• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Not a bad thing in the least there is so much shit coming out. Good to space out titles.

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
Expected - wasn't it like 1 or 2 weeks before/after Rider's Republic. After seeing how Watch Dogs Legion seems to be caught in the shuffle, they probably didn't want another self-inflicted wound.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
This makes sense. They probably should have delayed watch dogs or assassin's creed too because they are quite clearly going to eat into each other's sales.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
If they can make this completely new and not like every other far cry game, they delay it as long as you want. I've only ever played Far Cry 3 and Primal, but that was enough .... 4 and 5 were both abysmal as mainline releases.

LoadRunner

Sep 19, 2020
I think I see a snowball starting. Devs have really been against it this year and 2021 could be the year of the delay.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I'm surprised no more games are getting delayed. There's like a thousand titles coming out between late October and early March, with next-gen cost + COVID times it's gonna be a slaughter.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the technical state of WDL, it's definitely for the best. Looking forward to it in any case, it's been a while since I played FC.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Immortals is pushed back into January and Prince of Persia is pushed into Feb or Mar. That would give their games some room to breathe.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
What was the point in even revealing it? All they showed was a CG cutscene and a date, zero in game footage was shown at all except for some bullshots that look fake as fuck.
They did the same thing with Gods and Monsters. Feels like scam of some sort...

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Makes me wonder how bad in shape Legion was if it got delayed from April 2020 to now and still launch half cooked. Wondering what's the situation with Far Cry 6 then.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
All companies are expected to have delays. There is no "miraculous Ubisoft can remotely work at the same rate as before."

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot this game existed.

But, yeah, with everyone working remotely, fucking everything is going to be constantly delayed I think. I wonder if we will actually stop getting far our release dates over the next year or two.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
It's really not unsurprising for Ubi to announce a delay roughly 6 months for initial intended release. R6:Q already was delayed once, no?

Selfishly I'm okay with this, gives a bit more breathing room for Valhalla.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Too many games out this year so the extra breathing room is welcome.

I am currently playing through 5.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Probably for the best. Having three huge open world games in one holiday season already seems like it was a bad move on their part - and Far Cry hitting just a few months after only perpetuates the problem.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
www.dsogaming.com

Far Cry 6 and Dirt 5 will support Ray Tracing Shadows & Variable Rate Shading

AMD has announced that Far Cry 6 and Dirt 5 will have real-time Ray Tracing effects via DirectX 12 Ultimate.

During the AMD keynote Godfall, Far Cry 6 and Dirt 5 are mentioned to have RT but nothing was said for next-gen consoles about RT and they are 60 FPS there. Will there be a 30 FPS mode with RT like Watch Dogs Legion for next-gen consoles?

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Really hard to keep track of release dates of titles next year. Was looking forward to this but can't say I'm surprised.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No, It Will be revealed soon since AMD will use this game to showcase the New cards.

You really think so?
They didnt use it during their presentation, why would they use it now when they cant really throw it in Nvidias face because the game isnt going to be here any time soon anyway?

On Topic.

I actually didnt have time for this game and in a weird way this is a good thing.

I liked the last numbered FarCry so i wanted to give this one a fair shake....will patiently wait, assuming it isnt swamped by other big titles at the same time.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Was meant to have come out in less than 4 months and we hadn't seen any gameplay lol, not surprising

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
Good. There's no way I would have been caught up on all the other massive open-world games already releasing in the next two months.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Bummer, it was the one of the Ubi three I was super hyped on, but if it needs more time so be it.