Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I guess I don't understand why you think it feels forced then. A lot of people thought the main story was bad (especially towards the end), the RPG mechanics took a backseat to the looter shooter gameplay (which wasn't great anyway), the faction quests sucked, the radiant quests sucked, the graphics weren't great, the performance and bugs at launch were awful, a lot of people didn't like the hamfisted base building…I could go on.

And? I mean there is a reason why I only got like 70 hours in it and I have had it since launch but you don't see me going on and on like it's 2015 again.

It was balantly obvious before the game was launch that it was aiming for something else.

It's not the worst or the best just like the rest but we really don't need to beat a dead horse do we.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
And? I mean there is a reason why I only got like 70 hours in it and I have had it since launch but you don't see me going on and on like it's 2015 again.

It was balantly obvious before the game was launch that it was aiming for something else.

It's not the worst or the best just like the rest but we really don't need to beat a dead horse do we.
I didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on games criticism

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on games criticism

You mean repeated? Its like listening to that one person who has been nagging about the same few things but for decades. Guess that also includes people rolling their eyes in the background lol.

But this is coming from a person who couldn't stand the hack and slash fallout game.

Last edited:

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
Fallout is great

You have one with the best writing: FO4
You have one with the best Graphics: FO3
You have one with the best open world: FO New Vegas
And then two with the smoothest unjanky gameplay in FO1 and FO2

There's something for everyone.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Not gonna sit here and say there's nothing wrong with 4, but it's not trash like some are making it out to be. Like, at all. I still need to finish the main game, and the story kind of wore thin on me.

NV for me is all about the writing, so that's my preference. I enjoyed FO3, and finished it along with the DLCs.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
Josh Sawyer and John Gonzalez' names don't ring out loud enough for what they accomplished in 18 months. It really is amazing.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
18 months!? I thought they only had 18 hours to make New Vegas 😱

Nope! 18 months! You can't make a game is 18 hours LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Here's what I found on wikipedia.com after digging around for a bit!

DEVELOPMENT

In 2004, Bethesda Softworks purchased the license to develop and publish Fallout 3, as well as an option to create two sequels, from Interplay Entertainment.[20] Three years later they bought the Fallout intellectual property.[21] Bethesda abandoned the original gameplay style of previous Fallout titles; instead of an isometric game with action point/turn-based combat, Bethesda's Fallout 3 was a fully 3D game with real-time combat as well as the action point-based V.A.T.S. system.[22][23][24]

Fallout 3 was a critical and commercial success upon its release in 2008,[22] and Bethesda commissioned a sequel. With their own developers busy working on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda reached out to Obsidian Entertainment, a company founded by several former members of Interplay's original Fallout developers Black Isle Studios, to develop the game. Bethesda and Obsidian decided to create a game that would continue the "West Coast" story rather than the plot of Fallout 3.[22][25] Bethesda rejected Obsidian's idea to set the game between the events of Fallout 2 and Fallout 3, but they did approve of setting the game in Las Vegas.[25][26]

Fallout: New Vegas was announced in April 2009.[27] Obsidian's development team included former Interplay/Black Isle employees Josh Sawyer as director, and Chris Avellone as a writer and director of the game's downloadable content.[14][28] The plot of New Vegas takes heavy inspiration from the original Fallout 3 that Black Isle developed, commonly known by its codename "Van Buren",[29] which Sawyer also directed prior to its cancellation.[30] The most notable example is the inclusion of Caesar's Legion, a faction originally created for Van Buren.[29][31] Obsidian included other factions from previous Fallout games and avoided writing any faction as entirely good or evil, but instead as potential rivals depending on what path the player decided to pursue.[29][31]

The game had a somewhat short development cycle of 18 months.[32] New Vegas reuses the Gamebryo engine used in Fallout 3, yet it improved on the previous installment's source code, with some graphics rendering improvements and new art assets, while reworking the engine to accommodate the extra lights and effects of the Las Vegas Strip.[31][33] Obsidian were unfamiliar with the Gamebryo engine and had to request the help of an Oblivion modder named Jorge Salgado.[34] Obsidian refined the real-time shooting mechanics and added iron-sights aiming to make playing without V.A.T.S. a more viable option than it was in Fallout 3.[30][35] One PC version of the game relies on Steamworks for online functions, such as achievements and cloud save storage, as well as digital rights management (DRM).[36] A version without DRM was made available by GoG.com on June 1, 2017.[37]

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
I noticed earlier today that Xbox Status claimed the broken achievements for Fallout 4 were fixed.

I can confirm they are. I completed the Unlikely Valentine quest, and not only did I get the achievement for it, It also retroactively unlocked other ones I'd missed.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
happy for the success. I wonder if they're thinking about initiating an Elder Scrolls TV series. Could be a thing before the release of the next installment
If Amazon didn't already have Rings of Power, I'm sure they'd be looking into it.

Doesn't stop others from being interested though, of course.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/igea/status/1782182627568439635?t=FPVJlPRZw7OiDM3ss9V09g&s=19

c3v8.jpg
n6sq.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
London
New Vegas modding is amazing now with things like custom animations for weapon mods now, previously if you wanted gun mods you'd have to put up with janky animations.

Ricitor

Oct 27, 2017
Thrilled to see New Vegas getting love too from all this.
Happy that new people are bouncing in to give it a try. I do hope the modding work doesn't scare off new players.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Been all in on F4 again, was trying to enjoy F76 some more but I really can't stand the no pause. If I'm paying you money for my own server and no one is on it let me pause your damn game.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Really been getting back into the swing of things with Fallout 4 again - I've also picked up the DLC for the first time so I've got that to look forward to.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Perfect time for some Fallout announcements in the next couple weeks.

Like how about fixing the app that's supposed to connect to the game.