• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Back on the rise (5-4 4th) in my most important league with a come from behind victory against my arch rival and 2nd place leaguemate thanks to Marvin Jones. I've made some great trades this season (Tarik Cohen for Carson Wentz, Tyreek Hill for Devonta Freeman, Zeke for Mike Evans and Cohen which I traded back this week with Evans and Mixon for Zeke) that last one is a gamble. I have a very deep roster right now so just need a few lucky weeks and good gm moves. I have no one left on my team that I drafted except Zeke haha.

5-4 5th in my other league but team is slowly crumbling with Kareem Hunts poor games and some unlucky shenanigans but I believe I'll at least make the playoffs in the long run.

4-5 4th in my division in my espn league. Started 0-5 with some terrible injuries but somehow came back winning 4 straight but my team is a joke. My same record is good for 2nd place in the other division :(

Hitting week 10 already and on pace for 2 playoff runs this year. I've lost with a 13-1 team and won the whole thing with a 6-8 team. It's never over till it's over so don't give up folks!

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Want to pick up the Denver DST to play in tandem with NO DST. I have AJG, Hill, JuJu, Desean Jackson, Robby Anderson, Emmanuel Sanders and Sterling Shepard and I'm not sure which to drop.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Marvin Jones won me last week. I usually never get saved on a Monday night by a player I have in, but finally it did happen lol

Also, I give my condolences to all Mike Evans owners out there. What a terrible time for something like that to happen.

Oct 27, 2017
Davante Adams vs Bears
Kelvin Benjamin vs Saints
Corey Davis vs Bengals

Pick 1. I'm leaning towards Adams since his targets were super high last week, even if the yardage was low. Feel like the saints will shut down Benjamin and Davis is still coming back from injury

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Davante Adams vs Bears
Kelvin Benjamin vs Saints
Corey Davis vs Bengals

Pick 1. I'm leaning towards Adams since his targets were super high last week, even if the yardage was low. Feel like the saints will shut down Benjamin and Davis is still coming back from injury
For me is either Benjamin Or Davis. I'm done with Packers WRs for now..

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I think I'm going Davis for this week. His upside potential is enticing. Plus I'm facing the league leader, who is 8-1, so I need higher upside potential guys this week.

nasero

Oct 28, 2017
Can't decide if I want to pull the trigger. In PPR I have Golden Tate and I'm being offered Jay Ajayi.. I was told by someone else that if I do that they'll move me Brandin Cooks and Derek Henry for my Chris Hogan and Ajayi,

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide if I want to pull the trigger. In PPR I have Golden Tate and I'm being offered Jay Ajayi.. I was told by someone else that if I do that they'll move me Brandin Cooks and Derek Henry for my Chris Hogan and Ajayi,

So your options are: Tate/Hogan, Hogan/Ajay or Cooks/Henry?

I would do the first trade but not the second, keep Hogan/Ajay.

nasero

Oct 28, 2017
So your options are: Tate/Hogan, Hogan/Ajay or Cooks/Henry?

I would do the first trade but not the second, keep Hogan/Ajay.

I'm debating the second because I don't really need Ajayi I just feel I can flip him for Cooks. I don't need him because I have Melvin Gordon, Fournette and Hyde... my other receiver other than Tate is AJ Green (10man btw)

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating the second because I don't really need Ajayi I just feel I can flip him for Cooks. I don't need him because I have Melvin Gordon, Fournette and Hyde... my other receiver other than Tate is AJ Green (10man btw)
Oh, Hyde is a pretty good rb3 in PPR. I would try to get something better than Henry tho.

Been offered C. Davis and Lynch for AP.

Yay or nay?
This one is pretty close, I would only do it if you're struggling at WR.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one is pretty close, I would only do it if you're struggling at WR.

I was considering it but my only drawback is that Lynch is on a bye this week. AP is currently on my flex spot as I have Bell and Fournette. I just cannot afford a loss right now.

My WRs currently are Dez, Thielen, Hogan, T. Benj and Goodwin.

Right now I have Goodwin in for Hogan until he comes back with Dez and Thielen starting.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that feeling when you're making a playoff push for 3rd place in the conference and then you see that only 4 teams total make the playoffs, 2 per conference

welp, that'll about do it for me. also our playoffs are fucked, week 14 and 15 for round 1 and week 16 and 17 for round 2. I should have probably checked this out before we drafted..

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
My RB stable is thin: Bell, Buck Allen, Forte, Mack, Damien Williams.

Some dude in my money league really wants Forte. he's offering Jordan Reed + Frank Gore for him. He also made a separate offer for Brandin Cooks involving Reed but I turned it down.

