• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Excellent news. Glad to see we're moving towards a release date. Loved all three seasons.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I just rewatched the movie Fargo yesterday (maybe the 20th time) and while I still think the shows are overall successful, I still believe there is something missing from the series. Both the show and the movie are at points funny, serious, suspenseful, quirk, and tragic. Each season of the show has a talented cast and a narrative that varies in its effectiveness depending on which season you're talking about.

To me at least (can't speak for anyone else), the movie is about how the seedier elements of the world can creep into and destroy a seemingly normal existence. The story should be simple and straightforward with relatable characters who make choices that either bring them at odds with this dark, nihilistic side of humanity or in league with it.

I don't really like the show involving so many parties like the mob or shadow organizations, what have you. I definitely don't like the introduction of elements that couldn't happen in real life. Fargo the movie was a stretch of a story that mirrored the affable personalities of the people you see on screen. There wasn't anything that couldn't happen.

I wish they would not try to one-up themselves and just take the series back to something very simple.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Character names on this show are always delightful:
JACK HUSTON as "Odis Weff"
JASON SCHWARTZMAN as "Josto Fadda"
BEN WHISHAW as "Rabbi Milligan"
JESSIE BUCKLEY as "Oraetta Mayflower"
SALVATORE ESPOSITO as "Gaetano Fadda"
ANDREW BIRD as "Thurman Smutney"
JEREMIE HARRIS as "Leon Bittle"
GAETANO BRUNO as "Constant Calamita"
ANJI WHITE as "Dibrell Smutney"
FRANCESCO ACQUAROLI as "Ebal Violante"
E'MYRI CRUTCHFIELD as "Ethelrida Pearl Smutney"
AMBER MIDTHUNDER (recurring) as "Swanee Capps"

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is intriguing.

So Season 5 to take place in 2019, and Season 6 to take place during the Depression?

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I've never seen this show but if Andrew GOD DAMN Bird is in it, then it's time to catch up.
Just FYI, each season has an entirely different cast and story, set in a different location and time. And the seasons are mostly disconnected narratively (though they all share common themes).

So you don't necessarily have to watch the first three seasons to prepare for season 4. But they're great, and if you're looking for something to watch, by all means, go for it.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That's great news. All of the first 3 seasons were fantastic. I'm still amazed at Martin Freeman's transformation in S1, it was Walter White style and great acting.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
will watch literally anything with ben whishaw in it, but it helps that this show is consistently really good (at least in my book)

Bengraven