Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022

View: https://twitter.com/TaitoCorp/status/1779785477404729370

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVY9Txe3AH8

Lufia 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, my favourite JRPG by far and the best game on SNES in my opinion. That it's still trapped on there after 29 years is a crime!

This video is really beautiful though and a bit of balm for our wounds.

For anyone wondering, the songs used are The Prophet and The Savior of Those on Earth.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urd_OhiNXEc&list=PL6BB4862ADAA12E48&index=13

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU_eBugqjRk&list=PL6BB4862ADAA12E48&index=47

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Lufia II mentioned.

hQv3t9N.png

OP
OP
Lightsong

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Taito remembered the game. Does this mean, there is a chance?! I'm full of copium.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I actually *loved* the new artwork (TIa's new look was a lot more fun/interesting), but found it super strange to pivot so far from the classic designs. o_O
(Maxim went from being a knight to rocking that leather jacket there lol)

Like they really top-and-bottom changed a game that was already great.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I actually *loved* the new artwork (TIa's new look was a lot more fun/interesting), but found it super strange to pivot so far from the classic designs. o_O

Like they really top-and-bottom changed a game that was already great.
Yeah at face its a great looking game. I played about an hour of it and didn't mind it. This is coming from someone who never played the original. I have a friend who ranks the OG Lufia 2 as his GOAT so I know how the remake is usually a sore subject to the fans.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
That game's final dungeon theme is still one of my top favorites of all time, that entire ending sequence is great.

(I never played the original, so I had no idea of the events that were going to happen. Still one of the few games that made me ugly cry due to that specific scene with the baby crying during the ending sequence.)

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
The SNES original was one of the best turn based RPGs on the SNES comparable to greats like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. The DS game is a Zelda-like dungeon crawler with wonky camera mechanics and odd platforming segments.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Taito is pretty good about re-releases of old stuff and have been on a tear with whole series compilations as of late so I don't think a Lufia collection would be terribly surprising if you follow their recent output-- unless there is some rights issue I'm unaware of.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Taito is pretty good about re-releases of old stuff and have been on a tear with whole series compilations as of late so I don't think a Lufia collection would be terribly surprising if you follow their recent output-- unless there is some rights issue I'm unaware of.

Natsume and Atlus might own localization rights to the games they published, but that would be the only roadblock that I can see (and Natsume re-releases so much stuff that I imagine they would cooperate).

The first game should be entirely within Taito/Square's control, though.

OP
OP
Lightsong

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
My hope is really low, because it's been so long since they have done anything with this franchise. A Collection of Lufia really needs to happen!

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
One of my all-time favorite games. It is arguably the 3rd best RPG on the SNES which is amazing. I have made multiple RTTP threads for it.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Natsume and Atlus might own localization rights to the games they published, but that would be the only roadblock that I can see (and Natsume re-releases so much stuff that I imagine they would cooperate).

The first game should be entirely within Taito/Square's control, though.

Taito also licenses stuff to Natsume and they've worked together on new games recently: Ninja Warriors Again and Pocky and Rocky.

CaptainBearTV

Dec 20, 2023
Yeah with Terranigma one of the best and at the same time most underapreciated RPGs on the SNES.

Lufia 2 is just insanely good and I still play to this day the Ancient Cave on my phone if I have time at work.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
This is fantastic, I'm going to have to send to my brothers. Lufia 2 is a favorite of mine and I will remain ever hopeful that a modern way to play it will release...

...eventually.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damnit as soon as the blue and red orbs showed up I nearly started crying again, I hate that ending, HATE it. But then I love it too. And yet I hate it. And yet I LOVE it so!

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Forget 3rd best. It's arguably the best RPG on the SNES.
It might be for me but it is hard to argue past Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6. Not to mention Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 4/5, Terranigma, Secret of Mana, and Seiken Dentsetsu 3. It should definitely be in the same breath of all of those and I don't think it often is.
Here's a good Lufia music video too, containing Sinistral boss and regular Boss from Lufia 2 and the great final dungeon theme.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV_fI8DgAbc

I hate how forgotten Lufia is, just like Lunar.

This is amazing.