Mar 11, 2020
So i been playing a lot between other games. Having a ton of fun as i haven't played since launch, but now i'm running into daily cap limits and limits to get rid of legendary gear for scrips and it's really depressing this shit hasn't been addressed still.

I leveled a new character up to 65 now and now that i am hitting this it's killing my interest to keep playing because why play a game that fucks for over for not playing the way THEY want me to play. I want a goddamn jetpack already and want to farm for it. It's bad enough there still is a stash limit. At least let me hoard gear i want to keep even if i'm not currently using it

God these types of games need to get rid of dailies and limits like this, sorry i can't just play 3 hours each day and i have like 1 day i want to be playing this.

Starting to regret going back to this over modded new vegas now...

Oct 27, 2017
So i been playing a lot between other games. Having a ton of fun as i haven't played since launch, but now i'm running into daily cap limits and limits to get rid of legendary gear for scrips and it's really depressing this shit hasn't been addressed still.

I leveled a new character up to 65 now and now that i am hitting this it's killing my interest to keep playing because why play a game that fucks for over for not playing the way THEY want me to play. I want a goddamn jetpack already and want to farm for it. It's bad enough there still is a stash limit. At least let me hoard gear i want to keep even if i'm not currently using it

God these types of games need to get rid of dailies and limits like this, sorry i can't just play 3 hours each day and i have like 1 day i want to be playing this.

Starting to regret going back to this over modded new vegas now...
They've increased the limits immensely since launch, caps limit was 250/day ( I think) amongst all the robot vendors, stash was 300 if I remember. And there wasn't even legendary scrap machines. I don't remember what the max cap limit for players was but it certainly wasn't 40k like it is now. I mean, if you're playing for the first time since launch you should be seeing a massive improvement in that stuff. You just can't keep everything you pick up

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
They've increased the limits immensely since launch, caps limit was 250/day ( I think) amongst all the robot vendors, stash was 300 if I remember. And there wasn't even legendary scrap machines. I don't remember what the max cap limit for players was but it certainly wasn't 40k like it is now. I mean, if you're playing for the first time since launch you should be seeing a massive improvement in that stuff. You just can't keep everything you pick up

Also the max cap you get as well is annoying. Money one isn't really that annoying as I just go around buying ammo 1:1 but still.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020
Well i play for 4 hours, and i hit it, and it deters me to keep playing cause i can't make use of gear dropping and it fucking sucks. I want to farm for caps to buy plans to build shit man.

It's an antithesis to Bethesda games.

Yeah i posted on Reddit about it too and just got bombarded by longtime people saying oh it needs to be that way for people to play daily which is fucking bullshit honestly. Not everyone plays games that way and hell even games like Star Rail have adapted to weeklies only and not just limiting you daily.

Yeah it was a mistake to come back to this after the show. I didn't realize it was still bad like this cause this goes against how i and many people play these types of games.

It sucks i was having fun too.

I shoulda went back to Starfield with that update.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
I hate that due to the nature of the game there's no manual saves. And the way quests checkpoint me that when things go awry, which they definitely do due to this being Bethesda's engine, you can loose progress. I went through an entire quest in an area, accidentally entered a power armor which seems to have some bug related to entering them as it has happened to me multiple times now, and was forced to close the game.

Oct 29, 2017
There isn't really a need for the scrip cap with cores bottlenecking the most common use. You get Moonshine Jamboree and Eviction Notice back to back and there it goes.

The gold press also has a pointless cap. If someone is pulling 40+ notes per day who cares.

Mar 11, 2020
I don't know what to tell you then. You initially said you had one day (a week?) to play this. The game, at this point, is not lacking for content. Infinitely so if you're playing 4 hours 1 day a week.
Totally missing my point dude.

The point is, if i want to play for 8 hours in one day, i should be able to without being penalized. Instead the game is designed in a way that you want to hoard all the shit once you hit limits, then just stop playing and log in once each day and sell it all until you hit limit and repeat. Why play a game that after you hit the limit it doesn't want you to play?

