• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
It's worth doing Events for the rewards. And other players usually show up.

The map shows where the other players are.

Anywho, finally made ultracite armor. Feels good. Wish I had more mods though
What platform are you on? I could make you some calibrated shocks for your legs. Apparently I learned it sometime way in the past lol, it's one of the rarest plans in the game

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's worth doing Events for the rewards. And other players usually show up.

The map shows where the other players are.

Anywho, finally made ultracite armor. Feels good. Wish I had more mods though
Ultracite is pretty good, the only problem is that the best mods are stupid impossible to find. In particular calibrated shocks. It is a rare drop from the Queen. I am level 1200 and STILL have not gotten it to drop or even find it in a player vendor. Emergency Protocols is just as rare.

But in terms of defense it does really great overall until you can upgrade.
PC. Weird I wonder why it's so rare. I really want a jet pack. I can make one but I don't have the bits yet which they just be real hard to find

Yeah you need flux. If you can't find it from player vendors, you can create your own using monster parts and picked flowers from NUKE ZONES.

But you also get random flux every time you finish a Boss battle so always join those events for the flux dropped.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, it's great to see. I know we've got the map expansion coming in June but you have to wonder if they'll throw even more support behind the game after the sudden influx of new people.

Curious to see what the future holds for 76. I've been loving my time coming back to it, that's for sure.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Yeah, it's great to see. I know we've got the map expansion coming in June but you have to wonder if they'll throw even more support behind the game after the sudden influx of new people.

Curious to see what the future holds for 76. I've been loving my time coming back to it, that's for sure.

tbh I fear that after the map addition it will be 3 years dry spell again like what they did after last major wastelander update in 2021. Hope not

Antoo

May 1, 2019
is it a playstation issue that this game crashes all the damn time? i gave up grinding expeditions today after i got hit with 2 crashes in a row. it completely screwed me over as.the mission is the one that has a time limit for the best rewards. in general, i feel like i can expect at least 2-3 crashes every time i sit down to play this game.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Booted this up after a very long time, keep in mind I'm extremely early into the game.

Anyways explored for a bit. Bumped into another players (public team leader?) base and they were very friendly. Shoutout to milkrope whoever you are!

Gave me a shit load of items, crafted me some swagger and a silenced pistol. Very nice person 👌

He/she was like rank 600 compared to my rank 3 lol

Last edited:

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Has the influx of players messed with the servers? I played a bit of a quest last night and my character was getting stuck in scope, and getting chased by radscorpions had them teleporting all over the place both above ground and back to their underground state instantly. It wasn't a great experience.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
this game crashed TWICE during seismic activity after my first nuke launch. thankfully, i was able to make it back to the server both times, but if i didn't i was prepared to throw hands. BETHESDA WHY ARE YOUR GAMES LIKE THIS!?

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
so uhh... im nearly level 200 but never done the main quest, I think the last one is to learn about some doctor research in a medical big building, thing is I am too afraid to go there alone facing the scorched / feral ghouls inside, I dunno why 2 years ago I played fallout 3 just fine traversing even the scary dunwich building. So, how could I ask other player in-game to travel there with me? it seems there's no incentive to go there except for main quest.. I never saw new players go there also and I don't have other friends that play this game. Ugh dillema

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
so uhh... im nearly level 200 but never done the main quest, I think the last one is to learn about some doctor research in a medical big building, thing is I am too afraid to go there alone facing the scorched / feral ghouls inside, I dunno why 2 years ago I played fallout 3 just fine traversing even the scary dunwich building. So, how could I ask other player in-game to travel there with me? it seems there's no incentive to go there except for main quest.. I never saw new players go there also and I don't have other friends that play this game. Ugh dillema
Take a holy fire and some power armor and you'll be god amongst ghouls. This game is very soloable.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Take a holy fire and some power armor and you'll be god amongst ghouls. This game is very soloable.

It's more about jumpscare and being alone tbh that made me avoid that building :') but ill try holy fire, waiting beast of burden to be populated again lmao

I see the cookie jar is the shop. Is it worth the 500 atoms?

aww it was discounted yesterday for 250 atom, but u could get it cheaper by purchasing the modern kitchen bundle that will come tommorrow.

I found the jar too slow to produce the cookies, it looked cute tho as decoration, but I liked the mirelurk steamer more. U will get better mileage of it if you have herbivore / carnivore mutation as the cookies will fill the hunger no matter what the mutation is.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's more about jumpscare and being alone tbh that made me avoid that building :') but ill try holy fire, waiting beast of burden to be populated again lmao

aww it was discounted yesterday for 250 atom, but u could get it cheaper by purchasing the modern kitchen bundle that will come tommorrow.

I found the jar too slow to produce the cookies, it looked cute tho as decoration, but I liked the mirelurk steamer more. U will get better mileage of it if you have herbivore / carnivore mutation as the cookies will fill the hunger no matter what the mutation is.
yeah that event requires people. Just not enough time to solo it.

