dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
What they've done (made legacy costumes that you used to be able to buy with crowns now you have to use real money) is absolutely insane. They should've kept everything prior to this update buyable with kudos and anything new special that they added put on their new stupid showbucks system. Essentially if you missed out on older costumes because you were offline that day good luck because now you can't get them without spending real money. It's a total joke.

I get they need a revenue stream from F2P but this is awful, it's really made me really dislike the game and I've played 120 hours since release.
Same. The game is still so fun to play. But booting it and seeing that my time spent with the game is useless for store rewards REALLY soured me on this new one

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Yup that's why I'm mad, the only thing that made me go for wins was the possibility of getting all these costumes, now they've made it almost impossible
Hey once you get to the higher crown ranks, you can look forward to needing more than 100 crowns to advance a single rank. That's something to look forward to :)

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I'm glad I unlocked a bunch of dope costumes before this transition because YIKES they're gouging for costumes now like Fortnite.

Nostalgia for before there was even seasons, and I know they'll sell the skins I have like Master Ninja for money.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan having to do group playlist everytime in the dailies.

Well, at least got a crown from the jumping playlist. Let's see how much longer I stick with it. Fun game, but didn't last me for long back during the original release.

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan having to do group playlist everytime in the dailies.

Agreed, so far tonight I've had a game where I didn't get matched with a partner at all, and another where the partner quit after the first round (after we qualified easily?). It's rare to make it to the end of a show with a full team intact if you're matching with randoms.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
For the record, when I play this game I just do like 2-3 matches before I go to bed for some silly fun. I don't worry about cosmetics, the in-game economy, etc. It's really fun if you just play it like that.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
For the record, when I play this game I just do like 2-3 matches before I go to bed for some silly fun. I don't worry about cosmetics, the in-game economy, etc. It's really fun if you just play it like that.
The thing is, unlike other online games, besides skins you don't have much else to get in Fall Guys, skins were always the main reward and incentive for the players, the PS Skin challenges were fun too , this isn't

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
The Fresh & Hip costume used to be part of a $5 costume bundle of 3 outfits. Now it's 1200 showbucks. $8 gets you 1000 and $20 is 2800.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I'm pretty happy with my red helmet lol, I don't really feel like I need any other costumes. I'm just having a blast playing the game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty happy with my red helmet lol, I don't really feel like I need any other costumes. I'm just having a blast playing the game.
It definitely sucks for people who bought the game originally, but are now forced into this stingy F2P mtx system. Especially considering all the crown's got converted to Kudos, and there's only like 6 things per week now you can buy with that currency.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the reddit thread for today's patch says that team game spawns are fixed and one of the first replies is "nope, still broken".

Easy_G

Dec 11, 2017
California
I love how the reddit thread for today's patch says that team game spawns are fixed and one of the first replies is "nope, still broken".
Yeah, I definitely noticed that my team always starts grouped still.

This is the first time I've played the game and I'm enjoying it. I don't care much for cosmetics or experience systems, and the points/currencies are so damn confusing that I can't even tell what I'm missing out on. My main incentive for progressing is to get access to more levels, as it's a very small rotation for me right now. As I've hit 20 I've noticed a few new stages suddenly in the rotation.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017

When the game first came out on PlayStation, I was happy with just the shorts for a long time... even though I had access to more stuff.

The music, the sounds, the bumping and falling over each other. Everything was perfect about it. I'll revisit in a few days, but I think I heard I need to log into my PS4 version first... before downloading the PS5 version???

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017
When the game first came out on PlayStation, I was happy with just the shorts for a long time... even though I had access to more stuff.

The music, the sounds, the bumping and falling over each other. Everything was perfect about it. I'll revisit in a few days, but I think I heard I need to log into my PS4 version first... before downloading the PS5 version???

Shouldn't need to do that. You just need to login to your epic account via the platform you want to keep your inventory from. i.e. PSN

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So what happened about the 'pre-register' and get some stuff? I don't think i received any of that stuff. Anyone receive their items?

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
I really like the minigames but I suck at most of them, and losing all the time isn't fun. I haven't won a single game, really not motivated to keep trying. Fortnite at least throw me a bot match if I lose too much.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I saw there was a patch today, has there been anything on them fixing the trophies autolocking on PS5? I raised a support ticket but haven't had a response.

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
So what happened about the 'pre-register' and get some stuff? I don't think i received any of that stuff. Anyone receive their items?
Are you playing on PC? Apparently they won't unlock if you launch the game via Steam and you'll have to launch it via EGS instead. Dumb, I know. It's just a banner and some kudos though, no other milestones were reached.

I don't think so?

I've never won a game, and played it off and on since launch but now more into it as I can play it on Xbox without a subscription and I just can't see every game I've been playing since launch to be filled with bots.
There are bots, but if you're not playing on PC (where they will have the PC icon despite them using the same platform as you) it's pretty hard to identify them as they use very "realistic" randomly generated usernames. They're only coded to work on a few round 1 and 2 rounds, so the moment an incompatible round is selected they will automatically disconnect.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
There are bots, but if you're not playing on PC (where they will have the PC icon despite them using the same platform as you) it's pretty hard to identify them as they use very "realistic" randomly generated usernames. They're only coded to work on a few round 1 and 2 rounds, so the moment an incompatible round is selected they will automatically disconnect.

Well, that doesn't help much. The only time I tought I could win was when I was the last player standing in block party... and then I fell before the timer ran out. I call BS on that, should have ended the game when the 2nd last guy fell.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck in the purgatory of being ok enough to not let the side down when in an ok squad/duo but not be able to carry a poor squad/duo. I got knocked out on bubble trouble at the same stage games running despite getting at least 20 bubbles for my squad ._.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Got my 3rd win in 3 days since I restarted on xbox. I feel like it's easier now than it was at launch, maybe the influx of new players and I have an advantage, although 2 of my wins have been on stages I've never done before

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Remember when the micro in microtransactions meant a small transaction, not something like $20?! I could easily afford it, but I still can't justify myself spending that kinda money on skins in any game. I guess at least if you only want Master Chief you could just get that one for 1200.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
This grunt is fantastic.

Still mad about losing double digit crowns in the F2P transition, would have spent them earlier.

El Crono

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
For references,
All costume packs prior were 5$ for 3 skins if it was money only.

Everything in game would either cost 10 crowns for full top and bottom or 22000 kudos for top and bottom.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Wait a minute.

I dont want to download the PS5 version because I don't want to deal with some of the super hard trophies....

So can I still boot/update the PS4 sku with 100% trophies and keep playing that way?

BTW I'm likely never buying or paying for show bucks. I can't go from getting free crowns and then those costume to now having to dish out money. It feels like we are going backwards. They should have at least gone the Fortnite way of granting OG people who had the game day1 to get 150 showbucks every 7 days for free.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Idling now as the game is Bubble Collector in Duos...and I'm a Solo Player...

...fun times!

Remember when the micro in microtransactions meant a small transaction, not something like $20?! I could easily afford it, but I still can't justify myself spending that kinda money on skins in any game. I guess at least if you only want Master Chief you could just get that one for 1200.

Infinite suffers the same problem.

He'll, Infinite reduced prices for Bundles and been slowly increasing them again!