• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

souppboy

Oct 25, 2017
Doom is a lot of things. One thing it definitely is not is a narrative focused game lol.

It most definitely is a narrative focused game. But to see it you have to be a narrative focused gamer. It's buried just like it was in the original Doom games. But to say it isn't is a total oversight of this wonderful world and lore that the game establishes

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fuck It. Pre ordered on PSN, even tho I have like 20+ games on my ps4 pro. I'm bad with money management ...

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Question: Far Cry 4 got really repetitive to me due to the crazy number of outposts to clear, is there less of that in this game and is any character progression tied to clearing them?

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Question: Far Cry 4 got really repetitive to me due to the crazy number of outposts to clear, is there less of that in this game and is any character progression tied to clearing them?

Not sure on outposts but there are no towers and pretty much all of the early impressions say how good and varies the side quests are.

Might be worth watching the Gamespot video

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/things-you-should-know-before-playing-far-cry-5/2300-6443311/

lorsel

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
pre-load on uplay just finished, hope i can play it with my radius fracture, at least i have some time left to recover :]

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Eh I already have a few games I'm playing but I could use a Montana wilderness vacation.

I'm in for Deluxe version digital, time to start the preload.

Deleted member 59

You earn attribute points each time you accomplish something (clear an outpost, rescue hostages etc) which can then be put towards unlocking skills. SO like 1 point might be earned destroying a monument, and you use that point to unlock better ammo capacity. Then you might get 4 for clearing an outpost and that can be used to unlock your parachute.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping I like this game! I haven't liked a big AAA ubisoft game, besides raymans, since Far Cry 1.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/far-...hly-on-the-pc-no-100-cpu-usage-no-stuttering/

Just found this. Seems very promising. Glad the stuttering of FC4 seems to be gone.

Wow I had to look twice. Somebody is using the same processor as me from years ago, the 6 core 4930k, to gauge performance on modern games. I don't think I've ever seen that.

On Ultra settings and at 1080p, our main test system (Intel i7 4930K (overclocked at 4.2Ghz) with 8GB RAM, NVIDIA's GTX980Ti, Windows 10 64-bit and the latest version of the GeForce drivers) was able to push a minimum of 72fps and an average of 85fps. Below you can find a video showcasing the build-in benchmark (do note that Shadowplay brought a small performance hit which explains why our minimum framerate dropped to 68fps).

Is anybody playing this on One X? Trying to decide between that version with HDR, fauxK, on my OLED vs the PC version at 1080p Ultra, but 60fps easy...

Oct 25, 2017

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Not sure on outposts but there are no towers and pretty much all of the early impressions say how good and varies the side quests are.

Might be worth watching the Gamespot video

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/things-you-should-know-before-playing-far-cry-5/2300-6443311/
This is the first thing I've seen of the game for a long time... I was under the impression it was a much more serious affair this time. This looked extremely jovial. Not that that's good or bad, but it's totally not what I was expecting.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Was leaning towards a day 1 purchase, and that benchmarking tool is kinda selling me on the game even more lol. Such soothing tunes amid the beautiful chaos!

Also thinking I'm gonna roll with PC, thinking/hoping I can maintain a solid 60fps with a 1080 and an I5 6600k @ 1440p. If not I'll just refund it and go with whichever console runs it better.

Are you talking about on max settings? I heard so much grief about AC: Origins performance but I have a 1060 and was able to maintain around 60fps at 1440p by turning down a few settings. I'm sure it still looked on par/better than a console and had a better framerate. I don't see why this is even a question with a 1080.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I thought I had no interest in this but this one seems to be very ambitious.
Is it still just a one time playthrough experience or did they shift to a "The Division" experience with items, stats, grinding, coop? The little part I read about it seems like it, can you compare it with something?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I thought I had no interest in this but this one seems to be very ambitious.
Is it still just a one time playthrough experience or did they shift to a "The Division" experience with items, stats, grinding, coop? The little part I read about it seems like it, can you compare it with something?