Can't decide whether to try my luck and package Forte + Cooks and see if I can pry Christian McCaffery + Reed from him. Or if I should just take his Gore/Reed offer.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
My RB stable is thin: Bell, Buck Allen, Forte, Mack, Damien Williams.

Some dude in my money league really wants Forte. he's offering Jordan Reed + Frank Gore for him. He also made a separate offer for Brandin Cooks involving Reed but I turned it down.

Can't decide whether to try my luck and package Forte + Cooks and see if I can pry Christian McCaffery + Reed from him. Or if I should just take his Gore/Reed offer.

I'm a Reed owner and he has burned me all season so I wouldn't really recommend trading for him. He's rotting away a bench spot in 2 of my leagues and I have already moved onto Doyle/Clay/Brate. You should try to shop one of those guys for cheap if you can.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Team Week 1
7uFHHid.png

Team Week 10
7TZKW8H.png

What a ride

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Reed owner and he has burned me all season so I wouldn't really recommend trading for him. He's rotting away a bench spot in 2 of my leagues and I have already moved onto Doyle/Clay/Brate. You should try to shop one of those guys for cheap if you can.

I don't really care much about Reed - he's just a lottery ticket if he gets healthy during the playoffs - but he seems to be the price of admission. I don't trust Forte, Allen is likely about to drop off once Woodhead is back and Gore is boring but consistent. If Williams pans out, plus I have Mack, I at least feel a little more stability with my RB spots. Which is why I'm wondering if I throw in Cooks I can squeeze a real upgrade at the RB spot in instead.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Need some advice here...

I was just offered Gurley for Kareem Hunt and Danny woodhead...

My other RBs are McCoy and Darkwa.

I'm currently 8-1 in this league and my goal is to remain in first/second place so that I can take the bye and play in week 15. The reason I'm hesitant on this trade are the week 15 match ups. Prior history suggests that Gurley is not match up proof. He plays Seattle in week 15 and last time he played them, he scored 4 pts, which was the lowest of his season.

Can anyone convince me on why I should take this trade?

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Need some advice here...

I'm currently 8-1 in this league and my goal is to remain in first/second place so that I can take the bye and play in week 15. The reason I'm hesitant on this trade are the week 15 match ups. Prior history suggests that Gurley is not match up proof. He plays Seattle in week 15 and last time he played them, he scored 4 pts, which was the lowest of his season.

Hunt has a far far better playoff schedule. I would keep him if you're a lock for the playoffs.

But it's a gamble, since Gurley has been the better player for past 4-5 weeks. Still, if you're 8-1, I don't take that risk.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Hunt has a far far better playoff schedule. I would keep him if you're a lock for the playoffs.

But it's a gamble, since Gurley has been the better player for past 4-5 weeks. Still, if you're 8-1, I don't take that risk.

I think Hunt has a hard match up on week 16, but yeah I'll probably decline this.

The main thing that I've been working is somehow trying to secure Wentz (in a separate trade)

I've offered Hunt, Fitzgerald, and Mariota for him and Tyreek Hill. That means for my RB options in 15 and 16 I'd have to hope that Woodhead is making an impact so there's some risk there. Went has excellent week 15 and 16 match ups, but I guess it's probable that the Eagles will try to take him out a bit early to avoid injury if they're good for their playoff spot?

I also have AJ Green, Rashard Matthews and De Andre Hopkins. I'm mainly trade away Hopkins and Fitzgerald

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see any value in wood head since you probably wouldn't play him which would make it Gurley for Hunt straight up. Unless you are addressing a need I don't see why you would do that unless you could and can also get a WR or something.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the appropriate question now is- which WRs/QBs can I target for trading Fitzgerald/Hopkins?

I was eyeing Landry because he has the much better playoff schedule compared to Hopkins and Savage is horrid.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the appropriate question now is- which WRs/QBs can I target for trading Fitzgerald/Hopkins?

I was eyeing Landry because he has the much better playoff schedule compared to Hopkins and Savage is horrid.
I think Parker is the WR to own in Miami. Also, if you're trading away Hopkins, you should be able to get all the top QBs.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Need some advice here...

That's a tough one. Hunt has definitely trended down and has seen limited snaps for whatever reason but he's definitely still a top tier RB. Gurley has had an equally monster season and I think he's the better back at the moment fantasy wise. I'd still say its a wash. Its a matter of how much you believe in Woodhead returning to form. If your league is standard, I would consider the trade but if it's .5 or PPR, I'd stick with Woodhead and Hunt.

