• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Telling your paying customers "though luck, shit was too expensive, we were beascially lying to you" and at the same time sending youtubers what was promised to the paying customers for free is irrelevant to the collector's edition debacle?

The bag that influencers got has nothing to do with the collector's edition. It's literally not the bag customers were promised. They are two completely seperate issues. The only reason you can even link them is because they are made of canvas.

People are just looking for something (else) to bitch about.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
The bag that influencers got has nothing to do with the collector's edition. It's literally not the bag customers were promised. They are two completely seperate issues. The only reason you can even link them is because they are made of canvas.

Or Bethesda defenders being too thick headed to realize that it's terrible PR to tell paying customers what they ordered was too expensive to make.

And yet being able to make a similar product to give out as free advertisement.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

It shows that Bethesda is at least aware that some bags are more desirable than others, which is why the bait and switch with the CE is so shitty. It's not that complicated.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

"The only reason" is a pretty significant reason when the entire bag debacle is based on the change of materials lol.
Giving influencers a nice looking bag to showcase the product people paid $200 while knowing it's actually not part of the thing you sell is false advertising in and of itself anyway so...

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"we couldn't source canvas so the bags had to be nylon"

"take these canvas bags for free btw our lovely content creators"

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or Bethesda defenders being too thick headed to realize that it's terrible PR to tell paying customers what they ordered was too expensive to make.

And yet being able to make a similar product to give out as free advertisement.

Did you even watch the video before you started fuming? I'm not the one being thick headed. I'm not defending Bethesda over the actual bag issue, and even called it disgraceful in the last thread.

It's a fucking backpack that came with a goodie bag. It literally has nothing to do with the collectors edition bag. Any link is just people trying to stir more controversy. And just how many do you even think they gave out? A dozen?

Hasn't Bethesda fucked up enough with the game without you guys conjuring outrage out of thin air?

BrianAltano

Verified
Feb 2, 2018
San Francisco, California
That's a backpack.

The collector's edition had a duffle bag.

I have zero interest in fucking with Fallout 76 in any capacity and the cheap ass duffle bag (and fairly broken game) they sold to fans was some nefarious, frugal bullshit.

But I question the judgement of some of you weighing in on anything related to this nearly entirely visual medium when y'all don't even know the damn difference between a duffle bag and a backpack.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
That's a backpack.

I have zero interest in fucking with Fallout 76 in any capacity and the cheap ass duffle bag (and fairly broken game) they sold to fans was some nefarious, frugal bullshit.

But I question the judgement of some of you weighing in on anything related to this nearly entirely visual medium when y'all don't even know the damn difference between a duffle bag and a backpack.

Many people here are aware of the difference. Did you read the thread or do you just want to pop off and call everyone dumb?

You can realise that these bags are different and also note that this is completely terrible from a PR perspective and it's a really bad look for Bethesda.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Did you even watch the video before you started fuming? I'm not the one being thick headed. I'm not defending Bethesda over the actual bag issue, and even called it disgraceful in the last thread.

It's a fucking backpack that came with a goodie bag. It literally has nothing to do with the collectors edition bag. Any link is just people trying to stir more controversy. And just how many do you even think they gave out? A dozen?

Hasn't Bethesda fucked up enough with the game without you guys conjuring outrage out of thin air?

Either Bethsada lied and really cheaped out on the materials like the initial customer service e-mail said which they threw under the bus or there's a shortage of canvas which they were somehow able to pull out of their ass and provide to influencers.

They're either lying or contributed to the great canvas shortage of 2018.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"we couldn't source canvas so the bags had to be nylon"

"take these canvas bags for free btw our lovely content creators"

To be fair to this point, the free bags are fake canvas.

Either Bethsada lied and really cheaped out on the materials like the initial customer service e-mail said which they threw under the bus or there's a shortage of canvas which they were somehow able to pull out of their ass and provide to influencers.

They're either lying or contributed to the great canvas shortage of 2018.

There actually was a cotton shortage which would lead to more expensive canvas production, that much is true. The free bags are polyester.

Does not excuse this at all, but I just wanted to share that.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a backpack.

I mean, it's not like the same canvas used for the backpacks could have been manufactured into duffle bags for the highest-paying customers. Nope, totally impossible.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Checked the first and last couple pages and didn't see a comparison of the actual IRL nylon bag. Any photos available?

plufim

Sep 29, 2018
I mean, it's not like the same canvas used for the backpacks could have been manufactured into duffle bags for the highest-paying customers. Nope, totally impossible.
Probably! Since there would be like an order of magnitude more collectors edition bags than influencer bags. Also this would have been done by a different department (advertisement) from a different budget at different stages in the games development.

And the influencer bag is not made of canvas either!

Ronnie

Alt-Account
Oct 31, 2018
So people who built a platform for talking directly to gamers get a better bag than the people who didn't .

And we are supposed to be outraged?

This is the gaming community, we're talking about. We get uptight if there isn't outrage every few hours about something.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
7zePcfH.jpg

Those are cotton ropes not nylon stop rubbing it in.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The situation was already bad and looked bad. This just makes it look worse. Again.
Granted this time it's retroactive, but I am impressed by how badly Bethesda has handled this.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
That's a backpack.

Oh dang I had no idea you posted here man, braaaap braaaaap

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i just wanted to say that as someone with zero interest in actually playing this game, following the news about it is very fun and exciting.

onanie

Oct 27, 2017
Bethesda has been very generous in providing us with so much free entertainment.

All other devs should be ashamed.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Off topic but is canvas really that expensive? I thought they were pretty cheap?

I would be pissed if this is how they treated my 200 dollar collector edition.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Off topic but is canvas really that expensive? I thought they were pretty cheap?

I would be pissed if this is how they treated my 200 dollar collector edition.

Well, it is one of the most common fabric materials, so no, it's not expensive or rare, which makes their 'material unavailable' bs even funnier.

Hopefully Bethesda finding this whole mess is worth it for their lying and cheapening out.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
I question the judgement of anybody that jumps into a text based forum while lacking the ability to read.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I think the OP would benefit from mentioning the actual bait-and-switch for paying customers; I was unaware of it until right this moment, so I thought the issue was just free stuff being given to influencers (which has been going on for ages).

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's a backpack.

Everyone knows it isn't the same bag. You're talking down to people but only making yourself look dense.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
That's a backpack.

I don't know what your point is. Regardless of what kind of bag it is, the irony is they either claimed that it was too expensive, or the materials weren't available. And they gave nice bags (similar to what was promised in the CE) away for free for good PR.

Also this is a duffle bag, that you can buy from Walmart for under $9. It is a real duffle bag. So everyone can know the difference. :)
Screenshot-20181203-175507-Chrome.jpg

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It seems like this whole fiasco is kind of going away which is a real shame, there are always overblown examples of fraudulent behavior, but this is an actual concrete example.