Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Yea, or if u want to sell it in a large quantity.

Not as big in fallout 76 cause you only get a certain circumphrence to work with.

Can only have one "camp" and its moveable at anytime for the cost of like 8 caps.

Is there anyway to keep your CAMP build saved?
It sucks that I have to rebuild it each time and use up the resources to build it again each time I move my CAMP or start a new load game.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
It sucks that I have to rebuild it each time and use up the resources to build it again each time I move my CAMP or start a new load game.
?Anything you build gets stored, there's no reason you should be using resources again.

For anyone confused about how to unlock weapon mods:

Last edited:

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
I was expecting a few reviews to trickle out by now, especially since there were numerous "betas" with progress that carried over. I feel like you can get a good idea of the general gameplay loop pretty fast.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It saves everything in "store" it just might not be saved as one fully built unit. Its annoying, but you dont use extra resources to rebuild. It saves all the stuff you already built

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
What is everyone doing as far as weapon types? I'm doing pistols but I'm wondering if I should switch to rifles.

Concentrated Fire is bad ass by the way. I highly recommend it.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they dont't "fix" the game like they did with ESO by making everything around you scale to your exact level.

One of the best aspects of this game is the risk/reward and tension of encountering high level mobs.

When they introduced strict level scaling to ESO it completely ruined the game for me and I just couldn't enjoy the game in the least.

I have to disagree with this, trying to clear out an area of lower level enemies and suddenly running into some that are more than ten levels higher than me when I don't really have any decent weapons is making the game really unenjoyable for me.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The game could certainly do something about enemy level balancing, but I'm not sure what the best approach to that would be. At about Level 11 last night, I made my way to the starting point of the final Fire Breathers test, I got my ass handed to me by a couple of Scorched I randomly bumped into that were were leveled in their mid-twenties and didn't realize what I was up against until I noticed my weapons were doing shit for damage. Then when I respawned and finally made my way to the test site, most of the Scorched I encountered were roughly half my level, but a few I met toward the end were about Level 16 at most.

It was doable, and I actually did die once (mostly because I panicked in the moment after running out of ammo and taking to long to fumble for another weapon, but as it stands, it's kind of hard for me to predict what level of enemy I'll run into at any given time. That may be just because I don't quite understand how enemies are leveled in general per zone, though.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So are item locations the same for everyone, or are they randomized? Like if i wanted to find some good weapons or equipment early on, is there set locations for some stuff?

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
So are item locations the same for everyone, or are they randomized? Like if i wanted to find some good weapons or equipment early on, is there set locations for some stuff?

If it is sitting out in the world, then it will always be there provided no one has picked it up first. Anything in a container/body is randomized. However I would love to know how the specific mechanics work, since I strongly suspect the game will never refresh a location for you personally unless you visit X number of other areas and some time has gone by.

Here are some static spawn examples for good things off the top of my head...
  • Black Powder weapons at the Phillipa Cemetery Museum on the eastern edge of the Toxic Valley.
  • 10mm submachine gun in the secret basement of Mama Dulches in Morgantown
  • Missile Launcher/Grenade Launcher in the prison chapel southeast of Grafton
  • Sniper rifles lying around at multiple hunting lodges
  • Nearly any power armor station you find has a chance of having armor in it, and raider camps can often have raider power armor
  • Minigun at Poseidon Power Plant
  • Chainsaw at the Bed n Breakfast south of Whitesprings
  • The Gallahan Estate has what looks like a unique minigun (its got orange stripes, so I dknow) behind a locked level 3 terminal.

Last edited:

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, a T-45 right arm is really hard to find.

I was missing a left leg forever until whatever blockage in my brain cleared out and I realized I could have any type of power armor in that slot. It didn't need to be T-45...

After that realization I found a full set of T-51 and it no longer mattered. I also starting leveling so fast that by now I can just use the level 40/50 sets you get for free as quest rewards.

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
Any way to increase camp budget? It's ridiculously low. 3 tier 1 turrets take like 25% alone.

I read on reddit that leveling up increases the budget, can anyone confirm?

Oct 31, 2017
This is awesome. https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9x5htw/im_a_longtime_fallout_4_modder_and_ive_just/
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/32

tj1GwKP.gif

MistaPropella

Oct 26, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I was missing a left leg forever until whatever blockage in my brain cleared out and I realized I could have any type of power armor in that slot. It didn't need to be T-45...

After that realization I found a full set of T-51 and it no longer mattered. I also starting leveling so fast that by now I can just use the level 40/50 sets you get for free as quest rewards.
Found one! So, where do I get the plans for the Power Armor Repair Station?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If it is sitting out in the world, then it will always be there provided no one has picked it up first. Anything in a container/body is randomized. However I would love to know how the specific mechanics work, since I strongly suspect the game will never refresh a location for you personally unless you visit X number of other areas and some time has gone by.

