• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What conspiracy?

And what do you think is the valid reason for lack of community or media response?
What do you think is more likely? Media outlets banding together not running the story because the accuser is a guy despite running stories about the Naughty Dog sexual assault allegations in 2017 where the victim was a guy (and it did take a few days for stories to get posted) or there's some other reason they haven't posted stories as of this post.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
First, you need to separate EEOC form OFCCP. Second, you need to have statistics to make any claim based off of either.

Third, this reads terribly. If he wants to be taken seriously he needs an attorney. What I just read is the rambling if a troubled person. Isolate your actual claims, present documented facts of these claims or requests for these individual claims.
Isn't that the textbook definition of tone policing you got there?

Kon

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think is more likely? Media outlets banding together not running the story because the accuser is a guy despite running stories about the Naughty Dog sexual assault allegations in 2017 where the victim was a guy (and it did take a few days for stories to get posted) or there's some other reason they haven't posted stories as of this post.
I don't think journalists banded together on this. A handful of outlets have written about this guy's story.

The ones that have not are the sites that still have articles praising Blizzard's inclusivity on their front page. The exact puff pieces that triggered this guy and got him to spill his guts out on Twitter.

In the case of the press, it's extremely routine to write articles based off of newsworthy press releases. When Blizzard has new Overwatch news, that's almost automatically considered newsworthy. It's a huge embarrassment for them that only a day after praising Blizzard for their inclusivity, along comes a real life person who used to work at the company but quit his "dream job" due to endless racist harassment.

In what kind of position does that put a news site? So some of these outlets that aren't reporting have put themselves in a catch 22 and are ignoring this so they don't look bad for writing a Blizzard puff piece just the day before. Having to walk that back would endanger their relationship with Activision, and it's just easier for them to let this man's story go unnoticed. That way, the contradiction is unnoticed by most, and their credibility goes unharmed.

It's a business decision.

Unfortunately, that does not explain the silence, the excuse-making, and the victim-blaming on the part of many in the Resetera community. That part I don't understand, and it's extremely disappointing to see.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think journalists banded together on this. A handful of outlets have written about this guy's story.

The ones that have not are the sites that still have articles praising Blizzard's inclusivity on their front page. The exact puff pieces that triggered this guy and got him to spill his guts out on Twitter.

In the case of the press, it's extremely routine to write articles based off of newsworthy press releases. When Blizzard has new Overwatch news, that's almost automatically considered newsworthy. It's a huge embarrassment for them that only a day after praising Blizzard for their inclusivity, along comes a real life person who used to work at the company but quit his "dream job" due to endless racist harassment.

In what kind of position does that put a news site? So some of these outlets that aren't reporting have put themselves in a catch 22 and are ignoring this so they don't look bad for writing a Blizzard puff piece just the day before. Having to walk that back would endanger their relationship with Activision, and it's just easier for them to let this man's story go unnoticed. That way, the contradiction is unnoticed by most, and their credibility goes unharmed.

It's a business decision.
Considering some outlets (like Kotaku, a site directly named earlier in the thread) have no issues with being blacklisted, I highly doubt it's that. Of course we'll most likely see which one of us is right over the next few days.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Victim of bullying and racism posts long rant about his abuser and instead of beating around the bush and being coy decides to take control and name his abuser.

OMG you guys! But what about the poor racist!?
DuPJ0bU.jpg

Right? The poor fucking dear.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The most disgusting thing is to see people's double standards. Since he's a guy, he has to be calm and reasonable and not denounce publicly, because god forbids this troubles the company and the harasser; he has to grow a thick skin, and that he's clearly a crazy sexist person, that is not enough believable. Blizzard's shit handling of this situation is nothing wrong and they did all they could (including keeping the harasser in power over the victim). Nothing to see there, nope. Boycotting is stupid because it's a big company, someone think of the management, womp womp.

Unbelievable.

People was literally debating how to make Kevin Spacey disappear and deleting everything he acted in, hours after allegations surfaced, yet no one cares about someone driven to suicide by the toxic environment inside Blizzard; everyone's busy celebrating their virtue signaling there.

