• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
R.I.P. Huge Pantera fan back in the mid 2000s. He and his brother can rock out in Metal Heaven.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus man, this is shocking. Guy is a legend no doubt

RIP, and my condolences go out to his family. At least he is with his brother now.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sucks. RIP. I wonder if his parents are still alive? Would be horrible to have both your sons gone :(

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that sucks. Him and his brother seemed like the coolest dudes.

one of the first metal bands I got into.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, unfortunate as fuck for the family. Not even really a Pantera fan but knowing what happened to Dimebag and now this has got me depressed as fuck.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Really shocked about this. Man. Some of my best memories with my friends involve this band. I just can't believe how this has all unfolded.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad. I was just thinking about Vinnie and his brother's shocking death when Walk came on the radio yesterday. 54 is really young. Knowing Pantera members' lifestyles I wonder how much that had to do with it.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Holy Shit.

Not a Pantera fan but Power Metal is still a kick ads album. There's some swing in Cowboys From Hell which I remember enjoying about that album.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
RIP Vinnie. Got into Pantera the same time as when I starting to listen to the other metal greats.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Man...fuck...

Dimebag's death hit me incredibly hard when it happened. Now Vinnie is gone too? Pantera got me into metal, Dimebag got me into guitar, and Vinnie got me into drumming. Musically, I wouldn't be where I am now without them.

RIP
May you find your brother and groove forever on...

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pantera had the simplest yet deathly crunchy riffs...two huge losses with dimebag and now this.

I'll toss Vinnie right in the middle here, rip to yet another legend.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
This is sad news. May he rest in peace. Thanks for the music, sir.

I liked some of Hellyeah's stuff. Was never big on Pantera or Damage Plan.

May 22, 2018
I saw Pantera in 2001 in San Jose, and it's easily the best concert I've attended. Rest in peace, Vinnie. May you jam with Dime forever.

Looks like I need to put on Watch It Go tonight.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK.

From Dallas area and man the Abbott family and their music was huge here. freaking sad right now.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Shocked

Fuck man R.I.P.

One of the best most grooviest drummers in metal

Damn what a shame :(

TheWraith

Oct 28, 2017
Saw Pantera back in their heyday in '94, will never forget the sheer power of their performance. RIP!

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
What! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I saw Pantera 6 times when they were around, even met the band at a record signing. He will be missed!

Last edited:

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Sad day. Pantera is my favorite band. Dimebag was my idol at one point in my teen years and made me pick up a guitar. Vinnie passing so early in his life is a shame, but I guess it's the rockstar way. RIP.

Oct 27, 2017
Just heard about this. That really sucks ass but at least now he can be with his brother now. I'm sure that ate away at him every day. Go create some kickass music with your bro now.

RIP Vinnie Paul

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma
Rip Vinnie was a great ass drummer and by all accounts a stand up guy. His brother was such an awesome guitarist as well. Rip both of them.

Fuck Phil though. He really soured the whole damn band for me.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I just got back into these guys this summer. Massive influence on my musical taste in my teens. RIP.