• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa shit! Unexpected! I vaguely remember both of these games!

Can we get Chameleon Twist next?

My memory of Iggy's Reckin' Balls is that one time my mom was going to the Family Video without me or my brother, but was sweet enough to ask if there was a game we wanted her to rent. We unanimously asked for Ico. But I guess they were out of copies so she got us Iggy's Reckin' Balls instead. Only getting older did I realize she probably just grabbed the next game off of the alphabetically organized shelf. Funny how sweet and meaningful the most minor things can be.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
That's two racing games back-to-back. Now continue that streak and finally give us Diddy Kong Racing next!

On-topic, never played either of those but remember seeing them in gaming magazines back in the day. Iggy in particular.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i decided to search 'iggy's reckin balls deviantart'

its not nearly as fun as i hoped

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Random as lol, but a welcome random!

I was old enough to really appreciate the deep cut 'obscure' of the N64 at the time so it's a library I can actually appreciate these sorts of releases.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Man, these were great rentals at the time. Although I owned Xtreme G lol.

Oct 25, 2017
i was fucking joking about uniraces y'all

297tricks.gif

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I would not have thought these 2 games would get added to NSO.

I will forever remember Extreme G from when ProtonJon streamed the game, glitched the game so his bike got stuck, and ended up winning the race since the game killed off all the other racers.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Some company named Throwback Entertainment bought all of the Akklaim IPs and is now remastering them and putting them on services like NSO which is kinda cool.

Huh, interesting. I checked out their (very poorly designed) website and, apparently, they don't own all the Acclaim stuff, but they do have things like Aggresive Inline and Vexx. Bring it on!

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
On my quest to listen to rad N64 music soundtracks, I recalled Iggy's Wrecking Balls have some nifty OSTs. I should try Extreme G's OSTs next time.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never expected to see Extreme G come back. Such a good game. Hopefully we get Extreme G2.

Also, we really need all 3 Rush games! At the very least Rush 1 & Rush 2049

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing the cover art for Iggy's Ball Wreckers, or whatever, so much. I'm not sure if it as due to a lot of advertisements in Nintendo Power or it was just there at Blockbuster, or both.

How likely is it that the service could one day have the San Francisco Rush games on it? Or Beetle Adventure Racing?

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
...huh, I was just wondering when the next third-party N64 games would arrive.

I rented Iggy's Reckin' Balls a couple times back in the day -- super weird! Not quite the N64 racer I wanted to see return -- that'd be the Snowboards Kids duo -- but I'll give it another go.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the last games i'd thought i'd see on NSO. Hope we get Chamelleon Twist somehow next.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Iggy's Wrecking Balls was infamous in my childhood friend group. We all rented it one weekend in the late 90s and fucking hated it.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I remember seeing the cover art for Iggy's Ball Wreckers, or whatever, so much. I'm not sure if it as due to a lot of advertisements in Nintendo Power or it was just there at Blockbuster, or both.

How likely is it that the service could one day have the San Francisco Rush games on it? Or Beetle Adventure Racing?

This game finally being on a platform that isn't the N64 would be a sight to behold.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
holy SHIT extreme g are you fuckin kidding me

no joke the acclaim n64 catalog is the holy grail I never thought we'd get

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Iggy's Reckin' Balls was the headliner on IGN64 when I first discovered that site. That's the only reason I'm aware of the game at all.

EDIT: And I remember renting one of the Extreme G games, 'cause I remember the game would get quiet when you broke the sound barrier.

Mar 30, 2019
To the smash requestors I hear you, but you know they are saving that for a rainy day. I swear with online matchups too. That would be like a Switch 2 feature or something.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
I remember reading about Extreme G in magazines. Always wanted to play it but never could.

I must admit Nintendo is making increasingly tempting to update to their dumb Expansion Pass.