• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I'm really only familiar with Fallout via 3, some of 4, and 76 and even then I probably haven't absorbed much of the lore.

Is Vault-Tec specifically an American company or is there a branch or version of it in something like the UK? I'd love to see something like the British equivalent of the Pip-Boy.

Vault-Tec didn't operate outside North America and to my knowledge neither did RobCo (the makers of the PipBoy).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I also kinda hope we would get something set somewhere outside the USA. I could go for a Pip-Bloke.

House is enough of a bastard that he probably would've branded the UK version of the Pip Boy the "Pip-Pip Boy". RobCo DID have an international presence pre-war, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Pip-Boy made its way overseas. Vault-Tec just partnered with RobCo to produce a line of them for the vaults.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
There's still an Enclave outpost in Chicago that hasn't been touched by any sort of Fallout media so I hope we get a Fallout game set up in Chicago one day.

Katsyo

Oct 27, 2017
House is enough of a bastard that he probably would've branded the UK version of the Pip Boy the "Pip-Pip Boy". RobCo DID have an international presence pre-war, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Pip-Boy made its way overseas. Vault-Tec just partnered with RobCo to produce a line of them for the vaults.

I could see that being plausible. Especially there really is nothing preventing from non Vault-Tec people from actually using the Pip-Boys right?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see what a Fallout game would look like if it were set in China or the Soviet Union.

I feel like the ONLY WAY you could make this work would be with developers from the countries in question. I really, really, really do not think Bethesda or their writers are the right people to tackle that kind of content.

There's still an Enclave output in Chicago that hasn't been touched by any sort of Fallout media so I hope we get a Fallout game set up in Chicago one day.

I always struggle to fully grasp what the middle expanse of America would be like. Isn't the central strip past Illinois almost entirely Legion territory? So is the Midwest Enclave basically just a giant firewall keeping the Legion from expanding Eastward toward the Commonwealth/Capital?

I could see that being plausible. Especially there really is nothing preventing from non Vault-Tec people from actually using the Pip-Boys right?

Correct. Hell, the Pip-Boy was a product that existed FIRST, then Vault-Tec branded it and used it as a sponsored product line as part of the Vault Dweller package. So there should be non-Vault-Tec branded Pip Boys out there too. RobCo isn't gonna turn down that revenue stream. House is too much of a capitalist for that.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
This is what I've been saying, the show is very careful to not say "The NCR got wiped out". I'm glad to see it confirmed.

The only thing they confirmed is that shady sands got nukes because they were asked about it. Extrapolating that the NCR totes survived from that is a whole ton of head canon and copium. They're not going to say anything they don't have to so they can keep all options open for the next season.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
The only thing they confirmed is that shady sands got nukes because they were asked about it. Extrapolating that the NCR totes survived from that is a whole ton of head canon and copium. They're not going to say anything they don't have to so they can keep all options open for the next season.

I'm not extrapolating anything. It's others who are extrapolating that the NCR is dead and gone based on the loss of Shady Sands. The NCR may well be dead, but it's still possible that another setllement like New Reno or The Hub are still going as a splintered group.

vrietje

Dec 4, 2018
It seems the NCR is as good as gone in the area around vault 33 and 4 Los Angeles? But we don't know if it stil exist else where. At least something of the ncr is still in new vegas going with the end credits of fall out last episode

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not extrapolating anything. It's others who are extrapolating that the NCR is dead and gone based on the loss of Shady Sands.

Geez I wonder if the major faction of the west having their capitol nuked and being a no show for the whole season had something to people thinking that

Nay they're tripping the NCR is still kicking just out of frame during the entire first season that's the logical and reasonable explanation

Well at least people won't pull the "the chalkboard is just a mistake/oversight" again now that Todd confirmed it I hope

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Geez I wonder if the major faction of the west having their capitol nuked and being a no show for the whole season had something to people thinking that

Nay they're tripping the NCR is still kicking just out of frame during the entire first season that's the logical and reasonable explanation

Well at least people won't pull the "the chalkboard is just a mistake/oversight" again now that Todd confirmed it I hope

What are you talking about? Moldaver's group is NCR.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I always struggle to fully grasp what the middle expanse of America would be like. Isn't the central strip past Illinois almost entirely Legion territory? So is the Midwest Enclave basically just a giant firewall keeping the Legion from expanding Eastward toward the Commonwealth/Capital?
Well we know Salt Lake City got bombed pretty hard, John Cassidy in Fallout 2 said that "I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest. It's a big ol' radioactive dustbowl now" as a Hazard in the Midwest, the Midwest Brotherhood of Steel is in that area which some have describes as being similar to the Legion in some aspects but they are currently MIA according to Elder Lyons in Fallout 3.
Fallout: Florida. It's absolutely, completely unchanged from the modern day, except there are some super mutants and ghouls around.

