jungius

Sep 5, 2021
I have had far more luck getting the alien event plans from player vendors. So far 4 of them. 2 of them for 2k and one of them for 400 caps. Probably better off spending your time vendor hopping if that is your goal.

Also holy heck at the script limit. That poster that was complaining about 500, now is your moment.

I finally completed all the plans from players vendor lmao

shout out to someone nice selling teal hazmat and the enforcers mod at 500, I won't login again until next spring cleaning week

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I finally completed all the plans from players vendor lmao

shout out to someone nice selling teal hazmat and the enforcers mod at 500, I won't login again until next spring cleaning week
Yeah it's nice when most of the plans are tradeable. I'll save my extras until after the event and they will sell for crazy amounts of caps

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Yeah it's nice when most of the plans are tradeable. I'll save my extras until after the event and they will sell for crazy amounts of caps

I will legit safe my caps and buy all the event items if the masks event are like this, the rng are not nice at all, at least I dont have to farm circuits and antiseptics again

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
wait that one is worse than this? :')
by a mile. There are over a dozen masks that only have like a .0333 chance to get a specific mask and there are also rare plans. You don't seem them in player vendors often. Believe me. I have been playing this game for years and have like 4 rare masks. That's it. I always have caps.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
by a mile. There are over a dozen masks that only have like a .0333 chance to get a specific mask and there are also rare plans. You don't seem them in player vendors often. Believe me. I have been playing this game for years and have like 4 rare masks. That's it. I always have caps.

what if they add new masks this year.... its like the event teach people not to be completionist and be satisfied of what they get :')

Oct 27, 2017
what if they add new masks this year.... its like the event teach people not to be completionist and be satisfied of what they get :')
The new masks just go up in value, like the equivalent of a couple of million caps on the trading subs. Usually they trade for god roll weapons (Quad railway rifle/fixers) or super rare clothing (Tattered Field Jacket or Responders Firemans outfit or Red Asylum Dress).
The trading economy in this game is very cool imo and pretty advanced.

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my Warzone squad played this last night as each of ours first time.(only 1 of the 3 of us ever really played any Fallout)
Literally played for hours just doing a handful of missions and looting and had a load of fun

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Time for another question. You can't save legendary perks on a per build basis, right? I learned you can swap them out for 1 or 2 of the currency you get for scrapping dupes, but it seems like it just always keeps your current choice of legendary perks and you have to pay that small fee to swap them around.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Me and my Warzone squad played this last night as each of ours first time.(only 1 of the 3 of us ever really played any Fallout)
Literally played for hours just doing a handful of missions and looting and had a load of fun

Yay. I'm glad you made the jump over. What platform are you on?

Also, feel free to ask any questions. It's best to play alot of the early game solo since there are so many notes/computers/holotapes to listen to. Then you can join friends instanced areas and contribute without worrying about having to immediately replay it for you to get credit. Luckily, all open world progress, which is like 95%, is generally shared

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Also, I have begun my journey to replace all my vanguard brotherhood armor into overeaters. I basically quit before it was added and ignored it for the last few weeks until I hit a nasty ass mutation daily op and a big didn't let me into my power armor.

I forgot what it felt like to basically hit that script limit every day. God bless these camps selling cheap shitty legendaries.

Oct 25, 2017
Yay. I'm glad you made the jump over. What platform are you on?

Also, feel free to ask any questions. It's best to play alot of the early game solo since there are so many notes/computers/holotapes to listen to. Then you can join friends instanced areas and contribute without worrying about having to immediately replay it for you to get credit. Luckily, all open world progress, which is like 95%, is generally shared
PS5

Thanks, haha figured that out real quick how we were all doing it differently.
One friend is shoot first everytelse second.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Time for another question. You can't save legendary perks on a per build basis, right? I learned you can swap them out for 1 or 2 of the currency you get for scrapping dupes, but it seems like it just always keeps your current choice of legendary perks and you have to pay that small fee to swap them around.
Yeah your legendaries are tied to your character not your build. But it is nice when you start a new character you also get 5 legendary slots unlocked. Or 6? Whichever

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone on Xbox has Fuel they're looking to unload and in need of caps, shoot me a message. I'm laden with riches and looking to put some breathing room on this money cap.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I would, but I'm playing at a snail's pace and haven't completed the questline to get him to show up!
Yeah nevermind then. You could also spend money on serum plans if you have made it that far into the game. Probably not though by the sounds of it. I'm sure there are plenty of plans to buy from other players worst case

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
I go to whitespring mall earlier and saw all the robots laying down on the floor lifeless

who is the psycopath that did that 😂

Oct 25, 2017
Only been playing for a few days now, but I'm having a lot of fun running around doing random quests and some faction stuff. Am I missing an easy way to find my active quest marker on the very huge map?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Only been playing for a few days now, but I'm having a lot of fun running around doing random quests and some faction stuff. Am I missing an easy way to find my active quest marker on the very huge map?
You can go into the quest section of your pipboy and there is a button prompt that will "show on map" which will take you to it on the map.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Hit 118 or so over the weekend and brought the entry level version of my heavy PA build online. Also lucked out and rolled my gatling plasma as vampiric and guys....it's so stupid. Like it could be more stupid, I've seen people melt shit even faster than this, but good lord it's night and day. Here's this super tanky guy who does solid damage and regenerates a shitzillion health. And, btw, if you shoot me with an energy weapon you recharge my walking death armor. I haven't even had to think about charging or replacing a core in 3 days lol.