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Dude that's the prob, is i am hitting daily limits on scrip and caps

And i like how a solution to playing a game is to just go play a different game...
I just don't see why hitting 500 script a day isn't enough. That is a lot of script. That is a lot of weapons and armor to script per day.

Also I am not sure what you mean by cap limits. Yes there is only 1400 limits from NPCs but you can make as many caps per day as you want from your player vending machine. Sell stuff. Sell your extra legendaries. Sell junk. Sell plans you don't use.

The person told you to play another game because twice you said you would rather play two different games. So yeah maybe go play those games this game might not be for you is all.

Been playing this game for years and the daily limits are fine for me. If I play for 8 hours and stop getting rewarded from the game I just move on to the next game or wait until tomorrow.

There is always ways to clean out your stash. 1200 storage is a lot. What all are you holding? don't store 1 star anything. Avoid storing power armor or place it on power frames and then store it.

Maybe consider buying fallout 1st so you can store ammo and junk for free. Still only 6 bucks for the next 4 days.

You can also create new characters and pass along things to them to store with fallout 1st. It is called a mule character.

I have a mule character that holds on to all my rare plans, god rolls, fusion cores, etc that I want to keep but don't need until I need it.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020
I just don't see why hitting 500 script a day isn't enough. That is a lot of script. That is a lot of weapons and armor to script per day.

Also I am not sure what you mean by cap limits. Yes there is only 1400 limits from NPCs but you can make as many caps per day as you want from your player vending machine. Sell stuff. Sell your extra legendaries. Sell junk. Sell plans you don't use.

The person told you to play another game because twice you said you would rather play two different games. So yeah maybe go play those games this game might not be for you is all.
Been playing this game for years and the daily limits are fine for me. If I play for 8 hours and stop getting rewarded from the game I just move on to the next game or wait until tomorrow.

There is always ways to clean out your stash. 1200 storage is a lot. What all are you holding? don't store 1 star anything. Avoid storing power armor or place it on power frames and then store it.

Maybe consider buying fallout 1st so you can store ammo and junk for free. You can also create new characters and pass along things to them to store with fallout 1st. It is called a mule character.

I have a mule character that holds on to all my rare plans, god rolls, fusion cores, etc that I want to keep but don't need until I need it.
Yeah i have 1st.

Storage ain't the problem except if i wanna keep stuff to sell when vendors are up, which is cause of the problem of hitting those daily limits and i don't wanna waste stuff, idk. If i could at least break it down to scrap that would be nice, but can't sell, just ditch, it feels so bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I honestly play F76 because I get my fill for about an hour a day and it feels like I don't need to play it longer.

There are daily caps and a max cap on currencies. The cap max limit is like 35 or 40K but its not as annoying as say scripts 5K max.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I honestly play F76 because I get my fill for about an hour a day and it feels like I don't need to play it longer.

There are daily caps and a max cap on currencies. The cap max limit is like 35 or 40K but its not as annoying as say scripts 5K max.
yeah it's 40k. Which is a lot. Once I hit 40k I close my vendor and start looking for things to buy from players. Once you become a good seller and if you play all the events the game has, there is always things to sell that other players want. For example, I bought the teal radiation suit plan for 20k from a player. That's way too much but now I don't have to get it as a drop and I literally have nothing else to spend my caps on.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
I honestly more bothered about that scoreboard grind, I stopped caring about the rank 100 page rewards lately and just play every other days lmao

will the pine floor and wall kit appear on atom store or bullions later on? those are very costly on tickets

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I honestly more bothered about that scoreboard grind, I stopped caring about the rank 100 page rewards lately and just play every other days lmao

will the pine floor and wall kit appear on atom store or bullions later on? those are very costly on tickets
Agreed. If anything I have lost all motivation to try and get all the free items. I need like 500 more tickets just to get all the non consumable crap despite being over 100. I mean I will probably get there if I do my weeklies but I have no interest in the daily grind. I much prefer the scoreboards. And I will absolutely never even use that last unlocked page.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Agreed. If anything I have lost all motivation to try and get all the free items. I need like 500 more tickets just to get all the non consumable crap despite being over 100. I mean I will probably get there if I do my weeklies but I have no interest in the daily grind. I much prefer the scoreboards. And I will absolutely never even use that last unlocked page.

this is so true 😭 those last page perk coins are very tempting but theres no way I grind dailies everyday. Really wish next season they didnt make it grindy like this, they expect more engagements but I think people will burned out because of this 😂 I dont want to grind west tek its a scary place

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Totally missing my point dude.