Kon

Oct 25, 2017
Considering some outlets (like Kotaku, a site directly named earlier in the thread) have no issues with being blacklisted, I highly doubt it's that. Of course we'll most likely see which one of us is right over the next few days.
Well, you're the one who said there "must be a reason" for the lack of coverage. If it's not that, what do you think it is?

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
That's awful.

I will say this: I worked at Blizzard for almost a year, after my contract ended, nearly all of my coworkers started jumping ship as well.

That's so depressing.

When I started working in the game industry, I had a list of "dream developers" that I wanted to work for, but I thought would be forever out of my reach. Blizzard was on that list.

It's been real sobering crossing the names off as the years have passed. I don't think any are left now.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, you're the one who said there "must be a reason" for the lack of coverage. If it's not that, what do you think it is?
I already said what I think it is. You immediately shot it down by saying they wouldn't wait to put up stories despite the fact they did in the past.

Like I said we'll see which one of us is right in a few days.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Discrimination sucks and unfortunately it's the norm.

I get evaluations from different supervisers all the time, fairly regularly due to my job, and it's amazing that doing the same job with different people drastically changes depending on their own cultural competency. Most people will comment on my job performance.

Then others who clearly have a cultural disconnect with me and other coloured people that don't talk exactly like them, most of my evaluations then become about personality, lmao.

It's a strange form of discrimination to experience, but given that my evaluations are on likert scales, it is actually measurably different depending on if my supervisors at the time are white or coloured persons.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It's been real sobering crossing the names off as the years have passed. I don't think any are left now.
Yeah I can really empathize with that, I'm studying game design for about an year now on university, but since before that, when I started taking the whole thing a bit more seriously, I started having dream studios crossed off the list.

Helloween

Oct 27, 2017
Some of you in here are fucking digusting. You suck and should be deeply ashamed of yourselves. This kind of behaviour from you is how come Male suicide is so high and male abuse doesnt get believed.

I hope He gets the justice he deserves from reporting this and I hope this highlights to some that Abuse isnt a one gender problem.

Javi

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
Wow I was thinking about buying Diablo for the Switch and getting back into world of warcraft lol Good thing they are plenty of other games out there for me to play.

Oct 26, 2017
Terrible state of affairs, both what happened to the guy and how this community has chosen to respond to it. It is embarassing to be honest.

Hopefully his story will gain some more traction, I hate the hypocrisy of companies pretending to be inclusive but silently condoning shit like this.

JinnAxel

Oct 30, 2017
Really weird for people calling out individuals being seen as negative, or saying this story is too personal to cover. The Riot expose also named individual abusers, as well as retold personal instances of discomfort or abuse.

Also big media outlets had no problem running a story that they could have dug for more accurate information on last week in the whole Elly thing with Overwatch contenders. And in that case, the story was completely incorrect.

I'm all for media being thorough in their own investigation and coverage, but I don't think that's the case here considering none of them really apologised for running a misinformed story.

Like the case with any abuser, their name should be blasted out there so everyone knows what kind of person they are lest they gaslight others.

I think the abuser must have unlisted themself on Twitter or something because their handle doesn't return results.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Considering he's a person of color (well, according to USA's standards) you'd think Resetera would be up in arms instead of letting a general indifference fall on this.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017

A real journalist would at min try to verify at least some of his claims. That isn't instant. With no backup these are some pretty libelous claims if not true.

Give it a little time.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is he calling his wife "my Mrs." and himself a machista ironically?

One of the first experiences of discrimination he describes is during a conversation regarding someone "joking about his sexism" and then he uses some pretty what I would consider possessive language.

I apologize for those of you who have experienced this type of behavior in the workplace, and I hope my comments are not deemed as victim-blaming or are rehashing feelings of when people in priveleged positions didn't believe you. That is not my intent. It was just his comments regarding his wife were quite jarring for me.
I'm not gonna lie, that stuck out to me too. It doesn't invalidate his claims or anything, and it's obvious he went through some real hell. I hope he's doing better and I hope everyone involved on the Blizzard side of this will do some reflection and realize how much they fucked up.