Omanisat

Sep 25, 2018
North Bay, Canada
What platform?

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
Thanks guys. I have the Mirelurk steamer and that has been excellent so far. I'll keep a look out for the modern kitchen bundle tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Has the influx of players messed with the servers? I played a bit of a quest last night and my character was getting stuck in scope, and getting chased by radscorpions had them teleporting all over the place both above ground and back to their underground state instantly. It wasn't a great experience.

Not sure, but it has definitely messed up world events. Due to lack of numbers. I'm working back on my main story quests lol.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, so I recently purchased Fallout 76 while it was on sale even though I had already claimed it through PS Plus as I was under the impression that it could be played without a subscription. But looking it up, it seems the game has to always be online. Seeing that Fallout 76 can't be played without PS Plus anyways that makes my purchase pointless, right? Would I be able to make a refund?

zou

Oct 29, 2017
I'm having a weird problem with dialog in this game. Whenever I start interacting with a character, the game seems to apply some weird HDR effect towards the bottom:
3eZNQ59.jpeg

0gKDocT.jpeg
Depending on the position, it's pretty much impossible to read.

I already checked compatibility, but Auto HDR is not supported. Game outside of the dialog is fine. Playing on Xbox Series X.

Appreciate any help, this is really annoying.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Was pretty close to biting the bullet on a month of 1st but the 50% off deal is gone from Steam, guess that settles that then.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Couple questions:

1) Are the 2 scout leader dailies and the Biv E Ridge daily the only quests that ever show up on the personal terminal? Seems like a wasted opportunity if so.

2) I was eyeballing the Blood Eagle bundle on the shop today, but I don't see where it gives you a per-item breakdown, so... is the Blood Eagle Power Armor skin able to be applied to any type of Power Armor? Is there a place where it says that, or am I just overlooking it?

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Couple questions:

1) Are the 2 scout leader dailies and the Biv E Ridge daily the only quests that ever show up on the personal terminal? Seems like a wasted opportunity if so.

2) I was eyeballing the Blood Eagle bundle on the shop today, but I don't see where it gives you a per-item breakdown, so... is the Blood Eagle Power Armor skin able to be applied to any type of Power Armor? Is there a place where it says that, or am I just overlooking it?

for number 2, if it said paint it could be applied to all PA, if it said skin it only for that specific PA type only. I think all PA cosmetics in atom store are paint tho.

for number 1 as I never did any of the quests I dunno 😂

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
for number 2, if it said paint it could be applied to all PA, if it said skin it only for that specific PA type only. I think all PA cosmetics in atom store are paint tho.

That's why I'm confused. The list of items you get says "paint", but the picture is not just a reshading, it's definitely a different look completely. Then again, that pic has the armor in front of a CAMP item you don't even get in the damn bundle, so I don't know what to believe.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Power Armor paints that change the entire look of the armor are typically for any power armor. The skins are the recolors of specific armor types.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
That's why I'm confused. The list of items you get says "paint", but the picture is not just a reshading, it's definitely a different look completely. Then again, that pic has the armor in front of a CAMP item you don't even get in the damn bundle, so I don't know what to believe.

I always go to youtube for the bundles or atom shop stuff, you got people who will go over it.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Ammo converter UI is terrible though. Sometimes to the point where I feel like doing a Daily OP for ammo instead.
The Ammo Converter was there in order to give players the chance to do something with excess ammo but eventually we got the Ammo Storage Box so we can horde as much ammo as we want now.

They STILL haven't overhauled that damn thing?
Ugh.
And they aren't going to either because if you have an excess of Ammo there's the Fallout 1st subscription waiting for you with access to the Ammo Storage Box

The ArmCo ammunition construction appliance is another outdated utility it was meant to give us a little hand by passively providing us with a bit of ammo but this devices pre dates contextual ammo drops so once we got that this device lost a lot of its luster.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Ammo converter UI is terrible though. Sometimes to the point where I feel like doing a Daily OP for ammo instead.

Yea its ugly but again, it works. The personal terminal literally doesn't actually work majority of the time. 90% of the dailies break or don't register with it correctly and it's not been updated in forever so it's highly outdated on top of that.

The Ammo Converter was there in order to give players the chance to do something with excess ammo but eventually we got the Ammo Storage Box so we can horde as much ammo as we want now.

I ain't paying for 1st, so ammo converter still is quite useful.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
How would you guys rank your top 5 camp items that serve a 'purpose'. Things that actually give back.

Candy machine?? Cola machine, popcorn maker, coffee maker? Milk?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The company tea maker provides tea which has fantastic AP regen. With Herbivore mutation you get 20% AP regen for an hour. You can sprint and fly around endlessly. So great for exploring. I don't think anything beats that stat increase in the game. Plus, 20% disease resist because why not?

Not sure if available in the atom shop but if it is, I would snag it.