The point is, if i want to play for 8 hours in one day, i should be able to without being penalized. Instead the game is designed in a way that you want to hoard all the shit once you hit limits, then just stop playing and log in once each day and sell it all until you hit limit and repeat. Why play a game that after you hit the limit it doesn't want you to play?

🤷🏻‍♂️
We obviously approach these games very differently. I hope you find the Fallout fix you're looking for.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I apologise if this has been asked before, but I checked the OP and didn't see anything.

Any general advice on what specials/perks to avoid? I don't need a meta build or anything, but I'll be starting this game soon (plan to play solo and with a friend) and just wanted to be a little informed when deciding how to play.

Honestly I have dozens of perk cards that are unopened. I used to swap perks out for challenge / events !(make a kill with melee weapon, swap around some non perks to boost stats). It just became. Hassle. Generally I tend to run with the same weapon, so I keep those cards active. And anything that boosts things like AP etc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Agreed with the gaming board grind. Find it more fun when I can just pop in now and then to get new items during events like fasnscht a d invaders.

Doing the dailies/weeklies to grind along the game board sapped a ton of fun out of it.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone point me in the direction of a fun/easy build for pistols or rifles, using stuff that's relatively accessible for a person who's only slightly above level 50?

I just tried the vault 79 finale and got fucking owned by 80% of the stuff in there using the pistol perks I had picked and what I thought was a decent crafted weapon

When I tried looking up builds it was just people going like "do the quad railway rifle commando build" without really explaining what that means or how to achieve the items needed

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Can anyone point me in the direction of a fun/easy build for pistols or rifles, using stuff that's relatively accessible for a person who's only slightly above level 50?

I just tried the vault 79 finale and got fucking owned by 80% of the stuff in there using the pistol perks I had picked and what I thought was a decent crafted weapon

When I tried looking up builds it was just people going like "do the quad railway rifle commando build" without really explaining what that means or how to achieve the items needed
If you want simple, put a flamer barrel on a plasma rifle. It will melt everything. You get a unique one for that end game quest line, slugbuster, but you probably missed it at this point.

The enclave bunker I believe sells the plans for the energy weapons so probably plasma fun too. Scrap them until you learn the flamer mods

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Season board grinds are just another method to keep folks coming back. This is not a SP game despite what folks want, everything is designed around carrot on stick bringing players back over and over.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Season board grinds are just another method to keep folks coming back. This is not a SP game despite what folks want, everything is designed around carrot on stick bringing players back over and over.
Sure, but it's worse now. I don't think anybody is complaining about having seasons. I have completed like 8 seasons. I enjoy it. I hate this new method though. Maybe you like it. If you do to each their own but, I do not at all.

But I definitely agree this is not a 100 percent single player game. I'm glad it is not. I like this game how it is more or less. I like the social aspects like events and getting new items for my base.

You can mostly play it like a single player game but it still has the heart of an MMO

Last edited:

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Sure, but it's worse now. I don't think anybody is complaining about having seasons. I have completed like 8 seasons. I enjoy it. I hate this new method though. Maybe you like it. If you do to each their own but, I do not at all.

But I definitely agree this is not a 100 percent single player game. I'm glad it is not. I like this game how it is more or less. I like the social aspects like events and getting new items for my base.