StarBot

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
As a male person of color who is going through something similar, this thread just makes me so.... angry...

Like... ya'll are afraid "what about gamergate!??"

Not realizing that comment likes these
I'm forever suspicious about any men airing dirty laundry in public.

Will be proving GamerGate points even more

They are always going to use anything and everything to put the blame on progressives and "SJWs"

SO maybe, we ignore them and focus on helping the victim

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Some of you in here are fucking digusting. You suck and should be deeply ashamed of yourselves. This kind of behaviour from you is how come Male suicide is so high and male abuse doesnt get believed.

I hope He gets the justice he deserves from reporting this and I hope this highlights to some that Abuse isnt a one gender problem.
Yeah, and people should learn from this thread so far that abuse isn't a one gender problem like you mentioned. The few here that are writing these hot takes should really pay attention.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Just reading this triggered an anxiety attack and made me even more grateful that people with whom I work are the most empathetic in the world. Seriously, working hours this long in a toxic environment is one of the topmost fucked up situations I can imagine for a human.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I interned at the EEOC during my first year of law school, so I'm intimately familiar with the process. Honestly, an employee filing an EEO complaint is not a big deal. Any of big name corporations likely has hundreds of EEO claims filed against them, in my spare time I used to browse big name companies in the system to see how many complaints had been filed against them over the years. The problem with this employee (and most claims in general) is A) The Statute of Limitations has likely passed on the juiciest portions of his claims, you have 180 days from when a discriminatory event took place to file a claim and B) it would be hard to get the evidence he needs.

A record of filing complaints against the individuals stating these racist remarks against him towards his supervisor or Blizzard HR would be super helpful to his claim, as it would show that Blizzard was on notice that these events took place and did nothing. But, if he just had face-to-face conversations with his supervisors, none of it any sort of email or paper trail, well it's just his word against theirs. Honestly, when you file these claims the best thing you're hoping for is some sort of settlement with your employer.

Well, if there is an active EEO claim against them they'd be stupid to say anything beyond a general PR reply.
wow that's interesting to hear. A company I worked for got one a while back and while nothing came of it, it was the talk of HR and Legal for quite a while

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Why do the events of 2014 render male victims "suspicious?" Do you really believe male accusers would make up claims and quit their dream job just to get back at the world's women for subverting GamerGate? This is, again, exactly what misogynists and incels believe about women who come forward.

I think all abusers should be named, because that's the only way any action can ever be taken. Too many companies seem incapable of handling these issues internally, and Blizzard is no exception.
It doesn't, men can be victims of harassment just as much as women for various reasons.
You do know that that 2014 event was started by a shitty guy claiming to be wronged by a woman, considering the way women are treated in the gaming industry (dev and outside) a man putting a target on a couple of women is inherently suspicious because that is exactly the kind of shit they do.
We will have to take the author at his word when he says that he wasn't being sexist at work which kinds of put the situation in a weird spot, that does not excuse anything at all but it add context.
I have absolutely no faith in any structure handling this type of issue internally, that shit needs to handled externally by a neutral 3rd party, if the public has to be notified for that to happen so be it.
And I certainly believe that nothing coming from the alt right should be taken seriously, if they can lie about pedophiles in their midst they can lie about everything.
Ooooofffff.

This is why the harmful stereotype of "men can't be harassed" or "a victim of harassment" is so pervasive among the general public, stuff like this.

i make no claim of my position being correct or making sense, I prefer to air it in public and have it thoroughly tested so that if I'm being an ass at least I know I'm being one.