(and they're the good guys)
Fallout Miami is already being worked on:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww8o_zYaV9A

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the ONLY WAY you could make this work would be with developers from the countries in question. I really, really, really do not think Bethesda or their writers are the right people to tackle that kind of content.
I agree. Any Fallout game set in a country other than the United States would ideally need to be made by people who have an inherent understanding of their country's history and culture.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
What are you talking about? Moldaver's group is NCR.

Are they carrying all the previous ncr buildings and governmental structure in their pockets? because if you think a bunch of remnants (from what are they remnants one could wonder) counts as the ncr totally being around just fine i guess Fallout New Vegas was about the Enclave as well because of the six old coots and arcade being around and the NCR had some sort of colony in the commonwealth because of kelloggs and his goons. you know very well that when people talk about the NCR being wiped theyre not talking about a group of people from it still being alive but the nation itself existing in some non-figurative capacity, which by what was presented on the show so far doesnt seem to be the case regardless if todd howard doesnt spell out OH YEAH NCR TOTALLY GONE POOF THEYRE OUT on an interview (and heres a spoiler - even if thats the case, hes not going to say it, or confirm any other faction/place being alive/dead because theres no need to step on the toes of the production team and limit their possibilities for whatever eventuality for season 2 yet)

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Are they carrying all the previous ncr buildings and governmental structure in their pockets? because if you think a bunch of remnants (from what are they remnants one could wonder) counts as the ncr totally being around just fine i guess Fallout New Vegas was about the Enclave as well because of the six old coots and arcade being around and the NCR had some sort of colony in the commonwealth because of kelloggs and his goons. you know very well that when people talk about the NCR being wiped theyre not talking about a group of people from it still being alive but the nation itself existing in some non-figurative capacity, which by what was presented on the show so far doesnt seem to be the case regardless if todd howard doesnt spell out OH YEAH NCR TOTALLY GONE POOF THEYRE OUT on an interview (and heres a spoiler - even if thats the case, hes not going to say it, or confirm any other faction/place being alive/dead because theres no need to step on the toes of the production team and limit their possibilities for whatever eventuality for season 2 yet)

You suggested that the NCR were nowhere to be seen in the Series. This isn't true. Moldaver is the leader of the NCR Regional Headquarters at Griffith Observatory. The events of the series are predicated on Wilzig defecting from the Enclave and making his way to the NCR. There is a shot of Moldaver walking out of the Observatory, under an NCR Headquarters sign. In the battle, there is a flagbearer running into front lines bearing the NCR Flag.

There is no doubt the NCR were completely destabilised by the fall of Shady Sands, and Griffith Observatory may well have been the last vestiges of people that identified as NCR. But also the other 4 member states may continue to identify themselves as NCR, and may well have established a new NCR capital in the 15ish years since Shady Sands was blown up.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You suggested that the NCR were nowhere to be seen in the Series. This isn't true. Moldaver is the leader of the NCR Regional Headquarters at Griffith Observatory. The events of the series are predicated on Wilzig defecting from the Enclave and making his way to the NCR. There is a shot of Moldaver walking out of the Observatory, under an NCR Headquarters sign. In the battle, there is a flagbearer running into front lines bearing the NCR Flag.

There is no doubt the NCR were completely destabilised by the fall of Shady Sands, and Griffith Observatory may well have been the last vestiges of people that identified as NCR. But also the other 4 member states may continue to identify themselves as NCR, and may well have established a new NCR capital in the 15ish years since Shady Sands was blown up.
The irony in saying that the NCR may still be around is copied and head canon, while being 100% sure they're wiped out despite the fact that California is a HUGE state and the NCR controls territory outside of Shady Sands. Like, yes, they want to be vague in interviews to leave it open for future seasons, but it goes both ways. We could see more of the NCR we might not. Some fans of the games have been insufferable since the TV shows release, when its just 8 hours of 1 season with them potentially showing more in future seasons down the line

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the NCR has fractured or has been heavily reduced in some way, I don't understand the thoughts that they're gone for good. From what I recall, the Brotherhood of various chapters have had one foot out the door at multiple points and have managed to survive or even have a resurgence. The Enclave has been defeated twice over and they're still around scheming. Even if the NCR is nearly gone at the moment it doesn't meant they can't or won't bounce back.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I really wanted to see at least a prop or a helmet of any of the other armors, T-45, T-51, Advanced Power Armor...whats the chance of getting other armors in the second season?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I really wanted to see at least a prop or a helmet of any of the other armors, T-45, T-51, Advanced Power Armor...whats the chance of getting other armors in the second season?
Maximus got knighted at the end so I suppose it depends on what the resources are of that chapter of the Brotherhood when season 2 kicks in. I expect at some point Lucy will find a dilapidated chassis out in the wasteland as well, if only to push through a crazy situation.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017
The Ghoul had firsthand experience piloting the T-45, I could see the show contriving an excuse for him to briefly hop in one once more.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Trying to mod New Vegas and this might be the most frustrating modding experience I've ever had. I followed every instruction perfectly, step by step, but the game just won't fucking launch. It took like two hours to set this up and I've been trying to figure out what is wrong for another hour now and I'm just about ready to give up. I'm using Mod Organizer and it just doesn't launch the game. Doesn't matter how many mods I have, it won't launch it vanilla either. It opens a bunch of command boxes rapidly for a split second but they all instantly close and then nothing happens. No error messages, nothing to troubleshoot. Just doesn't work.