You can mostly play it like a single player game but it still has the heart of an MMO

Im not a fan of the new system, it really feels pointless for non 1st subscribers. It's only benefit is for 1st players as they get through it faster and have so much more to pick and choose, those who don't pay just have huge gaps of nothing earned while waiting to reach the next page. At least previously each rank up gave you something even if it was useless.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Im not a fan of the new system, it really feels pointless for non 1st subscribers. It's only benefit is for 1st players as they get through it faster and have so much more to pick and choose, those who don't pay just have huge gaps of nothing earned while waiting to reach the next page. At least previously each rank up gave you something even if it was useless.

I did a calculation weeks ago it took fo1st subscriber 140-144 rank to complete all things not consumable, for non fo1st players it took like 115-122 rank to complete it, but sadly the bonus atom are limited for non fo1st. That new monetization manager from EA that they hired really ruin things lmao

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
I quite like it in the sense that it's an extra carrot on a stick to work towards while playing the game. I've recently come back to the game after a few years away though, so I have no context for how the seasons used to be. It sucks that it seems worse though.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I quite like it in the sense that it's an extra carrot on a stick to work towards while playing the game. I've recently come back to the game after a few years away though, so I have no context for how the seasons used to be. It sucks that it seems worse though.

At first it was mostly rewards for everyone, with a handful of bonus items for first subs. Now it's favoring first subs with better and more rewards. Also the previous linear season board gave a reward at every rank up, so you always got something with each rank up, even if it was something simple. So overall free players get less stuff from seasons now, more is locked into first subs, and you kind of have to grind a bit more to get things.

The new season system really just is there now to be another incentive to sub. A great camp resource this season for example is the water boiler. And it's locked to first subs.

Oct 27, 2017
I like the new system, I get what I want and skip the nonsense. What the hell do I need more basic repair kits for?
I have a few hundred tickets and really no desire to earn more after hitting level 100.

I definitely miss the scoreboard maps or whatever they're called though

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
WTF some rando cultist with a flamethrower absolutely wrecked my Ultracite Power Armoredd ass. From full HP to dead in seconds. Why is when I use a flamer it's not that awsome?

jungius

Sep 5, 2021

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Just recently started this and I'm enjoying just playing it as a fallout single player game lol, not really interacting with the challenges and seasons stuff as it just seems like a pain in the ass grind. I am close to running out of stimpaks though and don't have enough caps to buy any more. Don't really find that many in the world either so guess I'll die a lot more from now on.

Lilly-Anne

Feb 14, 2024
Just recently started this and I'm enjoying just playing it as a fallout single player game lol, not really interacting with the challenges and seasons stuff as it just seems like a pain in the ass grind. I am close to running out of stimpaks though and don't have enough caps to buy any more. Don't really find that many in the world either so guess I'll die a lot more from now on.
it's so annoying trying to find stimpaks in this game i just ahead and put the cannibal card on.

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC

The Healing Salve (Forest) recipe is an award from the Wayward Souls quest or a relatively common drop, requires easily obtainable ingredients, and can be used in the place of diluted stimpacks in the earliest part of the game. Other regions have Healing Salve recipes as well.

Stimpacks also often are rewards in events.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Sometimes people interact with the mmo aspects of it (events) etc. like the hourly mutant packs, usually has lots of stimpacks

You can also get a perk where you get more meds etc when you opened med containers.

Finally there is a fort museum in the far northeast corner of the map ( close to the crater) where there are zero enemies, and I usually can find 6-8 stimpacks

Also check donation boxes

And if your on pc, I can hook you up

Also according to wikia, you can find six at aaronholt homestead

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Spent basically the entire weekend playing this. Went from like...36 on Friday to 72 last night lol. Wrapped up the (one of?) the Brotherhood questlines and got myself the Hellcat power armor, which is super sick. My stealthy build has been solid for solo stuff and quests, but it seems like I just hop in PA for nearly every daily op or event in the world. I think it's about time to solidify my second build as a Power armor/heavy gun setup so I'm actually speced for what I'm using half the time.

