Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/na...me-triggered-fight-1-needed-stitches-cops-say

- A family game night in Kansas seemingly went wrong when a violent argument broke out during a game of Monopoly, police said.
Investigators responded to a home in Kansas City late Friday, where a "victim got into an argument with his cousin during a game of Monopoly."
The cousin's girlfriend then hit the victim and "shoved him into a mirror," the Kansas City Police Department tweeted.
Had it been Spades or Uno, SWAT would have been needed
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Completely reasonable response. Monopoly is not meant to be taken lightly.

Oct 26, 2017
We went over to a couple's house one time to play and the game didn't even get started because they fell out arguing over who got to go which playing piece.

Aug 1, 2018
Completely reasonable response. Monopoly is not meant to be taken lightly.

My best friend in junior high ended up fighting another one of our friends over a game of Monopoly. The other friend was on the verge of winning and breaking my best friend's perfect record and he just lost it. It was crazy.

Oct 28, 2017
I once got into an argument with my cousin because he landed on my Park Place property and went bankrupt. He then argued that he is free to sell off his properties for free if he wants to others so that I don't get it. I argued that isn't fair since when a person goes bankrupt, the debt collector controls the liquidation of the debtor's assets.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Monopoly is a garbage game that highlights how bullshit pure Capitalism is.

It should not be played in pursuit of enjoyment.

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
I once got into an argument with my cousin because he landed on my Park Place property and went bankrupt. He then argued that he is free to sell off his properties for free if he wants to others so that I don't get it. I argued that isn't fair since when a person goes bankrupt, the debt collector controls the liquidation of the debtor's assets.

In real life, there is probably a legal way to protect some assets so that the debt collector cannot seize it.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been there.

I still remember my ex-girlfriend and her friend staring at me steely eyed as I held my hand out accepting their Boardwalk + Hotel rent monies. The grudge lasted well after the end of the game.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if most of these cases don't get reported. The only time I've had fun playing Monopoly after age 5 was when I was intentionally trying to make somebody lose (at my own expense) because he was taking Monopoly way too seriously.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Haven't played it since I was a teen, but every single game with my family and friends ended in nasty arguing. That game is cursed. Burn it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart can be pretty bad but Mario Party is truly deadly. I feel like that game encourages you to methodically target your friends and fuck them over instead of actually trying to win. It's a great time.
Yea, people always say mario kart but that's mostly just uncontrolled chaos and it's hard to figure out who screws over who. Mario party, especially the first 7 games is all about being evil.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I stand by my opinion that monopoly is one of the worst board games out there, at the very least the worst popular board game.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I don't think I've ever finished a game of Monopoly. What usually happens is that somebody gets Mayfair and then everyone else loses the will to live.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Came for what the first post delivered. Thank you!

Oct 29, 2017
I have no idea why Monopoly is as popular as it is given how incredibly protracted the game length can be and how fucking nasty it can get.

Countless hipster board games in recent years are far more fun, far simpler to learn, and don't result in fights.

Nov 17, 2017
Yea, people always say mario kart but that's mostly just uncontrolled chaos and it's hard to figure out who screws over who. Mario party, especially the first 7 games is all about being evil.
Yeah. Mario Kart is chaotic and you can only reasonably target whoever is in your direct vicinity. You're mostly just getting hit by everything. Even the most hated Blue Shell is unbiased and targets first place to even the odds.

Mario Party is like, "Hey, who do you want to kick in the crotch? I'll drive you over right now."