Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
The game is starting to feel kind of empty and I'm not talking about the lack of NPCs. It's pretty disappointing to find a cool looking location and then there's no quest associated with it, or any interesting lore to find. Just a horde of enemies to kill.

This is my experience with the BETA an empty dead world

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The game is starting to feel kind of empty and I'm not talking about the lack of NPCs. It's pretty disappointing to find a cool looking location and then there's no quest associated with it, or any interesting lore to find. Just a horde of enemies to kill.
This is my main complaint with the game. It feels like a user created map where they just couldn't figure out how to implement quests so they were like just go in and run around and have fun

I never expected it to have the content that a more traditional Fallout game has, but I still expected something more substantial. It's still a fun game, and if enough people stick with it the way the world grows could be fun to see, but right now it just feels like I imported a map from another game into Fallout 4 and it's just the novelty of this place looking new with nothing else on top

maabus1999

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bleh if you crash or leave a server daily quests reset/start over. Annoying.

Edit: have to say the workshop that let's you summon air support as a bonus was cool as hell. Think I scared the armor off a group when I threw the beacon at them and it came roaring in. Anyone else find other work shops with a non crafting bonus?

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
Does mob kills not share exp between the party unless I hit it once? I don't see the exp tick when they kill something I don't interact with. Sucks since they are ranged and I'm melee.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
OK finished knocking up the discord, now it's time for bed. Just made a 24 hour link for the moment click on the gaudy (and half-a-job) icon below for access.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is my main complaint with the game. It feels like a user created map where they just couldn't figure out how to implement quests so they were like just go in and run around and have fun

I never expected it to have the content that a more traditional Fallout game has, but I still expected something more substantial. It's still a fun game, and if enough people stick with it the way the world grows could be fun to see, but right now it just feels like I imported a map from another game into Fallout 4 and it's just the novelty of this place looking new with nothing else on top
It's what I've been thinking since beta. Especially because the beta did fuck all to improve the game or add anything to it that my die-hard friend thought would happen.

It just sucks when I'm exploring, find an amazing looking are and...nothing. Junk. Always junk.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
It's what I've been thinking since beta. Especially because the beta did fuck all to improve the game or add anything to it that my die-hard friend thought would happen.

It just sucks when I'm exploring, find an amazing looking are and...nothing. Junk. Always junk.

Can we stop with the hyperbole? It's not always junk. I did a quest last night and got a unique submachine gun.

Besides, the point is to turn the junk into better weapons and armor. The junk serves a purpose. I love that scrapping trash weapons leads towards better mods for that weapon. It's a cool system that rewards collecting stuff beyond just selling it.

jesu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Bleh if you crash or leave a server daily quests reset/start over. Annoying.

Edit: have to say the workshop that let's you summon air support as a bonus was cool as hell. Think I scared the armor off a group when I threw the beacon at them and it came roaring in. Anyone else find other work shops with a non crafting bonus?

Not for me they don't.
I've just logged and my daily quests are at 1/5 and 17/50.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Can we stop with the hyperbole? It's not always junk. I did a quest last night and got a unique submachine gun.

Besides, the point is to turn the junk into better weapons and armor. The junk serves a purpose. I love that scrapping trash weapons leads towards better mods for that weapon. It's a cool system that rewards collecting stuff beyond just selling it.
I mean you definitely do get gear but it's like the gear is just in service of getting more gear, I guess. The environments are really nice and fun to explore but there's nothing to really propel you to explore them outside of the fact that there's not that much more you can do and the potential of a new piece of loot

I don't hate this game at all and will probably spend a significant amount of time with it, it's just disappointing that there is no real impetus for you to go out into the world and explore all of these locations other than the enemies are harder and the gear is better

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I'm confused... I haven't patched game since last beta times, but I didn't need download that huge patch. WTF? Was it just yet another bug with launcher that has been fixed since?