All that said, I ran into a new issue in terms of shortages. I did the boss for...Earl? Ed? The Wendigo thing in the mine that gives a shitzillion screws. I was not prepared. We beat him, but it was the longest fight ever and I ate through like all 3 ammo types that I regularly use. .45 gone, .50 gone, whatever my LMG was using...gone. Did some crafting (and ran out of some of those resources) and ammo exchanging but I ultimately had to swap to a minigun for my heavy option select just because I had ammo for the stupid thing.

I'm probably being grossly inefficient by using a weapon type I'm not speced for, which just means less damage to kill shit and therefor looted ammo isn't covering the nut. But single shot rifles just do not cut it if you're trying to tag mobs in events. There were times this weekend, even with automatic weapons, that I would get like...a dozen kills worth of exp in the Alien event because shit was just evaporating.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Spent basically the entire weekend playing this. Went from like...36 on Friday to 72 last night lol. Wrapped up the (one of?) the Brotherhood questlines and got myself the Hellcat power armor, which is super sick. My stealthy build has been solid for solo stuff and quests, but it seems like I just hop in PA for nearly every daily op or event in the world. I think it's about time to solidify my second build as a Power armor/heavy gun setup so I'm actually speced for what I'm using half the time.

All that said, I ran into a new issue in terms of shortages. I did the boss for...Earl? Ed? The Wendigo thing in the mine that gives a shitzillion screws. I was not prepared. We beat him, but it was the longest fight ever and I ate through like all 3 ammo types that I regularly use. .45 gone, .50 gone, whatever my LMG was using...gone. Did some crafting (and ran out of some of those resources) and ammo exchanging but I ultimately had to swap to a minigun for my heavy option select just because I had ammo for the stupid thing.

I'm probably being grossly inefficient by using a weapon type I'm not speced for, which just means less damage to kill shit and therefor looted ammo isn't covering the nut. But single shot rifles just do not cut it if you're trying to tag mobs in events. There were times this weekend, even with automatic weapons, that I would get like...a dozen kills worth of exp in the Alien event because shit was just evaporating.

do daily ops uplink and moonshine jamboree, it's boolets raining there

Oct 29, 2017
If you want to tag at events use the Tesla rifle.

Earle has extra damage resistance that makes a lot of builds just tickle him damage wise. It is why most people skip that event lol. Some relatively broken combos and high-end crit builds can drop him fast.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to tag at events use the Tesla rifle.

Earle has extra damage resistance that makes a lot of builds just tickle him damage wise. It is why most people skip that event lol. Some relatively broken combos and high-end crit builds can drop him fast.

Oooo, good tip! That would also explain why I feel like I see it so often in events. I think I might have one too, which would save me having to find one or buy the BP.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Switch to gatling plasma. Also prime it if you can. It has 500 shots per core and can melt bosses with it. With all the ammo perks equipped you craft 9 cores per one piece of yellowcake flux, plus a chance to get 18 with super duper perk. You'll never worry about ammo again.

For tagging I just use foundation vengeance. It has explosive damage and I always have plenty of ammo for it.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Switch to gatling plasma. Also prime it if you can. It has 500 shots per core and can melt bosses with it. With all the ammo perks equipped you craft 9 cores per one piece of yellowcake flux, plus a chance to get 18 with super duper perk. You'll never worry about ammo again.

Hmmm, that's an interesting thought. I think I have one of those stashed as well. I'll have to fiddle around with some of the suggestions tonight when I get home.

Appreciate everyone's advice/suggestions :)

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm, that's an interesting thought. I think I have one of those stashed as well. I'll have to fiddle around with some of the suggestions tonight when I get home.

Appreciate everyone's advice/suggestions :)

It can't be overstated how absolutely busted daily ops is for ammo. Especially in a group. Focus on tagging and being in the right spots at least for the upload one and you won't even be noticed. Before moving on to the next points, group collect and you will suddenly be drowning in ammo for the selected gun cause I'm fairly certain you get both XP and ammo drops for thing enemies your teammates kill. Doing this once a day and rotating the gun you use and ammo is never an issue again. Also, switch to your most cumbersome gun to use or get ammo with before the end of every expedition and daily op for 250+ ammo of that weapon for free.

