• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

View: https://x.com/exoprimal/status/1775931969802576381?s=20

View: https://x.com/exoprimal/status/1773742547615031543?s=20

At release, Exorpimal supported Cross-Platform play but there was no way to "Party Up" with people from other platforms (If you somehow ended up in a match together, it was pure luck). However, on April 17th you'll be able to make parties regardless of platform and partake in any of the games modes (Including working towards your campaign progress).

Glad to see it finally happening, as it was one of the biggest issues impacting me getting a certain friend group to play.

Joezie

Nov 6, 2017
I like the concept of this game and am looking to try and sway a friend into it so we aren't stuck playing the same 2 or 3 games over and over on weekends.

Would it come with a recommendation in its current state or? I already frequently do lots of MH and Dragons Dogma(even though friendo does not at this point in time.)
Or should I continue to just wait?

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I like the concept of this game and am looking to try and sway a friend into it so we aren't stuck playing the same 2 or 3 games over and over on weekends.

Would it come with a recommendation in its current state or? I already frequently do lots of MH and Dragons Dogma(even though friendo does not at this point in time.)
Or should I continue to just wait?

Absolutely. They've added even more content and the way it's structured would be great as a "Hey, let's play this instead for today" kind of game. It can fit into any rotation quite well and the custom match offering means you're free to set things up how you'd prefer with your group.

About the only thing it needs now is to hit that sweet $20 price point

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can you still progress the story, earn XP, etc. by playing custom matches? Is there any "penalty" for doing that as opposed to going through matchmaking?

Joezie

Nov 6, 2017
Absolutely. They've added even more content and the way it's structured would be great as a "Hey, let's play this instead for today" kind of game. It can fit into any rotation quite well and the custom match offering means you're free to set things up how you'd prefer with your group.

About the only thing it needs now is to hit that sweet $20 price point

If Jawmuncher speaks to dinosaurs it must be true.

The lobbying shall begin immediately. Thank you most kindly.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Is there a free weekend coming soon? Some of my friends want to check it out but aren't committed to buying it

Apr 5, 2022
I might be in the miniority thinking this but they have a nice cast of characters and when the cutscenes happen its actually neat but I wish they would make the story separate from the multiplayer stuff you play. I feel more people would play the game that way but I dunno, is anyone a fan of the story portions of this game at all?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool a new Exoprimal thread.

Can you still progress the story, earn XP, etc. by playing custom matches? Is there any "penalty" for doing that as opposed to going through matchmaking?

We don't know if there are any penalties but so far we can run through it with just bots. The story is silly but can get knocked out reasonably.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
We don't know if there are any penalties but so far we can run through it with just bots. The story is silly but can get knocked out reasonably.
I've played through a bunch of the story already, but one of the people I was playing with fell off because of the PvP element. I'm hoping that I can rope them back into the game if this lets us continue our progression without any major drawbacks. I've been wanting to go back to the game for ages, I love it. T_T

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Viscerally excited for the new Beta suits. This time I don't actually have enough in-game currency to unlock all of them from the get-go (So many fun skins to get lol), so I'll have to pick and choose!

Yep! That is confirmed, and there do not appear to be any penalties.

Don't forget you can simply queue PvE (Which is the playerbase prefered mode anyway), and you'll only get two PvP matches in your entire playtime! Those two are both story missions (Your first match, and the one of which introduces Omega Hammer), but beyond those--none!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've played through a bunch of the story already, but one of the people I was playing with fell off because of the PvP element. I'm hoping that I can rope them back into the game if this lets us continue our progression without any major drawbacks. I've been wanting to go back to the game for ages, I love it. T_T

Did you all have it set to only PvE for matchmaking? There are the dominators in the final missions but that's just a small part of the game and shouldn't last long (especially if you have a Barrage ult ready).

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
So how is this game now for someone who enjoys EDF and Helldivers and has zero interest in PvP and hated the initial beta?

Last edited:

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
So how is this game now for someone who enjoys EDF and Helldivers and has zero interest in PvP and hated the initial beta?
Good fun, as noted above, there are only two instances of "forced" PvP and the remainder can & will be purely PvE. PvE also has new modes and others systems added, compared to PvP, and obviously now there are more maps & exosuits to play with.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
And we get a possible tease that there may be more after Season 4.
Also I'm very late but yo, this is very much true. They updated the roadmap with at least one other update, which is extremely awesome!

I wonder what they'll add? Probably anniversary update yeah, but I have no idea what they're likely to add in the update. I'd love a new Dino or two ofc.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just hope the yellow devil boss isn't time gates like MH

:/

I'm pretty sure it will be. It'll likely return a few times just like Rathalos has.

We need to get at least one Era game in. Let's see how many of us are still here.

I'd be down. I only play with literally one other person and we're both on Xbox Gamepass lol. Though this would be a great opportunity to play on the Steam version since that one crazy price error happened earlier this year.

Ronin | Rin |

Jul 13, 2021
I might get back into the game then! More importantly, I REALLY HOPE this means that MH Wilds will have cross play from day one 🙏

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I still play a match every other day or so. Game is very underrated. Dino killing is fun. Almost have all the current unlockable classes.

Edit: hell yeah season 4 coming up? Can't wait

Last edited:

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
See, I know so, but I see so many people misuse it that I just default assume it's the misused version. It's ironically common parlance for 'final' or 'best' despite being the opposite in literal nature. No shade at anyone, it's the nature of language, and the internet.
What?

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
I responded as I did under a few assumptions of many possibilities.
One, penultimate is one the words commonly used to mean… what it doesn't mean. Like how "a couple of" isn't actually used to mean 2.
Two, many of us Exoprimal-ers prior to todays video assumed this update was the final one. With the video, you'd only know otherwise if you waited till the last 3 seconds of the video, after all. It's reasonable as heck for someone not to know.

Combine the two possibilities, and that's all! It's the nature of the internet, we're reading text from people we don't know.

No harm was meant at all when I responded originally. Twas in fact the opposite, POTENTIALLY assuaging the concerns of a person. I apologize if for some reason it was a problem.

Last edited: