• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
F967dZUakAEB-gI

F963FkwXUAATLbC

www.youtube.com

Exoprimal - Monster Hunter Collaboration Trailer

Quest Accepted! A new world comes to Exoprimal in Title Update 3 with Monster Hunter crossover content!Go on the hunt for the iconic Rathalos, King of the Sk...

I wish the seasons weren't so far in between. I'm almost done season 2.

Coming January 18th, 2024

Main contents of the 3rd title update
・Season 3 starts
・Collaboration content with "Monster Hunter" series added
・New level "Jungle"
・Added 4 variant beta series, new rigs, new modules, etc.
・Introducing the boss enemy "Neo Triceratops", 10 Player Coop Event
・New limited time campaign to be held
・Survival Pass rewards updated

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Still kind of miffed at no Rajang fight though. If people thought Savage Gauntlets were already too hard, they'd absolutely be pissed off at an Exoprimal version of Rajang.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Im just excited to see the Rajang skin dancing around with glow sticks next year (you know it'll happen lol)
Anyway, Im liking the thought of the new fights, would have loved even mroe MH creatures included as they would fit the game like a glove.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. Hopefully it gets more people to play the best multiplayer game of the year.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
I suggest updating the title with "FREE WEEKEND NOW, and MH Collab w/ Rathalos, Neo Trike, New map, and more coming Season 3; Cross-Platform Party Invites in Season 4" since it's a MAJOR update.

Like, ya'll it's some insane things. Games already oozing with content, and it'll just get better. They even revealed Season 4's new stuff partially.

• Neo Triceratops & Rathalos for 2 new bosses (Doubling our current count)
  • Monster Hunter themed miniature storyline including Velocprey
  • 4 MH skins, including Rathalos Armor for Murasume, Kirin armor for Skywave (or Vigilant I just woke up okay), Nergigante armor for Barrage, and literally Rajang for Roadblock. Not armor, Rajang.
  • A new map, themed off of MH, The Jungle… Bringing the map count from 6 at launch (albeit with pacing problems) to 8 (with pacing problems fixed). Which is incredible variety, seriously good stuff.
  • 1 new Rig, which confers Invisibility
  • 4 Beta Variant Exosuits (Deadeye known, 3 unknown; 4/10 suits), with new modules ofc
They even revealed additions coming in Season 4 (March-April):
  • Cross-platform party invites, the current ONLY major flaw remaining
  • Custom Match hosting including progressing through the story together likely as a solo group (weird but whatevs). Could mean the game'll last a LONG time even after the servers are taken down potentially.
  • Another new mode 10-player cooperative mode, called Time Loop Rebellion (Escspe was a huge success, makes sense).
  • New Beta Variant exosuits, modules
  • And More!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't realize a new thread was made. Go ahead and add this updates roadmap image as well OP.

Screenshot_20231102-101240.png

Always a great time to jump in one of the sleeper multiplayer hit experiences of 2023!

BearBobomb

Jun 3, 2022
Earth
I suggest updating the title with "FREE WEEKEND NOW, and MH Collab w/ Rathalos, Neo Trike, New map, and more coming Season 3; Cross-Platform Party Invites in Season 4" since it's a MAJOR update.

Like, ya'll it's some insane things. Games already oozing with content, and it'll just get better. They even revealed Season 4's new stuff partially.

• Neo Triceratops & Rathalos for 2 new bosses (Doubling our current count)
  • Monster Hunter themed miniature storyline including Velocprey
  • 4 MH skins, including Rathalos Armor for Murasume, Kirin armor for Skywave (or Vigilant I just woke up okay), Nergigante armor for Barrage, and literally Rajang for Roadblock. Not armor, Rajang.
  • A new map, themed off of MH, The Jungle… Bringing the map count from 6 at launch (albeit with pacing problems) to 8 (with pacing problems fixed). Which is incredible variety, seriously good stuff.
  • 1 new Rig, which confers Invisibility
  • 4 Beta Variant Exosuits (Deadeye known, 3 unknown; 4/10 suits), with new modules ofc
They even revealed additions coming in Season 4 (March-April):
  • Cross-platform party invites, the current ONLY major flaw remaining
  • Custom Match hosting including progressing through the story together likely as a solo group (weird but whatevs). Could mean the game'll last a LONG time even after the servers are taken down potentially.
  • Another new mode 10-player cooperative mode, called Time Loop Rebellion (Escspe was a huge success, makes sense).
  • New Beta Variant exosuits, modules
  • And More!
Oozing with content seems like a bit of an exaggeration 😅

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Played during launch. I kinda liked it but thought the PvE was half baked, something they did last minute (and as far as I know that was exactly it)

Is it better now?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Played during launch. I kinda liked it but thought the PvE was half baked, something they did last minute (and as far as I know that was exactly it)

Is it better now?
If you can remember, what felt half baked about it? You may not have experienced more of the PvE modes due to being in the early game.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Oozing with content seems like a bit of an exaggeration 😅
It really isn't, yo. There's over 20 dinosaurs to fight in over hundreds of combinations, 20 exosuits to play as, 7 maps, 5 PvP modes (all final missions), 6 or 7 PvE modes (2 final missions), a buncha progression systems and customization factors, that's a lot.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird it hasn't had any meaningful sale yet.
Give me that steep discount and I'm in
Well it'll be on sale on Steam during the free weekend, that's something I guess.

Is it better now?
The only difference is that they added a 10-person PvE final mission which is pretty fun but nothing else has really changed how PvE worked. Aside from that you're more likely to run into the rarer PvE missions though which was a good change.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
If you can remember, what felt half baked about it? You may not have experienced more of the PvE modes due to being in the early game.

Same thing as the PvP mode minus the actual PvP. I felt they just removed a feature for those that don't like pvping (like me) while maintaining competitiveness, but the result was something that I didn't feel it offered anything substantially different from its counter-part.

I did enjoy the gameplay however, so I'm actually downloading it right now to try again. This time a couple of friends will also try and this might changes how I feel about it.

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Same thing as the PvP mode minus the actual PvP. I felt they just removed a feature for those that don't like pvping (like me) while maintaining competitiveness, but the result was something that I didn't feel it offered anything substantially different from its counter-part.
Well you're more likely to run into PvE missions than PvP missions now. Maybe it's anecdotal but I get 1 PvP out of every 5 missions. I've actually counted.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

I did enjoy the gameplay however, so I'm actually downloading it right now to try again. This time a couple of friends will also try and this might changes how I feel about it.

???

Sounds like you won't like this at all then as there is more variety now but the final PvE event can still be stuff you already encountered in the rounds prior. Hopefully your friends maybe add that bit you were missing.

BearBobomb

Jun 3, 2022
Earth
It really isn't, yo. There's over 20 dinosaurs to fight in over hundreds of combinations, 20 exosuits to play as, 7 maps, 5 PvP modes (all final missions), 6 or 7 PvE modes (2 final missions), a buncha progression systems and customization factors, that's a lot.
To be fair I only played for around 3 hours and it felt like I played the same mode 10 times over, I may try again with the free trial

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, in friggin' April lol.
Yeahhh haha. I really wanted to play this one with my friends but there's no way I could convince them to buy it full-price on Steam while they have Game Pass... but I don't want my save data locked to Game Pass forever, so we're all just waiting, lol

Glad it's still coming at least, even if it's much later than I wanted.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
???

Sounds like you won't like this at all then as there is more variety now but the final PvE event can still be stuff you already encountered in the rounds prior. Hopefully your friends maybe add that bit you were missing.

Its not that I didn't like it. I did.

I just felt it lacked something. Maybe friends was what was missing, lmao. We will see.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
To be fair I only played for around 3 hours and it felt like I played the same mode 10 times over, I may try again with the free trial
There's a reason for that, yeah. The game's story-progress based, right? On launch, with everyone being new everybody was basically going to matchmake into fellow new players, but they had it setup to prioritize *new* players. So you were significantly unlikely to encounter any new modes or dinos, which was the biggest problem on launch.

Has been resolved for the most part. Keep in mind, every mode is about shootin' and punchin' dinos lol. No matter which mode, PvE or PvP, to some degree it'll be punchin' dinos. That do be the game, after all.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Ok sounds like you just needed the homies to play with, and it IS more fun with at least one friend with you coordinating against the dinos. Enjoy this upcoming weekend and hopefully the recent changes in matchmaking variety will hook you for longer!

The early launch experience was 100% not its best time, it's totally valid to find it feeling underbaked when it was kinda busted with its matchmaking & content pacing.

Very true, fortunately they have been listening to feedback with the Season 2 changes and now these upcoming updates.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Ok sounds like you just needed the homies to play with, and it IS more fun with at least one friend with you coordinating against the dinos. Enjoy this upcoming weekend and hopefully the recent changes in matchmaking variety will hook you for longer!
Yup, played most of it with a friend in PvE only mode and it's a super chill experience.