Weapons like Plasma rifles with the flame receiver or flamers do ridiculous damage per second and have a kill to dropped ammo ratio of 3-4x for me often times so it's always a gain on anything but the toughest mobs.

If your on Xbox, I can carry you through some daily ops myself

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
it's so annoying trying to find stimpaks in this game i just ahead and put the cannibal card on.

Ha maybe i should just go full cannibal 🤔

The Healing Salve (Forest) recipe is an award from the Wayward Souls quest or a relatively common drop, requires easily obtainable ingredients, and can be used in the place of diluted stimpacks in the earliest part of the game. Other regions have Healing Salve recipes as well.

Stimpacks also often are rewards in events.

Not seen many salves so far, I've been doing the overseer quests and just following those really. Doing multiple fetch quests for some sassy robot lol. I'm too low level for a lot of the events, a lot of them are level 50+ or the alien one where i just get shot to death in a few seconds haha.

Sometimes people interact with the mmo aspects of it (events) etc. like the hourly mutant packs, usually has lots of stimpacks

You can also get a perk where you get more meds etc when you opened med containers.

Finally there is a fort museum in the far northeast corner of the map ( close to the crater) where there are zero enemies, and I usually can find 6-8 stimpacks

Also check donation boxes

And if your on pc, I can hook you up

Also according to wikia, you can find six at aaronholt homestead

Do these respawn daily? Guess once you know where to go it'll be easier. Thanks for offering to help but I'm on ps5, btw I've been getting quite a lot of crashes which i hope is common and not my ps5 crapping itself 😭

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
It can't be overstated how absolutely busted daily ops is for ammo. Especially in a group. Focus on tagging and being in the right spots at least for the upload one and you won't even be noticed. Before moving on to the next points, group collect and you will suddenly be drowning in ammo for the selected gun cause I'm fairly certain you get both XP and ammo drops for thing enemies your teammates kill. Doing this once a day and rotating the gun you use and ammo is never an issue again. Also, switch to your most cumbersome gun to use or get ammo with before the end of every expedition and daily op for 250+ ammo of that weapon for free.

Weapons like Plasma rifles with the flame receiver or flamers do ridiculous damage per second and have a kill to dropped ammo ratio of 3-4x for me often times so it's always a gain on anything but the toughest mobs.

If your on Xbox, I can carry you through some daily ops myself

So much good info in this thread, thank you! I didn't know about the ammo bonus thing from rewards. I definitely notice the ammo drops in daily ops, though yesterday's enemy density wasn't great so I felt like it was lacking.

Your offer is super kind, unfortunately I'm on PC for this one. Side note, I was shocked that this doesn't have cross play. Even with the relatively small server size, this feels like a game that would really benefit from a unified player base.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Ha maybe i should just go full cannibal 🤔

Not seen many salves so far, I've been doing the overseer quests and just following those really. Doing multiple fetch quests for some sassy robot lol. I'm too low level for a lot of the events, a lot of them are level 50+ or the alien one where i just get shot to death in a few seconds haha.

Do these respawn daily? Guess once you know where to go it'll be easier. Thanks for offering to help but I'm on ps5, btw I've been getting quite a lot of crashes which i hope is common and not my ps5 crapping itself 😭

They respawn a lot, when a server respwwns. Those resources are more taken by noobs though.

If you find it hard to find stems (because you end up back in the same server), server hop. Best way is just block someone on a server that tried to hop from. It will force a new server when you hop next time

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So much good info in this thread, thank you! I didn't know about the ammo bonus thing from rewards. I definitely notice the ammo drops in daily ops, though yesterday's enemy density wasn't great so I felt like it was lacking.

Your offer is super kind, unfortunately I'm on PC for this one. Side note, I was shocked that this doesn't have cross play. Even with the relatively small server size, this feels like a game that would really benefit from a unified player base.

Yeah the player base is scattered best way is to add them in game and do discord. You need anything my mules are packed