Also FYI: FPS in loading screens is uncapped, saw streamer earlier today having 800FPS in loading screens. May want cap that shit.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another 2.5 hrs flew by. I get sucked into this wasteland so hard. Did some Quests and events and some Daylies. Really enjoyed every minute again. Also folks are really helpful and friendly in this game. Everyone I encountered so far at least waved to me.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm confused... I haven't patched game since last beta times, but I didn't need download that huge patch. WTF? Was it just yet another bug with launcher that has been fixed since?

Also FYI: FPS in loading screens is uncapped, saw streamer earlier today having 800FPS in loading screens. May want cap that shit.
That giant patch story was just about the PS4 version as far as I know

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
Shroud just gave a pretty glowing recommendation saying If you like Fallout 4 and/or RPGs like it, the game is worth getting....bugs and jank notwithstanding

Edit: hah, he just said the game is an absolute gem....in 6 months when they iron bugs.

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
I like this game, just noticed you can see where people are as white dots on the map.

It's the little things.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I've been really loving Fallout 76 myself. It has a ton of potential still to come. I've enjoyed exploring Appalachia more than any other Fallout world. Having it set only 20 years after the bombs drop really adds to the experience, there's a lot of fresh stories to be told from the immediate aftermath. And yeah, there are plenty of stories in the world. No dramatic cutscenes or conversations going on of course, but I personally don't mind. I love the feeling of the desolation and solitude.

I will say the pvp feels a distant second to everything else in the game. Nearly everyone playing is all about grouping up or playing solo against the world itself, not each other. Very little pvp going on. I've been holding workshops and even tried out the pvp radio station. Not much action there. I also had a bounty out on me because I took someone else's workshop. I played through the whole day (8 hours or so) and had.. one person come after me. I eventually parked my character in Morgantown Airport while I ate lunch so someone could kill me and get rid of my bounty.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some secret to building stairs on a second level? I cannot get them to go green and when I do it won't align.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the game okay. Been playing solo cause I'm anti social and none of my irl friends bought the game except one... and he got it on the One X (I'm on the Pro).

Anyone find any neat secrets or power leveling tips?

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I like the game okay. Been playing solo cause I'm anti social and none of my irl friends bought the game except one... and he got it on the One X (I'm on the Pro).

It's not like a cool secret or cheat or anything, but throwing knives are super useful. They deal okay damage, only cost 4 steel to craft, and you can recover them most of the time after being thrown.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some secret to building stairs on a second level? I cannot get them to go green and when I do it won't align.
No secret that I know of; they're just fucking terrible to place. Good luck!

When building stairs, I've had an easier time placing them while looking down at where I want them to go. Like, build temporary stairs and a platform near where you want the actual stairs to go. ...However, one time the game didn't let me delete the temporary stairs, saying removing them would block access to parts of the structure, as if it didn't recognize the other stairs. ...Good luck!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I've been really loving Fallout 76 myself. It has a ton of potential still to come. I've enjoyed exploring Appalachia more than any other Fallout world. Having it set only 20 years after the bombs drop really adds to the experience, there's a lot of fresh stories to be told from the immediate aftermath. And yeah, there are plenty of stories in the world. No dramatic cutscenes or conversations going on of course, but I personally don't mind. I love the feeling of the desolation and solitude.

I will say the pvp feels a distant second to everything else in the game. Nearly everyone playing is all about grouping up or playing solo against the world itself, not each other. Very little pvp going on. I've been holding workshops and even tried out the pvp radio station. Not much action there. I also had a bounty out on me because I took someone else's workshop. I played through the whole day (8 hours or so) and had.. one person come after me. I eventually parked my character in Morgantown Airport while I ate lunch so someone could kill me and get rid of my bounty.

Great post. It also fills my need as a podcast game while I explore.

Events usually have you clear out waves of hordes while simultaneously protecting something. Easy xp.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
What shotguns has everyone found? I'm planning on skewing my weapon perks towards shotguns as I get into the higher levels. So far I've only found pump actions, double barrels and combat shotguns. Combat shotgun is solid but not as much opportunity to mod it out like I can the pump action or double barrel. I've only found one "unique" named weapon up to level 22 so far, which was a quest reward (a 10mm SMG).

