jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
I wasn't sure what the expectations were about being in a group (sticking together, being on mic, etc) turns out it's really nothing to worry about. Especially with casual groups. You just join and do whatever you were doing anyway for the most part.

I basically join to afk at meat drum these days πŸ˜‚

btw cola nuts guys I want to ask something, where do you find stable source for nuka grape and orange? i just realized grocer mod make more sense than chemist πŸ˜‚ also I think the nuka cola scarcity will make the game more fun vs. using stimpak and radaway that available everywhere

also I want to ask about PA, if I wear PA does the modifier (unyielding etc) of original armor is overrided completely by PA? also does PA like excavator / ultracite / t65 offer more damage reduction vs. full set of secret service + undergarment? Im still torn abt using PA

btw after skyline valley update when we will expect the next update will come? felt the game running out of content (havent finish any of story quest tho but thats for another day)

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

btw cola nuts guys I want to ask something, where do you find stable source for nuka grape and orange? i just realized grocer mod make more sense than chemist πŸ˜‚ also I think the nuka cola scarcity will make the game more fun vs. using stimpak and radaway that available everywhere

also I want to ask about PA, if I wear PA does the modifier (unyielding etc) of original armor is overrided completely by PA? also does PA like excavator / ultracite / t65 offer more damage reduction vs. full set of secret service + undergarment? Im still torn abt using PA

btw after skyline valley update when we will expect the next update will come? felt the game running out of content (havent finish any of story quest tho but thats for another day)

neither of those Nukas are something you can call common so it's kind of luck getting those flavors.

As for big updates, really FO76 tends to get usually one big like update a year, sometimes there is smaller ones spread out in a year, but don't expect stuff like Skyline every season.

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
neither of those Nukas are something you can call common so it's kind of luck getting those flavors.

just found out the booth vendors on nuka world restock every server hop, im so ready to be a cola nut then πŸ˜‚

As for big updates, really FO76 tends to get usually one big like update a year, sometimes there is smaller ones spread out in a year, but don't expect stuff like Skyline every season.

I really hope they will do something to atlantic city areas in the future tho, those are very well designed area without any purpose other than expeditions, such a shame its a very cool city

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
To answer your armor question, PA completely removes your normal armor and backpack. No benefits from either while in PA. If you were to get Secret Service armor modded and kitted out you'd be good with Damage resistance - but the reason you'll never be as tanky as PA is because PA has built in damage reduction (which works differently than resistance). 42% on all models, and an extra 12% ballistic reduction on Hellcat.
The resistance on Secret Service may very well be enough depending on your build. But as things are, body armor will never be as tanky as power armor.

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't sure what the expectations were about being in a group (sticking together, being on mic, etc) turns out it's really nothing to worry about. Especially with casual groups. You just join and do whatever you were doing anyway for the most part.
The only ones you should think about not joining are Expeditions and Daily Ops ones, there's an expectation that you'll participate in expedition or a daily ops run. Other than that it's fair game although casual gives the most useful buffs in general

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Having a Power Armor Frame in your inventory is only 10 Lbs. Use it exactly like you would a weapon and pop it out in certain situations where that damage reduction effect BEFORE the DR ratio is calculated, is needed. Something like daily OPs, can have crazy modifiers that absolutely chew through you. Expeditions spawn aton of enemies that are focused just on you, unlike a public event etc. Or at an event with radiation. Otherwise, regular armor can serve you just as well doing 90% of open world content unless your killing stuff very slowly and getting beaten on. As you get stronger, you will find repairing armor to be a very rare occurrence because you just get hit way less.

Oct 29, 2017

You can hit the vendors in Nuka World and Whitespring. But if you are playing a lot the Collectron is probably best. Buy it in Foundation from the gold bar guy.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
But during events usually people will stimpack you back alive

Sometimes, but also often in boss fights or any time enemies can do big damage, it causes instant death and you can't be revived. Event stuff typically isn't that hard of hitting and you can stim someone back in.

Bloodied play means you die alot, your a glass canon or you need to invest heavy in perks to help keep you in the fight and healing.

CountCorvinus

Mar 10, 2023
Looks like the show's popularity brought all the assholes on Xbox over to 76.

Got killed four times today.

Bethesda really needs to patch this stupid exploit.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
That tracks. I rolled it on my Cremator, and got to 65% boosted. Stuff dies real real fast, but if anything gets within smacking distance I'm pretty toast.
If you do bloodied power armor you really don't die contrary to popular belief. It's a jack of all trades build with maximum defense and attack. Sure you have low health and things happen but I haven't died in a month. That stupid alien event when the machine goes off got me once. Full over eaters set. Electric absorption, emergency protocols, blockers, fire proof, funky duds, ricochet, etc will keep you alive every time because even at low health you are near invincible.