I'm not deleting everything and doing that three hours again in hopes it just works the second time. Has anyone experienced this? If not, just HOW bad is the game unmodded on PC? Does it really crash and have that many bugs? It's so annoying because clearly everyone mods this game all the time, why are there SO many steps to this still in 2024? Might just say "fuck it" and play Fallout 4 instead but since I've never played either I wanted to do the one people like the most.

I played through New Vegas using the gog version last summer without any problems. Didn't mod it and did a 60 hour playthrough of the base game (didn't do any dlc yet).

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to mod New Vegas and this might be the most frustrating modding experience I've ever had. I followed every instruction perfectly, step by step, but the game just won't fucking launch. It took like two hours to set this up and I've been trying to figure out what is wrong for another hour now and I'm just about ready to give up. I'm using Mod Organizer and it just doesn't launch the game. Doesn't matter how many mods I have, it won't launch it vanilla either. It opens a bunch of command boxes rapidly for a split second but they all instantly close and then nothing happens. No error messages, nothing to troubleshoot. Just doesn't work.

I'm not deleting everything and doing that three hours again in hopes it just works the second time. Has anyone experienced this? If not, just HOW bad is the game unmodded on PC? Does it really crash and have that many bugs? It's so annoying because clearly everyone mods this game all the time, why are there SO many steps to this still in 2024? Might just say "fuck it" and play Fallout 4 instead but since I've never played either I wanted to do the one people like the most.
I did this last night.

Had some trouble but I was able to get through it. Did you do base modding or all the way to the end?

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I want to see the best PA in the series in live action.
latest

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Last edited:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really only familiar with Fallout via 3, some of 4, and 76 and even then I probably haven't absorbed much of the lore.

Is Vault-Tec specifically an American company or is there a branch or version of it in something like the UK? I'd love to see something like the British equivalent of the Pip-Boy.
Vault-Tec is specifically an American defense corporation (though it's obviously been revealed through the games and now the show that they had much more on their mind than just national defense).

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Even if the NCR has fractured or has been heavily reduced in some way, I don't understand the thoughts that they're gone for good. From what I recall, the Brotherhood of various chapters have had one foot out the door at multiple points and have managed to survive or even have a resurgence. The Enclave has been defeated twice over and they're still around scheming. Even if the NCR is nearly gone at the moment it doesn't meant they can't or won't bounce back.
The only reason the brotherhood and enclave keep coming back is because bethesda cant think of new factions. The Enclave was absolutely supposed to die in 2. The Brotherhood was diminishing in importance each game, and they werent even that relevant in 1 anyway. If the way to bring the NCR 'back' is another bethesda asspull honestly its better they just die all out anyway

ArcticWolf

Nov 29, 2022
This is what I've been saying, the show is very careful to not say "The NCR got wiped out". I'm glad to see it confirmed.

As am I. As petty nerd rage as it seems the NCR is basically the one faction I would want to continue on. So the idea of it being wiped out just to keep the status quo of the Wasteland felt like preventing the franchise from ever being more than a simple 1-note idea.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
The only reason the brotherhood and enclave keep coming back is because bethesda cant think of new factions. The Enclave was absolutely supposed to die in 2. The Brotherhood was diminishing in importance each game, and they werent even that relevant in 1 anyway. If the way to bring the NCR 'back' is another bethesda asspull honestly its better they just die all out anyway

These keep coming because those are interesting factions to begin with and there's still a lot to explore (like they did in 76 with the Appalachian division of the Enclave and the two chapters of the BoS).

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
The Enclave makes sense to bring back because at least in 76 they kind of made it into a John Birch Society with local branches throughout the US. Bringing back the Brotherhood is very lazy though.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
The Enclave makes sense to bring back because at least in 76 they kind of made it into a John Birch Society with local branches throughout the US. Bringing back the Brotherhood is very lazy though.
Its not really "bringing back" in 76 since its earlier in the timeline. They werent dead by then, i dont really mind it there. But in 3 and probably the show too, no. Let them die for fucks sake.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Where the official high rez textures on PC a dramatic improvement? I have to imagine they will be included in the update

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Where the official high rez textures on PC a dramatic improvement? I have to imagine they will be included in the update

Nope! In fact, most guides recommend that you don't use the official high resolution DLC in favor of community made ones due to how poor performing the former is.