Here are some static spawn examples for good things off the top of my head...
  • Black Powder weapons at the Phillipa Cemetery Museum on the eastern edge of the Toxic Valley.
  • 10mm submachine gun in the secret basement of Mama Dulches in Morgantown
  • Missile Launcher/Grenade Launcher in the prison chapel southeast of Grafton
  • Sniper rifles lying around at multiple hunting lodges
  • Nearly any power armor station you find has a chance of having armor in it, and raider camps can often have raider power armor
  • Minigun at Poseidon Power Plant
  • Chainsaw at the Bed n Breakfast south of Whitesprings
  • The Gallahan Estate has what looks like a unique minigun (its got orange stripes, so I dknow) behind a locked level 3 terminal.
Thanks for putting this together. Ill have to return back to this once I get some time to play more!

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017

Over here on PS4, I hope Bethesda adds this as an option officially.

Also just a warning, you can exploit the power armor chassis to store power armor parts even if you can't equip them by letting a minute pass and it going directly to your inventory. DON'T DO THIS! My chassis ate those parts, and then it started eating parts even if I could equip them. It's not a big deal for me because I don't really use power armor but for those of you that do, don't try this.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Standing right where a treasure map it's marked X but I'm not getting the option to dig up. Frustrating

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Alright, I'm level 8 now so I feel like I have enough time in to give some impressions...

Everything said about this game is so true. It's a blatant cash grab that looks terrible, barely runs, it's riddled with so many bugs you'd need to swap out the developers with exterminators and the survival mechanics are annoying and trite. All of that being said... I still oddly love this. Maybe it's the exploration that Fallout has always done so well, maybe it's the refreshing lack of lengthy exposition filled conversations with NPCs, maybe it's the online component which is somewhat refreshing or maybe it's something as basic as the constant endorphin drip of leveling up and acquiring new perks but I was up until 6 am playing last night and I'm right back at it today after finishing up work.

It might be a terrible game by most objective measures but it still has its hooks in me deep.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Any idea what time the patch scheduled for tomorrow should become available?

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Guys, this may be a stupid question but how do I build a door

The frustrating part for me was finding the door frame wall model. Just select a basic wood wall and cycle through the different ones (left right not up and down). One of those will be a door frame, then you can select door category and place it.

So you can't make doors in just any wall?

Nope. You can pick any wall model, like wood wall, but you have to cycle left and right through it's forms (window, door frame, basic wall, etc).

And it has to be a full wall, not a partial.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a fucking minute, how come your character knows that caps are currency despite being one of the first people coming out of the vault?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Standing right where a treasure map it's marked X but I'm not getting the option to dig up. Frustrating

The amount of quests that don't work is ridiculous. Public events seem to constantly bug out too, stuff not being where it's supposed to, or nothing to activate to proceed. Stuff spawning in the ground or where you can't reach.

Oct 31, 2017
Careful if you're a mindless E spammer like I am. During the Feed the People event when depositing food, the machine ate my right leg off my excavator armor. -_-

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Got the tinker bench plans and holy shit

Making bulk items and smelting are so useful

Puts them in larger stacks that can be sold for caps, still can be used for crafting and sits at an overall lower weight in inventory

Definitely worth doing but requires 2 plastic per bundle so be mindful of you plastic

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Puts them in larger stacks that can be sold for caps, still can be used for crafting and sits at an overall lower weight in inventory

Definitely worth doing but requires 2 plastic per bundle so be mindful of you plastic
The Tinkering bench is a life-saver. A one-stop shop for crafting bulk items and ammo!

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Last night I was playing pretty late and I was the only one in my server. I managed to control one workshop that was giving me 33 aluminium and concrete an hour, or something like that. I ended up with 80 aluminium, lol. Finally I won't have to worry too much about maintaining my hunting rifle.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
What is everyone doing as far as weapon types? I'm doing pistols but I'm wondering if I should switch to rifles.

Concentrated Fire is bad ass by the way. I highly recommend it.
Buddy from here gave me some black powder pistol that I haven't used but hear it's great.

Been basically hunting rifle and my fire axe for the more annoying critters.

I somehow have a level 25 Gatling Laser, currently level 14. Do I keep it, sell it or scrap it?

Oct 31, 2017

Let me know if you find a good plastic farming spot. That became a problem for me quickly.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Found a dead Deathclaw along the road in the Mire that was labeled as a Traveling Merchant. Well I wouldn't want whatever he was selling.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
How does the game run on PC? I'm using a GTX 1080 + 8600k @ 4.8GHz, is 100+fps possible at 1080p? I know their games usually run badly so thought I'd ask, my friend keeps bugging me to get it but I don't like bad performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.