As for bosses the Queen doesn't hurt me but Earl can. I just pop a stimpak when needed but he hasn't killed me in ages.

One of the reasons I was never into a bloodied commando build was how often I died but bloodied power armor you really don't have that problem.

Oct 25, 2017
If you do bloodied power armor you really don't die contrary to popular belief. It's a jack of all trades build with maximum defense and attack. Sure you have low health and things happen but I haven't died in a month. That stupid alien event when the machine goes off got me once. Full over eaters set. Electric absorption, emergency protocols, blockers, fire proof, funky duds, ricochet, etc will keep you alive every time because even at low health you are near invincible.

As for bosses the Queen doesn't hurt me but Earl can. I just pop a stimpak when needed but he hasn't killed me in ages.

One of the reasons I was never into a bloodied commando build was how often I died but bloodied power armor you really don't have that problem.
I was looking it at for non-power armor reasons. Mostly just because I get tired of clomping around like a chonky Iron Man all the time.

I don't have the full load out for Commando in place yet, so I might feel more comfortable with it when I do. But even with heavy weapons and no PA I was getting more used to it. Helps that I ran the same Expedition 10 times yesterday to get the stamps to unlock the Civil Engineer jetpack.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I was looking it at for non-power armor reasons. Mostly just because I get tired of clomping around like a chonky Iron Man all the time.

I don't have the full load out for Commando in place yet, so I might feel more comfortable with it when I do. But even with heavy weapons and no PA I was getting more used to it. Helps that I ran the same Expedition 10 times yesterday to get the stamps to unlock the Civil Engineer jetpack.

Might not want to do bloodied if your gonna go non PA. You can try to pump up your defenses as much as you can but still gonna be fragile. PA gives you a little bit more survivability.

Oct 25, 2017

Might not want to do bloodied if your gonna go non PA. You can try to pump up your defenses as much as you can but still gonna be fragile. PA gives you a little bit more survivability.

PA is definitely a lot sturdier bloodied. I only died once yesterday and that was getting mobbed by Wendigo spawn during the Earle fight.

I'll figure out something else for a non-PA build.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, you can request to buy some stuff that's not actively in the atom store through Bethesda support. It took 11 days but it finally went through.

Got the Responder power armor skin. I've decided my character has heard the term "fire fighter" and the phrase "fight fire with fire" and doesn't totally understand either, but he's got a cremator and plenty of fuel.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
When you tried bloodied power armor did you use emergency protocols mod? Because that is a huge damage reduction.

Not that it matters I know you said you don't want power armor
Not yet. I'm still pretty new to the game, and am using legendary modules and cores as fast as I can get them to get things kitted out right.

It's coming along, just will take time.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Not yet. I'm still pretty new to the game, and am using legendary modules and cores as fast as I can get them to get things kitted out right.

It's coming along, just will take time.
Makes sense. Depending on what powerarmor you use on where you can buy the emergency protocol plan. I believe the mall sells all the standard power armor plans. Ultracite will be near impossible to get.

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Depending on what powerarmor you use on where you can buy the emergency protocol plan. I believe the mall sells all the standard power armor plans. Ultracite will be near impossible to get.
Oh it's a mod, not a random effect roll. That's easier then.

I don't totally understand what all Ultracite is. I have the power armor set, I've got some as junk and I know there are mods where it can be used for special ammo, but figuring out how/why to unlock that hasn't really clicked yet.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Oh it's a mod, not a random effect roll. That's easier then.

I don't totally understand what all Ultracite is. I have the power armor set, I've got some as junk and I know there are mods where it can be used for special ammo, but figuring out how/why to unlock that hasn't really clicked yet.
Near every weapon has a prime mod that can be attached to a weapon that changes the ammo to ultracite ammo and it does more damage. These mod plans drop from the Queen, or player vendors can sell them.

I was more referring to the ultracite power armor set which also drops from the queen. The problem is, two of the best mods for ultracite armor, emergency protocols and calibrated shocks, are so rare you could play for years and never find them. Literally me. I have never found calibrated shocks.

Edit: Oh and ultracite ore is used in a variety of armors, weapons, and some other things like mutation serums.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing this about Ultracite PA mods, I'm almost positive I've sold the shock plans for fuckin cheapo lol. Ah well, I don't really need caps, I've had decent luck rolling my own weapons, and I can't trade for ideal Hellcat parts anyway.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Knowing this about Ultracite PA mods, I'm almost positive I've sold the shock plans for fuckin cheapo lol. Ah well, I don't really need caps, I've had decent luck rolling my own weapons, and I can't trade for ideal Hellcat parts anyway.
Maybe, but there are a lot of plans and they all sound kind of the sameish. You could have just sold something worthless like Kinetic Servors or whatever. Either way, we've all sold something valuable or lost it, at some point or another. Going to happen eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
I was more referring to the ultracite power armor set which also drops from the queen. The problem is, two of the best mods for ultracite armor, emergency protocols and calibrated shocks, are so rare you could play for years and never find them. Literally me. I have never found calibrated shocks.
That's rough, especially because trying again takes launching a nuke there or hoping someone else does.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
i get they want you to trade for the plans you don't have, but there really should be some kind of pity system that guarantees a plan you don't have for these seasonal events. it makes playing the events a lot less fun when you just keep getting the same shit over and over.

