• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EchizenKurage

Apr 4, 2024
Dallas, TX
I've never played the games but his turned out to be a good show. The first three episodes of Last of Us has higher highs, but ultimately I ended up thinking Fallout was better.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Very good show. Got a bit messy at times but it was way better than I ever expected it to be.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great show, really happy on how it turned out.

My only gripes:
- I feel like they are travelling too fast (fast travel? :D), always find each other for some reason in a really vast wasteland
- The scene to scene transition is sometimes a bit rough, again feels like they are jumping too fast

Otherwise a really faithful representation of the game with really good actors, great sets and so many easter eggs and things directly from the game.
(that part when he misses all his shots and says "Damn, wish I had a scope" was *chef kiss)
Can't wait for season 2!

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
So The Ghoul just put all his stats into Agility and Luck? And just enough Charisma to get a slight advantage.

Damn that is a good show.

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
I'm a simple guy. I think Thaddeus's "I knew I shouldn't have trusted a doctor that smelled like that" is the funniest line in the show

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is it with Amazon making so many shows about an evil giant corporation?

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
My personal feeling about Vault 32 after the end of the series

The idea is that they are all piss ant middle managers. It's an easy job. Some are good at managing politics, but I think one of Bob's Buddies was either a nepo baby or a frat buddy got the job, and enshittified Vault 32 so bad that someone looked into the Overseer and Vault 31 in general

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Whew, we have truly arrived in the age of video game adaptations. I never really got in to MCU/DCU because the plots and payoff were so predictable. Heroes never die. But game universes are so much more flexible. Fallout has some insane amount of backstory and writing already baked in. S1 was great.

I'm calling my shot right now:

There WILL be a Crash Bandicoot show eventually and it's going to be really good, somehow.

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
Really liked the show as someone with only passing familiarity to the games (which I may now get into).

Spoilerous questions for those who have played the games that I'm curious about:

1. I liked the reveal that Vault-Tec (probably) triggered the nuclear war themselves. Was this in the games as well?
2. Are there any characters that overlap between the games and the show?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Really liked the show as someone with only passing familiarity to the games (which I may now get into).

Spoilerous questions for those who have played the games that I'm curious about:

1. I liked the reveal that Vault-Tec (probably) triggered the nuclear war themselves. Was this in the games as well?

1. In games VaultTec is known evil quantity and there has been hints about their possible involvement in all of end of the world related. Lore bombs show dropped broke a lot new ground on that front

2. No, all original

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
My only gripes:
- I feel like they are travelling too fast (fast travel? :D), always find each other for some reason in a really vast wasteland
To be fair
they're using a combination of a tracking device, radiation sensor, and a dog to follow eachother
though yeah there is some coincidence as well.

Katsyo

Oct 27, 2017

1. In games VaultTec is known evil quantity and there has been hints about their possible involvement in all of end of the world related. Lore bombs show dropped broke a lot new ground on that front

2. No, all original

I would add afaik:

1. The games have been quite ambiguous about who actually dropped the first bomb. The show establishes that Vault-Tec was preparing for starting the whole thing but I don't think it was confirmed there either that they actually did it.

2. Robert House from Fallout New Vegas was there at the executive board room meeting representing Rob-co where they were discussing about dropping the bombs and the vaults.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I would add afaik:

1. The games have been quite ambiguous about who actually dropped the first bomb. The show establishes that Vault-Tec was preparing for starting the whole thing but I don't think it was confirmed there either that they actually did it.

2. Robert House from Fallout New Vegas was there at the executive board room meeting representing Rob-co where they were discussing about dropping the bombs and the vaults.

Totally forgot about that second answer...

Katsyo

Oct 27, 2017
Totally forgot about that second answer...

Yeah, I mean it is quite short cameo so I don't know how many people noticed and as far as I know it was the only one. I am frankly surprised how many completely new interesting and funny characters they managed to create for the show without relying on existing people from the games.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Finished watching, great show but eight episodes seemed short for the story they wanted to tell, could used a couple more i guess.

Never played a Fallout game but i guess that might change when they drop the update for fo4 next week.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
With this and Westworld, seems like Johnathan Nolan has a thing for mysterious badass cowboys.
This show went above and beyond. I wonder how the Horizon show will differ now that the Fallout series has basically stolen its plot.

drodds

Aug 20, 2023
I was wondering why so many scenes in this show had vignetting and swirling blurred backgrounds, which led to me learn about the revival of anamorphic lens in tv. I suppose they were trying to make the picture look more retro and old, but it failed to do that for me and was mostly distracting.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
My personal feeling about Vault 32 after the end of the series

The idea is that they are all piss ant middle managers. It's an easy job. Some are good at managing politics, but I think one of Bob's Buddies was either a nepo baby or a frat buddy got the job, and enshittified Vault 32 so bad that someone looked into the Overseer and Vault 31 in general
I gotta disagree. I think the TV in Vault 32 gave it away. They ran the same sustainability model as 33 but were raised on selfishness

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

while it's not particularly an earth shattering revelation ... according to canonical "lore", Vaut-Tec's alleged role (per the show) is a pretty huge F'ing deal. they may end up handwaving that with some contrivance, but it's probably going to change the future of Fallout forever

and far as I know Mr. House was the only overlapping character. I would say it's just an easter egg but obvs they're running with the New Vegas/west coast angle so probably not

1 gift from tgrfawcett New

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from tgrfawcett tgrfawcett!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

tgrfawcett said:
Redeem the code on a Microsoft account!

Have fun in the wastes.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Microsoft Store - PC Microsoft Store - PC: Fallout 76 - Won by Junior Junior (7 entries)

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
To be fair
they're using a combination of a tracking device, radiation sensor, and a dog to follow eachother
though yeah there is some coincidence as well.
Yeah I don't get this criticism, they all have the same goals and 3 of the 4 characters on the path are really good at tracking for various reasons.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Ep4 down the hatch, it's fantastic stuff here.

