• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 20, 2021
"You can't have some fact in a video game that doesn't match up with the movie". We know the Inquisitors are in the show and we know the temple from JFA also pops up and we've already seen a BD-1 droid pop up in Boba Fett.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
We know Cal Kestis is around at this time and we saw the purge troopers in this trailer. It makes so much sense and I would lose my shit if he showed up.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I find it literally impossible that Disney would resist the urge to put Cal in the show at some point.

If there's one thing I've learned watching their Star Wars shows, it's that if there is fan-service to be had, they will absolutely 100% do it.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
He's just saying details have to match up. You named the Fortress Inquisitorious already as an example. Don't read too much into it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I would be happy if Cal showed up

But even more I want Darth Vader showing up like he did in Fallen Order, he was terrifying in that

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I mean one the inquisitors in the show recreates an exact animation from the game so yea they definitely looked at the game for references and research since it's at least finally closer to live action than Rebels. Whether that extends to outright referencing characters from the game and such remains to be seen though.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Well it's Star Wars, so of course any well known character Obi Wan hasn't met yet has a realistic chance of appearing here now because it's the smallest Galaxy in the world where everyone knows each other

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be super cool for Cal to show up on this. It would also make the hype for the sequel game even higher.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he specifically mentions videogame when there's only a single one that takes place in the actual continuity currently makes this statement interesting.

It's not that you brief your actors on these kind of details, unless there's something bigger happening that actor has to work with.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I fully expect a very short throwaway dialogue where Inquisitors inside the temple mention the "infiltration incident some years ago that damaged the temple" referencing Fallen order

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Disney also added Cal's lightsaber to their legacy series at Galaxy's Edge and had Cameron Monaghan show up for the unveiling.

Mt4KVoX.jpg

Too much current promotion happening for him not to show up somewhere.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Stretch but would be cool if Cal did show up. I mean, he has the actor's likeness so why not.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
The fact that he specifically mentions videogame when there's only a single one that takes place in the actual continuity currently makes this statement interesting.

It's not that you brief your actors on these kind of details, unless there's something bigger happening that actor has to work with.
There's also Battlefront 2 and Squadrons. I think the special levels in LEGO The Force Awakens are also silly versions of canonical events.

But he's just talking about all the different media types that are part of the whole canon now. I doubt he knows what games are canon and which aren't.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way they aren't planning to have some videogame characters make appearances in live action stuff at some point. There's a reason why Cal Kestis and Iden Versio look exactly like the actors playing them.

Whether or not this happens in Kenobi idk,

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
I doubt Cal will show up, I think its more talk about how everything is canon and they have to bring things up that happen cross media in a way.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Cal Kestis showing up would be a great surprise. Also a poncho would be a good plus

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
5 years between FO and the tv show.
FO ending doesn't call for a straight follow up, they can totally jump 5 years in the future for the sequel.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
There's also Battlefront 2 and Squadrons. I think the special levels in LEGO The Force Awakens are also silly versions of canonical events.

But he's just talking about all the different media types that are part of the whole canon now. I doubt he knows what games are canon and which aren't.

Yeah you're right, was just about to make the BF2 edit. And that's what I meant, he's not going to be in the know about these details. And for locations he's probably not going to care since it's mostly just another green/blue screen he's performing in front with some set elements. It's just interesting that he specifically mentions the videogames part again. But who knows, might be that he was interested where those purge troopers came from while filming.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't The Bad Batch also feature Bracca? They've been hinting at Cal for awhile now.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Most people think Inquisitors were from Fallen Order instead of Rebels and he said he watched all the movies to prep so I wouldn't be surprised if he just means those characters.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I think he's just referring to the Fortress Inquisitorius appearing in Kenobi, which was first introduced in Fallen Order, as well as the Purge Troopers (although they have a slight redesign which is rumoured to appear in Jedi II). There's also the aspect of which Inquisitors are alive and dead at this point in the timeline and keeping track of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they mention the events of Fallen Order in the series, but I would be very surprised if Cal himself appears, especially given that his story is still being told in the games.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Not contradicting ≠ literal connection

This is wishful thinking, but seeing as even prequel era Obi-Wan has more appeal in his little finger than Cal 'the whiny cardboard box' Kestis, I'll allow it

Oct 26, 2017
That would be cool if Cal showed up, his actor actually learned the sword fighting choreography for mocap so he's primed and ready