Oct 25, 2017
Cranberry Bog's been bombed three times in an hour in this server I'm in. People really want those Ultracite Shocks.

Also went to the Pitt for the first time. I'll try out the other one but I think I'll stick with Tax Evasion for Stamp grinding. Much easier.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this for the last few weeks, got to level 43 and I've been feeling it's a complete slog in combat now.

I dabbled in one or two perks at the beginning, but decided pretty quickly decided that I was going to be using mainly rifles, with a little bit of luck and intelligence sprinkled in for the utility (lock picking, etc).

So even though I've maxed out almost every rifle perk, I still feel like it's taking too long to put down enemies now. This is especially true when I do the main quest lines and the game throws stronger enemies at me. It's got to the point where I keep running out of ammo/sneak past them.

Is there anything I'm overlooking? I've heard the scaling really kicks in around this level range, but this is just not fun.

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
I've been playing this for the last few weeks, got to level 43 and I've been feeling it's a complete slog in combat now.

I dabbled in one or two perks at the beginning, but decided pretty quickly decided that I was going to be using mainly rifles, with a little bit of luck and intelligence sprinkled in for the utility (lock picking, etc).

So even though I've maxed out almost every rifle perk, I still feel like it's taking too long to put down enemies now. This is especially true when I do the main quest lines and the game throws stronger enemies at me. It's got to the point where I keep running out of ammo/sneak past them.

Is there anything I'm overlooking? I've heard the scaling really kicks in around this level range, but this is just not fun.

What rifles are using? Are they using automatic receivers? Are you using legendary prefixes like Anti-Armor/Bloodied?

Bethesda really shat on semi-auto builds post-Wastelanders, so the only viable option for anyone is to use automatic rifles.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
Mainly combat rifles, but does the distinction count if I've modded it from a standard one?

I've recently maxed out the gunsmith and armourer perks too, so have been looking for all the relevant plans. Spent a while jumping around the main vendors yesterday but didn't really find much in the way of automatic rifles.

Oct 27, 2017
Are your guns at an appropriate level? You'd be surprised at how many people are using a level 5 gun at level 40. Same with armor

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's a fair question. I'd been using a good rifle that someone had gifted me early on, but scrapped it around level 20 and started investing into crafting my gear.

I updated my whole loadout yesterday too, which compelled me to make the original post above; it feels like diminishing returns with my damage output.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Rifles aren't very viable if they aren't automatic sadly. There are a couple of exceptions like a plasma rifle with a flamer barell.

Oct 25, 2017
Moon Parade i haven't used them much myself, so your mileage may vary, but people talk about the Railroad Gun and the Handmade rifle.

You can buy the Railroad plan, and the automatic receiver mod plan at Watoga Station, just south of the city. And Grahm can sell the Handmade.

I used the railroad gun for an event or two yesterday, it has more recoil than any gun I've ever used in any game, I think you're mostly supposed to use it with VATS.

Oct 25, 2017
Full Civil Engineer outfit got me looking like a caked up Minion.

b8BdwNx.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the engineer armor, I've got a full set with decent rolls but I'm having a hard time giving up my secret service armor. That weapon repair perk is nice though, I could drop Luck of the Draw

What I really want is that new level 60 power armor, the one in the box art of the Atlantic City update, haven't heard anything at all about it though

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the engineer armor, I've got a full set with decent rolls but I'm having a hard time giving up my secret service armor. That weapon repair perk is nice though, I could drop Luck of the Draw

What I really want is that new level 60 power armor, the one in the box art of the Atlantic City update, haven't heard anything at all about it though

I thought the AC box art PA was just a skin? Unless there's something else that's similar, I think I can just go buy the AC bundle off steam right now and skin any PA with that look.

Oct 25, 2017

I like it too, I'm not dure if you can still buy it through steam or if it would an atom shop thing now.

fallout.fandom.com

Civic Duty power armor

Civic Duty power armor is a paint scheme in Fallout 76. A unique model of power armor, with a small, modern tactical helmet, high visibility visor, and smoothed edges, resembling police gear. The Civic Duty power armor has been pressed into service in Atlantic City, with Buttercup, the head of...