Ghoul cutting of her finger was metal. No threat just straight to action, though it did get resolved in 1min. Bert, Bert, Bert! LOL

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i don't really get the character of muldavar, especially with the finale

So... her best friend is Lucy's mom, right? Maybe lovers? She saw Lucy and Norm grow up for at least 2-3 years with Lucy's mom?

So... she ummm went into vault 33 knowing her greatest friends daughter was going to be married, raped, and then murdered by one of her raider goons? She had zero interest in rescuing the son? Only in bringing back Overseer Hank and getting the fusion unlock code from him?

that... seems like an insanely evil character.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
i don't really get the character of muldavar, especially with the finale

So... her best friend is Lucy's mom, right? Maybe lovers? She saw Lucy and Norm grow up for at least 2-3 years with Lucy's mom?

So... she ummm went into vault 33 knowing her greatest friends daughter was going to be married, raped, and then murdered by one of her raider goons? She had zero interest in rescuing the son? Only in bringing back Overseer Hank and getting the fusion unlock code from him?

that... seems like an insanely evil character.

I didn't really get that either, unless she was trying to just show Lucy how "the real world" actually is and believed in the school of hard knocks approach. Which really wouldn't have worked if Lucy had been killed in the process.

Oct 27, 2017
Did not realize Matt Berry was in this, experience elevated again.

Watched episode 6 last night, my wife ducked out after the first episode because the violence made her uncomfortable and it's probably good she did as, whew, it's pretty brutal at times. That
finger chopping
scene, brief though it was made me squirm.

Really enjoying the show though.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Finally finished it last night, I think overall I'd give the series a solid 8/10, I don't know if it was just me but I was slightly more interested in the vault storyline with Norm than the 'main quest' storyline.

The acting, sets, action scenes were top notch, the rough transitions and sometimes sudden scene endings were a bit odd but whatever.

I'm excited to see where they go with season two.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I finished watching this last night. Not too bad. We were pretty iffy on the show until episode four. The show's writing and directional quality improved and stayed at a consistent level at and after that point.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Enjoyed the series, but it was hit and miss for me. I'm also kinda wondering how it performs with viewers who don't know the universe. Anecdotal, but some of my co-workers watched a bit of it and dropped off halfway the first episode. They have zero knowledge of the games. Could well be that the intended satire of the 50s, capitalism, red scare etc wasn't that clear for them though.

Some things had me scratching my head:
About Wilzig and Moldaver:
So Wilzig takes off with an essential piece of tech for cold fusion. We literally NEVER see or hear from his faction (Enclave) again, but they inform all kinds of bounty hunters/agencies/factions to find and kill him. But surely Enclave doesn't tell others what Wilzig took. Do they not know? If they don't know, how come Brotherhood and Moldaver do know? Wilzig knew about Lucy's background (and I guess he knew Moldaver's role in Shady Sands), so I guess Enclave knows some shit about Vault-Tec, but I guess the other way around somehow Moldaver also knows some shit about Enclave/Wilzig - tho we never hear about, or I missed it. I dunno, it just seemed a bit glossed over how everybody is onto Wilzig but Enclave is completely missing in the picture.

Moldaver's Vault crew:
Did she hire a bunch of raiders for the Vault stint? These guys were so radically different in behaviour than her NCR posse in the final episode.

Oct 27, 2017
Some things had me scratching my head:
About Wilzig and Moldaver:
So Wilzig takes off with an essential piece of tech for cold fusion. We literally NEVER see or hear from his faction (Enclave) again, but they inform all kinds of bounty hunters/agencies/factions to find and kill him. But surely Enclave doesn't tell others what Wilzig took. Do they not know? If they don't know, how come Brotherhood and Moldaver do know? Wilzig knew about Lucy's background (and I guess he knew Moldaver's role in Shady Sands), so I guess Enclave knows some shit about Vault-Tec, but I guess the other way around somehow Moldaver also knows some shit about Enclave/Wilzig - tho we never hear about, or I missed it. I dunno, it just seemed a bit glossed over how everybody is onto Wilzig but Enclave is completely missing in the picture.

Wilzig and Moldaver were working together, but the show doesn't get into the how or why. It's left unexplained for now and may be expanded next season. But it's reasonable to suggest that Moldaver worked with Wilzig to specifically steal the cold fusion technology, that's why he was specifically trying to get to her. There's no indication that the BoS knew what Wilzig had, but I don't remember the wording, though I'm pretty sure the Enclave left it vague. BoS surmised it must be important otherwise the Enclave wouldn't have put out such a large net for him. Wilzig knows about Lucy because he was working with Moldaver, but again, we don't know the extent of their involvement with each other. They just haven't gotten into that and it's reasonable it'll be something we'll see in the future.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Cain talking about the show:
www.youtube.com

Fallout TV Show Review

I have now watched all 8 episodes, so let's talk about the Fallout TV show. Caution: there are spoilers!VideosFallout TV Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
fnv question.
Repair in weapons. Sometimes I can just repair and other times I have to choose an item to repair with. What's the difference?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't think

Cooper can be redeemed for me after he shot the kid.

Especially not after making Erik Estrada cry. You have to be a real piece of shit to do that.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I honestly don't think

Cooper can be redeemed for me after he shot the kid.

Especially not after making Erik Estrada cry. You have to be a real piece of shit to do that.

Was he actually dead? I thought he shot him in the shoulder.

Anyway, I got the impression the kid was an adult and he's the one who made a move for a weapon showing he was definitely going to be coming after him. Estrada will get over it.