• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
Here's ours

powerup-gaming.com

Hands-on Far Cry 6 Preview – Football is Life - PowerUp!

If you're like me, stuck in lockdown and feeling despondent, you're probably watching Ted Lasso and enjoying the wholesome good times it depicts. Far Cry 6's protagonist, whether male or female, is named Dani Rojas and in spite of the grim circumstances they find themselves in, I couldn't help...

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Here's mine. Got about 4 hours with the game, and it's ridiculous. Taking a crocodile and an angry chicken into a government building to burn some documents while wearing a rocket-shooting backpack was probably the highlight...

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind if it's more of the same because I do find them fun with a partner. I'll probably get this down the line when Ubisoft games typically go on sale.

Silver9

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I like Far Cry. I don't have huge expectations but i think i am gonna have fun with it.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
I was interested in it from the theme but man... it kinda looks like shit. Gameplay and visuals all looking completely dated and samey. Maybe I'll get it if I end up really desperate for something new to play, but considering I only got a couple hours into Far Cry 5 I'm not optimistic. Dying Light 2 might end up being the better option for this kind of thing.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i didnt really listen to any of the videos, just skipped through, but they must have played this through streaming ,right? all the videos have strangely blurry IQ.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit at the map size! Yeah, I've tried Odyssey many times but this will be my FPS Odyssey, day one.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
i didnt really listen to any of the videos, just skipped through, but they must have played this through streaming ,right? all the videos have strangely blurry IQ.
Ben in the Easy Allies preview said that they did stream the game which explains why it looks visually wonky.

I honestly don't really know what the franchise needs to change. Far Cry 3 was one of those absolutely beloved games because it felt so fresh and fun at the time. Far Cry is still a ton of fun, but it's nowhere near fresh anymore. It needs a shakeup, but I don't know what that looks like

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Here's mine. Got about 4 hours with the game, and it's ridiculous. Taking a crocodile and an angry chicken into a government building to burn some documents while wearing a rocket-shooting backpack was probably the highlight...

How would you compare it to the previous games. Can't watch with sound at the moment but watching now.

I loved 3 at the time, but thought 4 +5 were average.

Is it more of the same?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Looks wayyyyy more my speed than FC5. I just wasn't into that setting at all, this looks way more exciting

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
The worst thing about the game for me is how it looks. The world feels like a game world and not one that actually exists. It's a combination of bad design, average animation and some blocky ass geometry.

It sucks because the setting is cool in theory. Also the sky boxes are awful. Look at this compared to like Forza 5. Crazy how dated Ubi games look nowadays.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Looks like the usual Far Cry game, but with more bells and whistles: more guns, more crazy companions, bigger map, new world mechanics (like returning checkpoints from FC2)

Looks cool but I'll probably wait for a sale

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Far Cry has become pretty weird tonally. Sometimes you have these super serious sequences with the dictator and his regime executing innocents and then the resistance fighters act and look more like they're from a music festival.

While Far Cry 3's story was hardly perfect it at least felt like there was a point to the tone

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so the best Far Cry since the 1st game?...the previews make it sound really good

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
How would you compare it to the previous games. Can't watch with sound at the moment but watching now.

I loved 3 at the time, but thought 4 +5 were average.

Is it more of the same?

Looks like 5 without the religious / backwoods hillbilly theme and now in a jungle. Big fat nope for me on this.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
This looks brilliant. Can't wait to see PC settings and max this thing out 4K/60. FC5 was a real looker on a decent PC.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft needs to realize that they need to implement fluid and fun fast traversal in all their open world games if they keep balooning their maps to these ridiculous sizes. Just Cause works since you are basically flying everywhere.

Oct 27, 2017
3 and 4 were really fun but something about Primal and 5 were really lacking and I just could not get into them at all. I definitely skipped New Dawn completely. The setting here looks cool but I might just be burned out on Far Cry.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a Far Cry since 4, and I'm liking the setting. I'll probably pick it up on a sale.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really wasn't a fan of 5.

The story was a whole lot of nothing, and the gameplay was just standard Far Cry.