Will be proving GamerGate points even more

They are always going to use anything and everything to put the blame on progressives and "SJWs"

SO maybe, we ignore them and focus on helping the victim
Fuck them, breathing with somehow prove their point so let's just ignore them because nothing short of genocide would please them anyway.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
wow that's interesting to hear. A company I worked for got one a while back and while nothing came of it, it was the talk of HR and Legal for quite a while

It should be noted that the reasons these companies get so many claims against them is because by-law an individual HAS to go to the EEOC first when pursuing a claim of discrimination against their private employer. You can't just straight up sue a private employer for discrimination. Basically, the EEO wants the opportunity to at least investigate the claim first. Of course, a private individual does not have to wait for the EEOC to conclude their investigation. Once their claim is filed, they can very quickly after request a "Right to Sue" (I forget exactly what we called it) and that basically terminates the EEO investigation and allows them to immediately sue their employer with their own attorney.

Naturally, waiting for an EEO investigation to conclude is best because if they determine an employer has discriminated against you, then you can take that finding to court which will greatly enhance you case. And, it comes at no cost to you. You just gotta be patient though. But, depending on how cumbersome or serious a claim might be an employer may just decide to settle for some small amount than go through all of that. Because, what the EEO is going to request is a bunch of evidence from the employer, including emails, relevant to the discrimination claim. That shit is COSTLY to a private employer as they're going to have to retain counsel to scour through all their emails and make sure nothing damaging is in them. So, a big employer may even settle even if the claim is worthless because of the cost-ratio analysis between complying with the evidentiary requests and the small amount of settlement they are willing to offer the aggrieved former employee/hire.

I actually got to settle a case while working there for a nice amount for a lady based on sexual discrimination. I believed her but the evidence was weak with what we had. But, the employer decided to settle rather than go through with my evidence requests likely because of what I mentioned early.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

One of the first experiences of discrimination he describes is during a conversation regarding someone "joking about his sexism" and then he uses some pretty what I would consider possessive language.

I apologize for those of you who have experienced this type of behavior in the workplace, and I hope my comments are not deemed as victim-blaming or are rehashing feelings of when people in priveleged positions didn't believe you. That is not my intent. It was just his comments regarding his wife were quite jarring for me.
Unless I skipped a part, he doesn't call himself a machista, he says that his racist abuser had the idea that all men from his culture are sexist machistas.

And I don't see how "my Mrs." is possessive (maybe not the most used way of referring to someone's SO nowadays, but I don't see how it's any worse than saying "my wife"), especially considering the rest of the story and how obviously appreciative of her strength & her being in his life in these difficult times he is.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I've never thought anything of it tbh. I certainly didnt do a depression over it. I'm none of those things so why should it bother me?

Not everyone is blessed with a thick skin. And though it may not have bothered you, you shouldn't be forced to have to deal with that crap day in day out.

Bullying is a serious issue, especially when fighting back will often backfire for the victim even though they are totally, totally justified in doing so.

Bullies are the absolute lowest of the low.

Kon

Oct 25, 2017
We will have to take the author at his word when he says that he wasn't being sexist at work which kinds of put the situation in a weird spot, that does not excuse anything at all but it add context.
Yes, we should believe the victim who was abused by a racist boss, and not the racist boss who is saying "but he was sexist so he deserved it." Even if that were true, is sexism worse than racism? Does it make up for a worker being run out of their job by their boss?

And I certainly believe that nothing coming from the alt right should be taken seriously, if they can lie about pedophiles in their midst they can lie about everything.
Where does the alt-right come into this story?

Fuck them, breathing with somehow prove their point so let's just ignore them because nothing short of genocide would please them anyway.
How is staying silent on this issue "fighting the alt-right?" Wouldn't it be more effective for this community to vocally support this victim of racism and workplace abuse? Wouldn't that show that we at Resetera stand up for what's right, and aren't afraid of speaking out against oppression?

I don't understand why so many people here are afraid of "how this looks," just because it was a woman abusing their position of power this time.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Yes, we should believe the victim who was abused by a racist boss, and not the racist boss who is saying "but he was sexist so he deserved it." Even if that were true, is sexism worse than racism? Does it make up for a worker being run out of their job by their boss?
Even if he literally broke the leg of his boss that still wouldn't excuse the boss acting like a racist PoS.
The sexism accusation comes from him to explain the racism he was the victim of, he his using that as a way to garner sympathy knowingly or not.
I wouldn't even mention it if it wasn't part of the original text.