I'm having a decent time just doing some exploring and finding different quests, but more and more the combination of eternal weight struggles and bugs is wearing on me. There are so many quest scripting bugs that involve finding or interacting with a quest-related object before you hit a certain step in that quest. I've also run into a few cases of the classic Bethesda Fallout AI alerts multiple floors of enemies to my presence and results in a ridiculous amount of enemies funneling into one point. You'll almost certainly encounter this in the Charleston capitol building (or connected DMV); be very careful if you enter from the DMV side where an Overseer holotape step is picked up because if you engage in that first room you'll get aggro from about ~20-30 super mutants within the connected building. Stay near the entrance so that if you think you can't handle the swarm you can just exit; if you don't it only takes like 8 super mutants filling up that space to prevent you from being able to reach the doors.

Some enemies feel like they are getting a little spongy around this level. When doing events solo (with those big event monsters being level 30 typically where I'm at) it has mostly been an exercise of finding whatever spot will allow you to shoot without them being able to fight back. They have rewarded some nice loot (Cryolator, Gatling Laser) but nothing I actually want to use so far. I have come across some power armor already but wound up stashing it, I don't really have much desire to use power armor and really hope it doesn't wind up being required down the line. There's too much micromanagement in this game as it is.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017

I saw a guy set up a camp across from deathclaw island and set up a bunch of turrets that would kill it everytime it spawned. He was level 33 so it must have been working out for him!

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I played this game with a friend last night for a good 4 hours, had fun. We just like to explore the world and see what new things we can find. I can't necessarily knock the complaints many have for this game because I think they are valid. They just don't bother me as much.

Though I do have to say there needs to be better rewards for finding obscure areas. I forget the exact location but we were in an overrun city that sprawled all over with half destroyed buildings you could explore in and around. We found this virtually hidden locked door high up in one of these buildings. Figured out the unlock code and for all that work there was one stimpack inside. One damn stimpack for two people. So one of us received a stimpack and the other one nothing. So work on those rewards Bethesda.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Does the game have any sort of matchmaking? I just want to pick a mission and start a lobby. It seems so hard to get other people to join me on a mission, especially as most people aren't using mics.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I played this game with a friend last night for a good 4 hours, had fun. We just like to explore the world and see what new things we can find. I can't necessarily knock the complaints many have for this game because I think they are valid. They just don't bother me as much.

Though I do have to say there needs to be better rewards for finding obscure areas. I forget the exact location but we were in an overrun city that sprawled all over with half destroyed buildings you could explore in and around. We found this virtually hidden locked door high up in one of these buildings. Figured out the unlock code and for all that work there was one stimpack inside. One damn stimpack for two people. So one of us received a stimpack and the other one nothing. So work on those rewards Bethesda.

That was basically why I cancelled my preorder after playing the beta (in addition to the poor performance on PS4). All these areas to explore and I didn't have jackshit to speak of in terms of loot from exploring for 15 hours. Just a bunch of junk and some pipe revolvers.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Leave a strategically placed lockpick to give them hope.
SUVPoF-CrQPJdHODq7ULAo8BkPlv5-qiMvEDTxTzc0w.jpg

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

It's not hyperbole when it is the norm? Yes there are other items in the world to collect but when your loot table is skewed to having so many junk items you're going to get a higher average of that item appearing. I know that it's done due to the game having such crafting mechanics in place that you are pushing players to hoard materials to further create the loot they actually want but it's a detractor in itself.

I've found some neat weapons and it's nice when I do find them. But they are so far and between that it further makes the world empty. This is a survival online RPG after all, so decent loot tables should be there to encourage exploration. Otherwise going exploring becomes just simply expecting nothing for your time bar an interesting shell.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I have enjoyed my time with the game because it is basically Fallout but eith other people.

I do agree it has some issues but I think those are the kinds of issues that always show up in games like these and it just needs to grow with the community. Rewards and other stuff will hopefully get better if the community contributes.

I do like the card system l. I think it works very well as it is basically the same exact SPECIAL perk tree but that you can swap out.

Status
Not open for further replies.