I don't know what to choose

I gotta believe that the vast majority of 76's power armors aren't canon. A Chinese power armor? Sure. I can believe that. A power armor that's just Frank Horrigan? Nah. I don't buy it.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like a lot of people are jumping the gun on the ultimate fate of the NCR. I mean if we got a significant amount info about the NCR being gone as a whole and they magically come back then yeah that would suck, but it seems all we know is that the NCR is gone from the general region of Shady Sands. They controlled practically an entire state, so why would they be totally gone? Even if New Vegas looks like it had something rough go down it is still standing. And if the Brotherhood and Enclave can survive (even if those reasons can be considered a stretch), I don't see how the most successful, well-established faction we know of by far would would be essentially gone in a span of 15 years.

The show is honestly very vague about the whole political/territorial landscape of southern Cali as a whole. We don't know anything about this Brotherhood chapter or it's strength, if anything it seems like it might be pretty weak since it needed support from the east. And we really don't have any clue about what happened in New Vegas outside of it looking rougher than last time we saw it. If anything the increasing focus on Shady Sands, the NCR imagery and ultimately New Vegas at the end of the show made me feel that delving into the NCR and related factions is gonna be a significant focus of Season 2, but that's only my impression.

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like a lot of people are jumping the gun on the ultimate fate of the NCR. I mean if we got a significant amount info about the NCR being gone as a whole and they magically come back then yeah that would suck, but it seems all we know is that the NCR is gone from the general region of Shady Sands. They controlled practically an entire state, so why would they be totally gone? Even if New Vegas looks like it had something rough go down it is still standing.

The show is honestly very vague about the whole political/territorial landscape of southern Cali as a whole. We don't know anything about this Brotherhood chapter or it's strength, if anything it seems like it might be pretty weak since it needed support from the east. And we really don't have any clue about what happened in New Vegas outside of it looking rougher than last time we saw it. If anything the increasing focus on Shady Sands, the NCR imagery and ultimately New Vegas at the end of the show gave the impression that delving into the NCR and related factions is gonna be a significant focus of Season 2, but that's only my impression.
Nah. Just dream up the worst case scenario and post conspiracies about how Todd and company HATE 1, 2 and NV. Forget the fact that we're most likely getting a Season 2 that may go deeper into what happened to the rest of the NCR because, as you said, they owned most of California and California is a big fucking state! Anyway, I've been continuing my neverending/ very long playthrough of New Vegas thats reaching 250 hours and counting lol. I just keep finding more and more interesting quest mods that have released over the years to add on to it.

Dec 25, 2018
I really hope FO3 Remastered really happens and it can clean up the experience. In the meantime, just finished installing tale of two wastelands. Debating whether or not to try and put it on my steam deck, but the fact something like it even exists is just a fever dream to me.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
If anything the increasing focus on Shady Sands, the NCR imagery and ultimately New Vegas at the end of the show made me feel that delving into the NCR and related factions is gonna be a significant focus of Season 2, but that's only my impression.

The credit scenes shows new vegas pretty much in a state of post battle/destruction, i sincerely doubt "NCR and related factions" are going to even be alive and didnt show up before because they were there, let alone be a focus. Again, its weird how the people using the actual content of the show to theorize their ideas (that may or may not happen - again i'm saying that things are left open and vague so they dont get chained for a second season and any eventualities while shooting it, this is speculation, i am not affiliated with the producers nor have any definitive leak of the second season) are being treated as loonies and brushed aside while other people (not necessarily you, just using your post as a springboard) using things that are not shown or told saying WELL THEY MIGHT DO THIS, THEY MAY DO THAT, THIS MIGHT BE A MISTAKE, THEY DIDNT SPELL IT OUT WITH ALL LETTERS THAT THE NCR IS DEAD SO THEYRE TOTALLY ALIVE think thats the rational and logical argument. But that discussion is getting pretty tiresome so lets just agree to disagree

This article really captures my frustration with Bethesda's take on the franchise. https://www.pcgamer.com/movies-tv/i...-of-bethesdas-stifling-take-on-the-wasteland/

Good article that sums part of my grievances despite liking the show.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
This article really captures my frustration with Bethesda's take on the franchise. https://www.pcgamer.com/movies-tv/i...-of-bethesdas-stifling-take-on-the-wasteland/

So much this. I am fine with the NCR falling if we got something interesting to evolve out of it. Right now just based on season 1 it seems the NCR fell so we could get more brotherhood, a tiny bit of the enclave, and a lawless wasteland. They keep pushing out the timeline out so we can get more of the same and it is disappointing. I liked the show overall though, so i am interested to see how they disappoint my inner lore nerd in season 2.