• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So this past week with AGDQ, our family had it up on our TV in the evenings for the entire week and really enjoyed it. My 18-month-old, in particular, liked most of the games that we were comfortable with him watching. Every now and then it'd be cool to put a stream up in the evening, but I really don't know who is appropriate since I've never really looked in that capacity before.

Do people have recommendations for streamers that are both family friendly and are good people?

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Closest one to "family-friendly" is Christopher Odd, who tries his best to keep swears in. An 18-month old might not like his game selection, though, and I actually have never watched his streams (just what he posts on Yotube, primarily Xcom stuff)

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Easy Allies. There's usually a stream every day, but it would depend on your timezone if someone would be on at that time.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
CohhCarnage is pretty family friendly, doesn't swear or anything anyway, which is about as family friendly as Twitch gets.

Stellar Drift

Jan 6, 2018
Sodapoppin is pretty family friendly /s.

But actually, although I've only tuned in a handful of time, Cohhcarnage (however you spell it) seems pretty calm and respectful and a pretty good dude. I don't remember hearing him swear at all. Maybe check him out? But at the same time I don't think he plays kid friendly games.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Aside from an occasional swear I think that Quill18 is generally a very friendly and nice person to watch stream if you don't mind it usually being PC strategy/simulation games.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
I like watching both LackAttack and darbian. They mainly speedrun/stream Zelda 1 and SMB1/2, respectively (though of course they also switch games pretty often). Both are really laid back, not vulgar, friendly streamers who are super good at their games and relaxing to listen to.

Deleted member 6436

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP does the game itself matter as well? I know plenty of streamers that you'd consider family friendly, but they might stream games like Dark Souls or other M-rated games.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yellow Killer Bee comes to mind. I remember looking her up when she was in the NWC and it stuck in my head that she's very insistent on being family friendly.

OP
OP
piratepwnsninja

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the suggestions so far everyone!

OP does the game itself matter as well? I know plenty of streamers that you'd consider family friendly, but they might stream games like Dark Souls or other M-rated games.

It's really on a game by game basis. The person matters more than the game since having multiple people followed will allow me to jump between if they're playing something that isn't appropriate.

Hupfen

Oct 27, 2017
I'll throw in a plug for my friend, Mystakin. Mainly does Mario speedruns and Rock Band drumming, and is way better at keeping his commentary clean than I am. (Although I stream a lot of violent games, so it'd kinda be silly for me to.)

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
So this past week with AGDQ, our family had it up on our TV in the evenings for the entire week and really enjoyed it. My 18-month-old, in particular, liked most of the games that we were comfortable with him watching. Every now and then it'd be cool to put a stream up in the evening, but I really don't know who is appropriate since I've never really looked in that capacity before.

Do people have recommendations for streamers that are both family friendly and are good people?
Tell me which system, which games for those system, and day/times and I'll see if I can put up what you're looking for. Either me or my teenage daughters. Watching my kids play tag in Halo is always funny lol.

Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
Wii U
Switch
PC
NES
SNES

are my main systems.

Deleted member 19024

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another vote for LackAttack24, darbian, and GameJ06. GameJ06 is easily the most entertaining from a commentary and game variety standpoint, Lack typically speed runs Zelda 1, Super Mario RPG, and Final Fantasy III (6) while Darbian basically speed runs SMB1. Both are incredibly fun batches of games to watch, especially since it's not uncommon for Darbian to grab the world record in whatever category he's running.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Raysfire is a great family friendly streamer. Mainly does Super Mario Sunshine but also mixes in a few things like Fortnite and Super Mario 64 occasionally.

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested to know too, not because I have kids or because I can't handle cursing. I can't stand try-hard douchelords being edgy for the sake of it.

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
YellowKillerBee for sure. It's her entire motif, and she is extremely kind, welcoming, and funny both on stream and IRL. Would highly recommend!

https://www.twitch.tv/yellowkillerbee

On a side note, I'm glad you liked AGDQ! This one was the third event I've gone to, and there are so many wonderful, kind, passionate people there who work really hard to make the event what it is.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Just check out the speedgaming channels on twitch. They do A Link to the Past randomizer tournaments, MM, MMX, Mario Odyssey, etc. All family friendly, all solid competitions and the fact that they do a lot of randomizers for games means there is a lot of variation to play.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
FalseSymmetry is one of the best Minecraft builders out there, and she streams a lot. Also plays other games, like Life Is Strange.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Mischacrossing. You may hear a cuss word every now and then, but she's wonderful and kind and entertaining. Plays mostly Nintendo stuff. Lil southern biscuit. Friend of mine, too.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DrDisrespect sucks, I won't quote other posters, but I highly disagree with their opinions. CohhCarnage is the man. He largely doesn't swear and he intensely gets into games. Definitely someone to check out.

RelaxedOtter

Oct 27, 2017
LethalFrag is really chill. Can't recall whether I've ever heard him curse at all, and doesn't get angry or shouty. Bonus is that you'll see his cats quite often! Game selection may not be the best for an 18 month old (Binding of Isaac, Super Meat Boy, FTL and some other games).

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cohhcarnage may be family friendly, but it really annoys me to no end, that he interrupts the game he is playing, to thank subs and donations. ( this feels like it happens each 5 mins )Dansgaming is really awesome, his sarcastic humor is spot on, but hes NOT family friendly :D

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I've never encountered a true family-friendly stream. There are no real regulations like in television. And no real consequences should someone shout some profanity in frustration.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I've never encountered a true family-friendly stream. There are no real regulations like in television. And no real consequences should someone shout some profanity in frustration.
I mean, if you're watching single streamers yeah, but there are a lot of good "professional" streams. Again, SpeedGaming has 4 twitch channels, and they are commentated on similarly to AGDQ and the like. Very family friendly, I watch the runs with my kids near daily.