I was having a good time before this, but I'm having a really good time now.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Hit 118 or so over the weekend and brought the entry level version of my heavy PA build online. Also lucked out and rolled my gatling plasma as vampiric and guys....it's so stupid. Like it could be more stupid, I've seen people melt shit even faster than this, but good lord it's night and day. Here's this super tanky guy who does solid damage and regenerates a shitzillion health. And, btw, if you shoot me with an energy weapon you recharge my walking death armor. I haven't even had to think about charging or replacing a core in 3 days lol.

I was having a good time before this, but I'm having a really good time now.
Yeah a good build makes all the difference. I have played this game for years and have tried a variety of builds and I still main a heavy power armor build to this day. I carry a bloody holy fire for times I want quick damage but I still carry my primed bloody gat plas because the ammo efficiency is one of the best in the game and it deals crazy damage especially to bosses. I also carry a vampire gat plas for events where I might need more healing.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZn2w6c-j0

I don't wanna be pessimistic, but I am afraid after this update released the developer will be "this is it for the next two years" like they did after 2021 big update, I don't think that map addition could last me until two years, it's not that large for that timeframe. Hope next year there will be suprise again

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
I don't wanna be pessimistic, but I am afraid after this update released the developer will be "this is it for the next two years" like they did after 2021 big update, I don't think that map addition could last me until two years, it's not that large for that timeframe. Hope next year there will be suprise again
Hopefully now that the show has made the game a lot more popular they will push for more content updates. They should also focus on a performance update, I think the Series X struggles to maintain a smooth framerate at 4K. We have seen updates to both Fallout 4 and Starfield, hope this is not neglected.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
More questions since I'm still too new to add anything else of value to the thread lol.

Plans for prime receivers/whatever converts guns to Ultracite, are these tradeable? My google-fu tells me yes, but my experience with player shops has me doubting. I haven't seen a single one for sale at any camp, and I stop by basically any camp that has plans for sale. So I can only assume that either, my google-fu is weak, or these plans are so common and have been around so long they basically have no value to those who would stockpile them. I've done the encounter pretty much every time it pops now, but I've only gotten ones for weapons I don't use.

I guess this also serves as a request for anyone on Steam/PC if they happen to have extras around, especially for the gattling weapons. If there's a fair trade to be made for them, and I have whatever thing of value you want, I'd be super interested in snagging some.

Edit: Another question. I'm having a blast in my PA build. I don't really see myself swapping anytime soon. So with that said, should I just skip the Secret Service armor plans that Minerva is bringing/will bring over the next few weeks? I assume the bullion is better spent on Hellcat mods once I get around to finishing the Vault 79 questline, but also she bringing deals and they tempt me.

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
More questions since I'm still too new to add anything else of value to the thread lol.

Plans for prime receivers/whatever converts guns to Ultracite, are these tradeable? My google-fu tells me yes, but my experience with player shops has me doubting. I haven't seen a single one for sale at any camp, and I stop by basically any camp that has plans for sale. So I can only assume that either, my google-fu is weak, or these plans are so common and have been around so long they basically have no value to those who would stockpile them. I've done the encounter pretty much every time it pops now, but I've only gotten ones for weapons I don't use.

I guess this also serves as a request for anyone on Steam/PC if they happen to have extras around, especially for the gattling weapons. If there's a fair trade to be made for them, and I have whatever thing of value you want, I'd be super interested in snagging some.

Edit: Another question. I'm having a blast in my PA build. I don't really see myself swapping anytime soon. So with that said, should I just skip the Secret Service armor plans that Minerva is bringing/will bring over the next few weeks? I assume the bullion is better spent on Hellcat mods once I get around to finishing the Vault 79 questline, but also she bringing deals and they tempt me.

Prime capacitors are indeed tradeable. The problem is, once you learn the plan, it will never drop again. So basically, most players learn the plan, then never see it again.

They will appear in player vendors but are uncommon for the reason I just stated. Some players never learn the plans and keep getting them instead.

As for the secret service armor, yes, if you never intend to run a commando build then you are better off with hellcats. I run with T-65 myself but to each their own. Union is going to be the best power armor you can get though and I believe that is with stamps these days.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Prime capacitors are indeed tradeable. The problem is, once you learn the plan, it will never drop again. So basically, most players learn the plan, then never see it again.

They will appear in player vendors but are uncommon for the reason I just stated. Some players never learn the plans and keep getting them instead.

As for the secret service armor, yes, if you never intend to run a commando build then you are better off with hellcats. I run t 65 myself but to each their own. Union is going to be the best power armor you can get though and I believe that is with stamps these days.

Ahhh, I didn't realize they were one and dones. That definitely explains why I haven't seen even one in a player shop. I guess I'll just have to exercise that pesky thing called patience. Now if people would stop dropping nukes for Earl...that'd be super.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZn2w6c-j0

6 years for a map update, I wouldn't expect another any time soon. We basically get one "big" update a year usually in 76, maybe a smaller content update in between, but really this has been one of the biggest chunks of updates with Atlantic City and now map expansion back to back

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
It was supposed to be Moleman treasure hunter week, something must have went wrong as Mothman was not on the schedule for any time soon again.

CountCorvinus

Mar 10, 2023
I was wondering. We just had it a few weeks ago

It was announced in April on their discord that they were bringing the event back because of the bug with the plans.

The statement:

Hello

We wanted to give you a quick update on the status of the Mothman Equinox Duplicate Plan Rewards issue.

The hotfix we had tentatively planned for today will not be released due to the discovery of a technical issue. The fix is now currently planned to be included in our next patch.

Instead of extending the event past April 16 with the bug in place, Mothman Equinox will return in in May so players can obtain any duplicate plans they desire.

As always, thank you for all your feedback and support!