• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
www.linkedin.com

Turn 10 Studios on LinkedIn: #gamedevelopment #videogames #turn10studios #forza

Do you want to have a major impact on 3 AAA titles in development across 2 beloved Xbox franchises? ForzaTech is the engine, tools, and pipelines that drive…

careers.microsoft.com

Software Engineer- Turn10 Studios in Redmond, Washington, United States | Engineering at Microsoft

Apply for Software Engineer- Turn10 Studios job with Microsoft in Redmond, Washington, United States. Engineering at Microsoft

Do you want to have a major impact on 3 AAA titles in development across 2 beloved Xbox franchises? ForzaTech is the engine, tools, and pipelines that drive both the Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon series of games. In addition to adding new features like raytracing to support the next console generation, we are also enriching the toolset to support an open world action RPG – Fable.

The Tech Share team at Turn 10 builds new systems and tools that benefit all games running on ForzaTech, helps teams design features and tools in a shareable way, and provides support for our cross-studio content teams. We are looking for a generalist who is comfortable working across many different areas and enjoys learning new systems to help us craft a better ForzaTech.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Exciting! Cant wait to see how versatile ForzaTech is. Might as well rename it to FTech for both Forza and Fable haha

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
ForzaTech seems to be such a good engine and I can't wait to see more of Forza Motorsport and FH5 as well as Fable for the first time.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
So Playground will be using ForzaTech for FH5 and Fable..interesting and actually makes a lot of sense to do it that way.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I don't think we'll see an Unreal 5 game from MS until Gears 6 unless Hellblade 2 was confirmed to use it which I don't think it was.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Maaaan if they include seasons I hope they tie some exploration into the different seasons. Making stuff accessible during certain weather conditions.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we'll see a trailer at this E3 but I want to be wrong. MS, Fable 2 remasters and 3 rerelease please before this is out.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Interested to see what this looks like. Hard to believe we haven't seen almost anything tangible from this yet, despite being rumoured to be in production fo a pretty long time.

Welp there you go that'll very likely be the first game from MS. I wonder if they'll be the first in general.

Given the partnership with Sony, they likely have some cooking there as well, but who knows. When it was announced for Hellblade 2 it seemed like they would adopt it when the option was available, not that they were already doing so. I suppose that puts Hellblade 2 at 2022 at the earliest.

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Can't wait to see what this looks like. Think this is a good decision too - they are masters with it, and this can only improve it in ways that may benefit other games if different devs want to us it within Xboxland.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Bro the dream is finally becoming a reality, every time I go for a drive in forza Horizon 3 an 4 I just dream about how amazing a rpg would be in there world

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Man, I'm really happy that we'll get a new Fable game, even if it's a reboot, I just hope that they'll do the soundtrack more like TLC, Fable 2 and 3 hardly ever had exploration music playing :/

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it isn't turning Fable's development into a nightmare. We've seen how engines built from the ground up for other experiences (DICE/Frostbite) can hinder game development.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For racing games, yes. Just like Frostbite is an estabilished engine for FPS's.

I think Playground and Turn 10 have a far more developed partnership than a lot of EA studios did when Frostbite was being mandated, just kinda worried, that's all.
From how it sounds, this is not like when BioWare made their own branch of Frostbite for Dragon Age Inquisition and then didn't utilize it on later games. Just like all EA studios seem to be doing now (everything being added by one studio is shared with others), it seems Turn10 and Playground are iterating on the engine together.

Let's hope it works out well for Fable.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if the new Fable isn't quite as open and large as say FH1-FH4 so they can pack more detail into the world. At least they've got plenty of reference photos/scans of England that can be used to construct assets.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Forza Horizon 4 looks beautiful. I'm new to the series and it was the first game I downloaded on Gamepass that wowed me. This is sure going to be a looker!

JT_77

Mar 15, 2021
Fable is my most hyped Series X/S game. I think it's the game that has the most potential to be a 10/10 from MGS given the amazing foundations the series is built on and how the gameplay mechanics and systems could be expanded through next gen tech. I feel like Fable nails the feeling of the world reacting to your actions better than most games. Villages don't stop and cheer for me when I waltz into town after killing a boss in Elders Scrolls! Excited to see what Playground do. Got a feeling they are going to knock it out of the park.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I wonder if they'll rename the engine since it's being upgraded and expanded for more than just racing titles now.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the new Fable isn't quite as open and large as say FH1-FH4

You can try driving across FH4 map in a Peel P50.
That's more or less how fast you could realistically travel on horseback.
Yeah, it should be smaller and a lot more densely packed to be interesting to travel through on foot or by horse.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
This is something I've been thinking about. It makes sense for studios to use engines they are comfortable with, even if Unreal 5 potentially offers some cool tech.

So the Sony-Epic partnership feels rather weird to me. Will Naughty Dog drop their in-house engine for Unreal? Will Sony Santa Monica do so? Insomniac and Guerilla seem to have already settled on continuing the use of their in-house tech for next gen. I'm not sure Sucker Punch would want to switch from their proprietary engine either. As such, the only major Sony studio I know to be using Unreal is Bend. So I'm not sure what this partnership entails.

MS seems to have a lot more studios using Unreal. We know The Initiative is using Unreal for Perfect Dark reboot. Obsidian used it for both The Outer Worlds and Grounded. And and they are using UE5 for Avowed. Based on job listings, Inxile's first person rpg will also run on UE5. The Gears series already uses Unreal. Hellblade 2 does as well. Rare too builds their games in UE. Same goes for Double Fine, Mojang, Compulsion Games and Undead Labs.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Forza Horizon games are purty. Can't wait to see that tech applied to a fantasy world.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
You can stream Fable II on PC with xCloud, it was one of the first games I tried.
People really need to stop telling PC players that streaming solutions are replacements for native ports. This happens with PS Now too. I'd rather just dig up my 360 then. But let's not derail this thread with "port begging".

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it isn't turning Fable's development into a nightmare. We've seen how engines built from the ground up for other experiences (DICE/Frostbite) can hinder game development.
First thing I thought of. The engine has been solely used for racing games until that point and thus is probably missing a lot of features required for making a RPG efficiently. Let's hope it turns out good for them, I'm very eager to see what it'll look like.

And the season thing is just a forza horizon feature, it doesn't mean their engine is specially made to show off multiple seasons in every game :p
In a RPG, that would imply a whole lot of work too.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
You can try driving across FH4 map in a Peel P50.
That's more or less how fast you could realistically travel on horseback.
Yeah, it should be smaller and a lot more densely packed to be interesting to travel through on foot or by horse.

Haven't actually played with the Peel at all. That's going to be a change from the McClaren 720S.

Yeah it should be smaller and focused so it doesn't end up being like the long slog of AC:Valhalla.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The Frostbite comparison is weird. First of all Playground is heavily involved in Ftech engine development for years. Next unlike Frostbite the engine use isnt really "forced" on them. If they didnt think it was good for their game they wouldnt have chosen it themself.