• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Found on r/XboxOne. We've been talking about it in the Microsoft Studios first party thread for a while and the majority of users seem to think it's real (which is why I decided to make a thread). It's chapter one so the first level of the game, very early gameplay. (It could also be the title of the game although Chapter One is a really bad title to me).

According to some people on the Microsoft Studios first party thread, the leaker said the player model is a placeholder model.

Are you team real or team fake?

Last edited:

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Source: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/416012247

- project going smoothly, milestone reached with alpha build
- humor is on point, very funny
- some dark souls mechanics, can summon and invade
- looks amazing on x
- teaser trailer been edited, not sure on e3, gamescon is more likely
- name on vid not final, it has been decided but i don't know
- character model on vid is placeholder

IMHO very fishy.

Edit:

Oh well, this settles it.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Reminds me of War.
darksiders-wrath-of-war-impressions.jpg

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not much to dig into. Might as well be a prototype. Clearly a lot of potential there. The layered environmental depth is great. I keep looking back farther and finding more detail. And the way those layers shift with the camera feels really nice.

Edit: Ha! Good for this guy. I checked out his webpage -- 2016 graduate. Doesn't look like he's currently with a studio? Hopefully the attention gets him an interview or two.

Last edited:

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean it looks like something you can put together in UE4 with little effort, so I am team fake. Game engines, 3D printers and photoshop mean you shouldn't believe any leaks.

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
ya the footage had that "generic" unreal engine look to it. that was a big red flag, i think Fable (which i'm confident is real) will have a much more unique art style. I'm just excited to see Playground Games get a chance to make a full fledged AAA game that isn't Forza.

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
From what we know the development is in a veeeeeeeeeeeery early stage at this point. I'd rather them not show a CG trailer this year to be honest. After Scalebound and that card game they should be way more cautious.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
ya the footage had that "generic" unreal engine look to it. that was a big red flag, i think Fable (which i'm confident is real) will have a much more unique art style. I'm just excited to see Playground Games get a chance to make a full fledged AAA game that isn't Forza.
This isn't the Forza team. They've hired the combat designer from Hellblade, people who worked on GTAV, MGSV, Battlefront II, etc. two separate teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.