It is still a traditional single player story experience. There is 2 player co-op.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
took me 14hours on hard to completely clear one of the three major parts of Hope County, all objectives and side missions..and i am no super slow gamer. game should be long enough...

the story/main missions are really well done imo, as i said: most mature Far Cry yet

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I've just finished in 22 hours, without doing 50% of the side quests. That ending was fucking wild. I didn't expect that, at all.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still have the game pre-ordered but I watched that GameSpot video yesterday and to be perfectly honest, that turned me off more than on to the game. The main reason was the "perks" system replacing all of the crafting and skill tree from previous games and being tied to completing "challenges". The entire hunting, skinning of animals and crafting that's tied to this is all gone. Now, the animal skins are basically just loot since all you do with it is sell it. This change completely defeats the point and purpose of having animals in the game now. No reason for me to hunt animals unless it's required to complete a main/side quest. Simply disappointed with the decision to change this aspect.

As for the DLC, im expecting each one to be an average of 3 hours each, maybe less. The trailer for it says, get it, complete your objective and get out. That tells me that they will be short quick experiences. At least, that's how it sounds in the DLC trailer.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Just went all in on the PC gold edition for 10 dollars off at GMG, Had no idea it supported HDR so now i gotta decide if I want to play 80-100fps at 1080p on my 144hz gsync monitor with m/kb aiming with no HDR or locked 30fps at native 4k on my hdr enabled 55" 4k tv with a gamepad

Dubz

Nov 3, 2017
Los Angeles
This is my favorite Far Cry. I'm not sure I'd even call it a Far Cry.

I'm glad they got less serious, more over the top, and balls out with customization. The missions have all been really fun, and the character missions have all been really entertaining.

The game looks great on the Pro, but I may get this on PC when there's a sale to get that higher frame rate.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
took me 14hours on hard to completely clear one of the three major parts of Hope County, all objectives and side missions..and i am no super slow gamer. game should be long enough...

the story/main missions are really well done imo, as i said: most mature Far Cry yet

I've just finished in 22 hours, without doing 50% of the side quests. That ending was fucking wild. I didn't expect that, at all.

Awwww yes

Oct 27, 2017
Still have the game pre-ordered but I watched that GameSpot video yesterday and to be perfectly honest, that turned me off more than on to the game. The main reason was the "perks" system replacing all of the crafting and skill tree from previous games and being tied to completing "challenges". The entire hunting, skinning of animals and crafting that's tied to this is all gone. Now, the animal skins are basically just loot since all you do with it is sell it. This change completely defeats the point and purpose of having animals in the game now. No reason for me to hunt animals unless it's required to complete a main/side quest. Simply disappointed with the decision to change this aspect.

As for the DLC, im expecting each one to be an average of 3 hours each, maybe less. The trailer for it says, get it, complete your objective and get out. That tells me that they will be short quick experiences. At least, that's how it sounds in the DLC trailer.

I'm pretty sure hunting animals and selling their skins will provide a boost to buying gear/weapons throughout the game so that alone gives you a reason to go on hunts. I mean you can apparently find gear in the game from exploring and completing missions (prepper staches, etc) but being able to buy it is another direct method.

Feb 8, 2018
no way I'll play 2 Ubi Open World Titles back to back with only a short gap between them. While I have faith in their level design the setting doesn't do much for me. Only Series that can stay in U.S for me is GTA.
would be more interested if this was lets say some more experimental setting like modern South africa.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure hunting animals and selling their skins will provide a boost to buying gear/weapons throughout the game so that alone gives you a reason to go on hunts. I mean you can apparently find gear in the game from exploring and completing missions (prepper staches, etc) but being able to buy it is another direct method.

Yeah, true. I just miss the hunting and skinning of animals in order to craft my upgrades. I love crafting in games especially Far Cry. I can tell that Ubisoft decided to go in a completely different direction. Just have to see how it all plays out when I play it later this week.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As more and more beat it. Just the extra reminder we probably don't need but don't spoil the ending for others. Like any ending its going to be talked about but with so many people getting it early. Just figured I would throw that out there

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever preordered a digital code from Newegg before? The digital codes for Far Cry 5 are $10 off and was wondering when Newegg sends out their codes for preorders.