Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Do the store items have multiple colour variants, or is it just one colour for each piece? The dino head looks awesome, but if i could get it in another colour than green I'll leave it for now lol.

Other colors can appear in the store under a different name. Similar to Fortnite.
Yesterday we had the T-Rex skin, today it's Raptor.

cbH8jVU.jpg

madridi-gh

Mar 25, 2018
Love the game. Super fun

But I see few people comparing it to Rocket League beginnings, and I don't think it would reach that level because there is no high skill cap here. And for that reason, to keep this momentum they need constant updates of new levels and themes to keep players engaged, which is very hard to do.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Do you always appear to yourself on the orange team? Because wearing the pineapple costume makes you look pink for some godforsaken reason.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I never thought I would play a game where I would be constantly shouting "Fuck you, pineapple!" at my screen

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
I like this game but people seem to be obsessed with it being around forever. Why can't we have a game that's fun to play for a few weeks and then goes away? It's good old, basic, cheap fun. Not everything has to be an e-sport/live service.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I like this game but people seem to be obsessed with it being around forever. Why can't we have a game that's fun to play for a few weeks and then goes away? It's good old, basic, cheap fun. Not everything has to be an e-sport/live service.
They've clearly built it that way, though. So I think it makes sense that's what people are expecting.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's esports material at all, but I'd love for it to have a healthy player base for a while, as it offers nothing else.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
pro tip: always play with tags showing so you can hold a grudge across multiple rounds

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Just won two crowns in a row which is justice for the earlier bug stopping me from winning.

The team games do all kinda suck though besides the rolling ball down the hill one.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
first time playing

Fun, but oh my the delay jump is so bad ( PS4)
Like ruins the game bad, almost a second delay after pressing the button.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I wish they let us disable bloom like in the PC version. Game looks much better without it

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my second win. First was on Fall Mountain. This one was Hex-a-Gone. So tense, I still don't think my hands have relaxed!

Managed to stay on the upper levels more or less on my own, hopping from one tile to the next. It was down to me and one other for aaaaaages but thankfully slow and steady did the job.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Royal Fumble.

I lost with 2 seconds left cause a guy from 6 feet behind me grabbed my tail. Like his hands weren't even close to me.

Its so dumb. I'm basically never going to win. I've probably been "second" 30 times by now.
Is it just me or is the football/soccer mode filled with people throwing? Just lost a 9v10 game 2-8 because of idiots like that.
It is.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck Royal Fumble.

I lost with 2 seconds left cause a guy from 6 feet behind me grabbed my tail. Like his hands weren't even close to me.

Its so dumb. I'm basically never going to win. I've probably been "second" 30 times by now.

It is.

Same thing happened to me earlier this morning. I hate that game to be honest. I grabbed a tail with 15 seconds left, ran off, and with 1 second left I was eliminated. The person wasn't even remotely near me. That was probably the most annoyed I've gotten at this game.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Do PS4 / PC have local multiplayer? Could my fiance and I both join the same game? Would have it have split screen? On PC, are there lobbies for friends to join the same game?

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
few devs and the community manager are playing on mediatonic's twitch right now. mentioned that the first patch is due "very soon". info to come shortly.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Royal Fumble.

It is.
Royal Fumble is just bad, you might as well just stay afk until the last 20-30 seconds before starting to actually try winning. The final rounds should mostly be like hex a gone, survival games where you can play skillfully and screw others to your advantage, but still with a degree of luck to them, not a ping dependent tail grab game or a race you've already technically lost by not being on the front row.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I won on my second try! Hexa Gone was really fun at the end.

The game is cool the first 30 minutes, but I don't really see any reason to go back to it after that. It might be much better with friends though.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Love the game. Super fun

But I see few people comparing it to Rocket League beginnings, and I don't think it would reach that level because there is no high skill cap here. And for that reason, to keep this momentum they need constant updates of new levels and themes to keep players engaged, which is very hard to do.

Depending on how they have their tools set up, it's not that hard to do. I would hope that it's not too difficult to create new levels for this type of game, particularly when said levels don't really need any new mechanics or anything like that. The building blocks are all there!

Truthfully, a game like this would benefit hugely from a level editor.The multiplayer here reminds me of Trackmania, where the multiplayer has the same crazy party mode feel with all the cars going at the same time, competing for the best lap time. The level editor is integral in that game, but the devs also built the game with simple building blocks which make it easy for them to build 100s of levels.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is it just me or is the football/soccer mode filled with people throwing? Just lost a 9v10 game 2-8 because of idiots like that.

I watched a team actively throw that game by scoring own goals constantly. I had been eliminated the game before but someone in my party was on the team, it was baffling.

Anyways the game is great, lighthearted dumb fun. Sure, there are some games I'm not too fond of, but whatever. it's something you can just play for an hour or so with your mind completely switched off and have fun, it's an absolutely perfect PS+ game. I've come 2nd more than I have won though.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just won my first game. This is now officially my best solo Battle Royale game.

Game is fun as hell. My only complain is that team games are a crapshoot. Wildcard as all hell, especially the football/soccer one when you have an odd number of players. Whoever has the one extra teammate just wins from my experience. If you have an odd number of survivors, then 1 on 1 team games shouldn't populate. Or better yet, delete team games all together. :D

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
Game seems super fun but there's no point in continuing to play it when I'm handicapped by no inverted Y-axis. Hopefully by the time they fix it the game is still hoppin and everyone hasn't gotten much better than me.

Also IDK if it was the time of day I was playing but I did not get much in the way of game variety last night. How many games are there total? I had like ten sessions that were nothing more than some combo of spinny platform race, pink slime race, fake wall race and moving wall race.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Devolver said to bug Sony for an exclusive Spiderman skin in Fall Guys. Yall with me on this one?