• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people think Bethesda won't ever produce a multiplayer games despite the #saveplayer1 stuff.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From 4chan:
1527689298433.png

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like same assets and engine = outdated graphics and janky animations. 60$. Yaaay. That's totally what I wanted.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah that draw distance, pop in, and physics and animation jank are gorgeous.... Bethesda need to license a competent modern engine if they are incapable of building their own.
I'm 100% happy with them using the Creation Engine if it means the games stay moddable like they are now. It could take years to get back to this point with a totally new engine.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Before people get disappointed by the rest of Bethesda's E3 conference, Bethesda/ZeniMax's job postings for almost every studio suggest the publisher is going all in on games as a service, and I expect that to be the recurrent theme there.

They've already announced that RAGE 2 has games as a service elements, and this is an online game, so presumably it does too.

The only exceptions seem to be things like DLC for existing games (see Prey's moon thing) and maybe Dishonored 3. I guess Tango doesn't have explicit postings for that either, but it's not clear what they're doing in general.

Callego

Nov 22, 2017
I think this might be set 20 years after the bombs dropped, so we could see a massively different world than the ones in previous Fallout games.
Maybe that's why they used that song. A song from the 70s is a hint that it's twenty years after the bombs dropped (which is a time period aping off the 50s)

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think their gunplay is good enough for BR but would be interested never the less. A MMO lite Fallout sounds more plausible.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like a co-operative survival game in the Fallout universe. Which is a really good idea, imo.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
So this sounds like it will be shared open world type of thing. Not sure how to feel about that..

Ah well we'll see more at E3 anyway.

Michel

Mar 8, 2018
So basically... this is the lore game we needed from Overwatch huh... it makes sense now

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone remember Pete hynes said BGS had a game that was going to release before the end of last year? I dont remember anything releasing. Maybe this game quietly pushed back?

Edit

Never mind I guess he retracted his statement shortly after. Looked it up.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
By Jason's tweet, it's developed by these guys (formally known as BattleCry Studios):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios_Austin

"BattleCry Studios is seeking employees with experience in microtransactions and free-to-play games."

That's not a great sign.
I think as far as free to play game dependent on microtransactions go, Fallout Shelter is a pretty good effort. If this is some sort of evolution of that, it could be interesting.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
I don't care about the graphics of the engine, i care about the limitations, all the games play and look the same exactly because of the engine, and i cannot play the same game again and again with a different skin, thats exactly why i cannot stand most of the ubisoft games.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Eh I hope the online stuff isn't the focus and it isn't just a survival game.

Nobody else makes open world RPGs like Bethesda (not saying they're the best, just very unique).