• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Hardest part of working out for me is finding time/motivation.

I'm a teacher, so during the summer (like now) I have exponentially more free time so I can go to the gym a lot. Last week I went 5 days and this week I got a little lazy and only went 3.

But I know once August hits it is going to be a fucking pain. I have to wake up at 6:45 to make it to work by 8:30. By the time I finished up all my programs afterschool I'm getting home at like 6:30pm, worn out from the day and hungry as shit. And that's just Wed - Fri. Monday I have Band rehearsals till 9:30pm and Tuesday I have Choir rehearsals till 10pm.

It's so fucking hard trying to make time for working out and that's not including random shit that happens during the week like performances, lesson planning, making copies, professional obligations etc.

I know most people solution is working out before work but I have no idea how people do that. After an hour to hour and a half workout I feel fucking drained. It takes a long while before I'm good enough to be functional let alone having to workout, drive 30-40 minutes to work and be up and ready to deal with kids.

Shit, there's just not enough hours in the day. It's like I get fit for 2 months of the year and everything else goes to shit. It was a lot easier in college when I had band practice and worked out for 3 hours every day.

That's how I feel about it. I work 10 hour days plus one hour commute each way. No way in hell I'm giving a shit about working out after 12+ hours. I come home and I just want to crawl into my cave and detach from the world.
If I worked close to home and fewer hours I'd feel better about squeezing it in somewhere.