• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
images

Prlase look forward to Lab Zero's exciting new fighting game made by its lone megalomaniac coder.

Last edited:

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I said this almost verbatim in another thread, but wow, it's so crazy that the suspicions some of us who weren't drinking the Skullgirls kool-aid had about Mike Z all those years ago were true, and then it turns out he was even worse than any of us imagined.

I mean, he's still got a chance at making a statement to explain his side of the story to clear his name, but it isn't looking good right now. This is looking like he's hitting self-destruct and trying to salvage whatever of value is left while he can.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I think you can only get unemployment if you're laid off, so that's something to take into account. A lot of the time, it's better for you to be laid off than to just quit. (See better call saul for a good example)

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Who the hell knows at this point, you'd need an entire new studio of folks to pick up where they left off and I wouldn't blame anyone that wanted to wash their hands of this whole thing even if they were offered jobs to finish the work without Mike.
The mobile team is on SG now but Indivisible is the tricky one.

Wonder what it means for the planned animated show.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

MikeZ laid off everyone that didn't quit on their own. This is just mindblowing.
Ooof. Yeah, that sounds about right of something he would do, seeing how this entire scenario has turned out so far.

Ordered a book in support. I wish I saw this earlier in the day, otherwise I would have bought the other volumes that ended up quickly selling out.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Mike Z was working on the upcoming GGPO update to Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R: https://gamasutra.com/view/news/372...suspended_from_work_on_Guilty_Gear_update.php

Arc System Works and the fan group working on this update hired him after the implosion of Lab Zero and, in an amazing coincidence, they decided to let him go right around the time journalists started asking about him!

We asked Yamanaka about this decision in a follow-up query. He responded that "It was decided on the basis of delivering the best service to our users, and putting the users as our utmost priority. In the ultimate interest of our fans waiting for the GGPO update, we express our utmost regret that we chose to overlook certain aspects of our harassment policy."

"We have the expectation for MikeZ to resolve the allegations against him in good faith. Now that the development has came to a milestone, and with your [outreach], we thought it to be a good time for MikeZ to start working towards a resolution."

This is insane.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Turns out some people love bad boys.

This is bizarre, why would they hire him after the shitstorm and not, Y'know, wait it out a bit? Why hire him at all???

I'm so confused, is there something about this I'm missing? I guess it's a good thing it was short lived, but like, it feels like a bad call to hire someone who is in the middle of a lot of controversy like that before the dust settles.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Turns out some people love bad boys.

This is bizarre, why would they hire him after the shitstorm and not, Y'know, wait it out a bit? Why hire him at all???

I'm so confused, is there something about this I'm missing? I guess it's a good thing it was short lived, but like, it feels like a bad call to hire someone who is in the middle of a lot of controversy like that before the dust settles.

MikeZ was the guy who pitched the rollback update to ArcSys.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Is rollback really such black magic that you'd need to hire a guy as radioactive as MikeZ? There's got to be other people capable of implementing it, right?