Where does the alt-right come into this story?
I'm giving you an example of a category of people I will never trust to even tell me what time it is.
Not the case here hopefully.

How is staying silent on this issue "fighting the alt-right?" Wouldn't it be more effective for this community to vocally support this victim of racism and workplace abuse? Wouldn't that show that we at Resetera stand up for what's right, and aren't afraid of speaking out against oppression?

I don't understand why so many people here are afraid of "how this looks," just because it was a woman abusing their position of power this time.
I'm not saying anyone should stay silent on this issue at all.
If that is what people get from my posts, that's a critical error on my part.
Even with all the objections in the world, it still is absolutely great that the author wrote what he did and is able to freely communicate on this to force change on this issue.
And dear god it's good thing this story didn't conclude in the darkest way.
As for whether or not he has my support (because I feel like that's kinda the crux of the discussion we're having), I can claim to or not but I am absolutely not sure how I could even show it in an effective way as such I don't think there anything constructive in my personal position.
but if you really wanna know, of course what the dude did was right and he should have the most support he can get if only because there's nothing to be gained from the guy being miserable.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Initially I was surprised to see news outlets not really cover this story. But now to think of it don't they seek advertising from Activision/Blizzard?

maybe if this were someone in a more higher profile position perhaps it would get more coverage is actually the real reason.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
I feel very sorry for him if he has struggled with his mental health and work place issues as the behaviour he has recounted is totally unacceptable, I do think Blizzard and the co-worker he accuses have the right to reply as ultimately this is just his version of events. Naming the person is also irresponsible as I think that opens her up to online abuse and threats which is never acceptable.

Last edited:

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There definitely seems more to this than just this employees account. I'm concerned that this person hasn't seeked any help for the mental health issues. During the letter it's not mentioned at all. I'm not sure I buy all the accounts they mention in this letter as there are lots of flags that this person needs help. I hope they can get it and move on with their life.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It kind of takes a shitty boss to make you realize that even the most "fun" companies really don't have their employee's backs. I had a similar situation but luckily my boss retired before doing major damage: could have easily gone to HR but was told by peers that someone else had tried that in the past and my boss came right back at him with some bullshit story about using profanity in the workplace and he just quit rather than fight her and HR.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I can really empathize with that, I'm studying game design for about an year now on university, but since before that, when I started taking the whole thing a bit more seriously, I started having dream studios crossed off the list.

Become indie and crave out your own path? I know it's not easy, but definitely an option.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Initially I was surprised to see news outlets not really cover this story. But now to think of it don't they seek advertising from Activision/Blizzard?

maybe if this were someone in a more higher profile position perhaps it would get more coverage is actually the real reason.
How bout those outlets are vetting the story? I'd imagine that's a more realistic scenario than them ignoring it for more coverage.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
There definitely seems more to this than just this employees account. I'm concerned that this person hasn't seeked any help for the mental health issues. During the letter it's not mentioned at all. I'm not sure I buy all the accounts they mention in this letter as there are lots of flags that this person needs help. I hope they can get it and move on with their life.
He mentions it several times that he has gotten professional help of all kinds.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018

you're shitting me, right? "My" is what you call a possessive pronoun, or y'know, a fundamental part of grammar? Possessive language? what are you smoking?

we are at the age where using a possessive pronoun is "jarring". Jesus christ.

and no, there is no valid or even a sensible argument to be made with being uncomfortable in saying "my mrs." Can't believe the level of ridiculousness some people employ in feeling uncomfortable about something. How in the world can someone even manage to feel uncomfortable of a husband referring to his wife as "my mrs." How do you refer to your mother, then? "My mom" or "The woman who gave birth to me"? Jesus.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
The red flag here is that you posted this, when the man's letter states that he has both psychological and psychiatric help.
Did you even read it?

Kon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm giving you an example of a category of people I will never trust to even tell me what time it is.
Not the case here hopefully.
Then why even bring it up? Why mention the alt-right?