Your offer for Wentz/Hill is pretty good but of course it entirely depends on the other guy's situation as well not to mention he/she is basically making your already 8-1 team even stronger. But you would be rolling with McCoy/Woodhead the rest of the way?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
That's a tough one. Hunt has definitely trended down and has seen limited snaps for whatever reason but he's definitely still a top tier RB. Gurley has had an equally monster season and I think he's the better back at the moment fantasy wise. I'd still say its a wash. Its a matter of how much you believe in Woodhead returning to form. If your league is standard, I would consider the trade but if it's .5 or PPR, I'd stick with Woodhead and Hunt.

Your offer for Wentz/Hill is pretty good but of course it entirely depends on the other guy's situation as well not to mention he/she is basically making your already 8-1 team even stronger. But you would be rolling with McCoy/Woodhead the rest of the way?

I've cancelled thr Wentz/Hill trade and I'm now going heavy with trading Fitzgerald and Hopkins in a package. I'm including Mariota in there too if it involves a QB.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Goff or Stafford this week? Both have enticing matchups. I'm leaning Stafford since he gets the Browns at home.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Need some advice here...

I would not take the offer. You're set in the playoffs and be start looking ahead on players with good playoff schedule. Hunt's not too bad and Woodhead will be used a lot when he comes back. PPR?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I would not take the offer. You're set in the playoffs and be start looking ahead on players with good playoff schedule. Hunt's not too bad and Woodhead will be used a lot when he comes back. PPR?

Yes - I forgot to include that detail. We're ppr with each reception = .5 pts

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes - I forgot to include that detail. We're ppr with each reception = .5 pts

Woodhead is a PPR machine.

I'm assuming the person who offered you Gurley needs wins to get into the playoffs and is looking to trade away Gurley while his value is still good. He's ROS schedule is ugly. (Outside of week 17 vs Niners....)

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
If you have Zeke, you guys are seeking to trade him or hold? I've been getting bunch of offers, from doug martin straight up, to Funchess+rawls

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
If you have Zeke, you guys are seeking to trade him or hold? I've been getting bunch of offers, from doug martin straight up, to Funchess+rawls

If you got a real deal, I'd take it, but otherwise, why roll the 50/50 on a much worse player? I saw one deal on Reddit that was Kamara + Jags DEF. That's something to consider because you would get a guy who's good now, and a defense, and then be able to free up your bench of streaming DEF and arguably Cowboys bench runners. But like Funchess+Rawls? I'd rather just ride Zeke to whatever end he gets and make sure I secure at one of Alfred Morris / Rod Smith / DMC in that order.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
If you got a real deal, I'd take it, but otherwise, why roll the 50/50 on a much worse player? I saw one deal on Reddit that was Kamara + Jags DEF. That's something to consider because you would get a guy who's good now, and a defense, and then be able to free up your bench of streaming DEF and arguably Cowboys bench runners. But like Funchess+Rawls? I'd rather just ride Zeke to whatever end he gets and make sure I secure at one of Alfred Morris / Rod Smith / DMC in that order.

In my league of record I only have DMC, theres no chance to trade for Morris or Smith.

Got offered Ajay+D.Thomas+Mariota for Zeke+Diggs(or Alshon)+DMC.

Last edited:

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Which WR you like more this week? STD league

M Thomas vs BUF (dealing with ankle issue)
Thielen vs WAS (Diggs is back, so that's good)
Parker vs CAR (could just be garbage pts)

Oct 27, 2017
Matt Ryan or Stafford this week? I know the Stafford matchup against the Browns is sexy, but at the same time, I imagine it will become a blow out early, leading to more run plays. With Ryan, I think the game will be competitive and they may even get behind, forcing more throwing plays.

BankaiZaraki

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Matt Ryan or Stafford this week? I know the Stafford matchup against the Browns is sexy, but at the same time, I imagine it will become a blow out early, leading to more run plays. With Ryan, I think the game will be competitive and they may even get behind, forcing more throwing plays.
If memory serves me correct the Falcons are only averaging like 20 pts a game, far below their SB run last year. Also who are they playing this week? I would honestly still go with Stafford. Hes still capable of putting up 300 yards and 2 TD's before the half ha.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
I just turned my Zeke into Kareem Hunt. Might be a slight downgrade but I'll take it.

He even threw in Ertz and I accepted right away but I just didn't have the heart to go through with it. I also just traded for Gronk yesterday and its a 1 TE league.

Kareem is on bye this week and I don't want to drop anyone on my bench so I'll be playing against the last place team with no Flex :p

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
I just turned my Zeke into Kareem Hunt. Might be a slight downgrade but I'll take it.

He even threw in Ertz and I accepted right away but I just didn't have the heart to go through with it. I also just traded for Gronk yesterday and its a 1 TE league.

Kareem is on bye this week and I don't want to drop anyone on my bench so I'll be playing against the last place team with no Flex :p
Nice deal you got there. Can't believe he would've given you Ertz as well lol

Status
Not open for further replies.