You're acting as if the alt-right brought this story to light. They didn't. This guy posted it on his own Twitter.

Others in this thread have insinuated that this guy has alt-right sympathies, and that he's sexist towards his wife. Where does this shit come from? Why are so many people here jumping to that conclusion?

People here have said he's encouraging harassment of this woman. What? Should we have been concerned about Harvey Weinstein or Louis CK?

There are people saying they can't believe him because the mental breakdown caused by the abuse ruins his credibility. There are people saying the mental breakdown was faked to garner sympathy.

Still nobody who said this "looks bad" for progressives has explained why. This should be something to rally around.

Where is the decency? In any other thread on a topic like this, all of these people would be banned. There has not been one single moderation action in this entire thread thus far.

This community has been unusually silent in their condemnation of these posters, and unusually silent from commenting at all. This thread still has a very low replies-to-views ratio, compared to other threads. And a large portion of the replies are victim blamers.

What has happened to this community's values?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Then why even bring it up? Why mention the alt right?

You're acting as if the alt right brought this story to light. They didn't. This guy posted it on his own Twitter.
I'll cut the rest because it's frankly rather ranty and rather off topic to the discussion I'm having with you.

You said earlier
Do you really believe male accusers would make up claims and quit their dream job just to get back at the world's women for subverting GamerGate?
If they're part of the alt right, I can see that happening.
Again not the case here but if the question is do you believe everyone that is in this position?
the answer is if they're alt right, I'll keep not trusting anything out of the gaping maw that spout their hateful rhetoric.
Otherwise yeah no real reason to be suspicious.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The red flag here is that you posted this, when the man's letter states that he has both psychological and psychiatric help.
Did you even read it?
Ah love the tone. Chill out. Yes I read it. The person says they are doing that but I don't know if they actually are. Then we have the other person bringing other accusations out towards the author. We are all speculating here. I need more information. I wish people would take simple steps and document things as they happen. It makes things much easier to deal with.

Kon

Oct 25, 2017
If they're part of the alt right, I can see that happening.
Again not the case here but if the question is do you believe everyone that is in this position?
the answer is if they're alt right, I'll keep not trusting anything out of the gaping maw that spout their hateful rhetoric.
Otherwise yeah no real reason to be suspicious.
There it is again. Why do you keep saying "if they are alt-right?"

Why do you keep suggesting this man might be alt-right? What basis is there for that paranoia?

Again, some people just seem to believe this is an alt-right plot to take down a woman in management. There is no evidence for this, and no reason to believe this!

The original Twitter thread had many current and former Blizzard employees, mostly women, expressing their sympathies and saying how they saw he was having a hard time. Saying they could believe the details. Are they agents of the alt-right too? It's worth noting that the abuser tried to use exactly this point as a shield, saying he just had problems with "a woman in power."

Yes I read it. The person says they are doing that but I don't know if they actually are.

Then we have the other person bringing other accusations out towards the author.
Why do you believe he might be making it up?

What other person has made accusations against him? You mean the boss who told him he was sexist because he was Mexican? That was part of the abuse that triggered him.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm surprised people are allowed to show scepticism of an abuse victim. I thought that was banned here.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
There it is again. Why do you keep saying "if they are alt-right?"

Why do you keep suggesting this man might be alt-right? What basis is there for that paranoia?

Again, some people just seem to believe this is an alt-right plot to take down a woman in management. There is no evidence for this, and no reason to believe this!

The original Twitter thread had many current and former Blizzard employees, mostly women, expressing their sympathies and saying how they saw he was having a hard time. Saying they could believe the details. Are they agents of the alt-right too? It's worth noting that the abuser tried to use exactly this point as a shield, saying he just had problems with "a woman in power."

Take a breath and calm down.
Never am I suggesting the guy is alt right.
You said, again,
Do you really believe male accusers would make up claims and quit their dream job just to get back at the world's women for subverting GamerGate?
And I'm telling you if the male accuser is part of the alt right, I'm not believing that accuser.
Again, this is not the case here so I'm clearly talking about a general case that we are NOT seeing here.