• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The higher the paying job the longer they typically conduct the interview process. If you submitted your application on Monday and stopped smoking you'll be fine.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
They aren't looking for weed.

This is also possible.

Too bad it's probably not like my wife's old job. Before they did drug tests, they explained how long it took on average for drugs like pot and cocaine to leave your system...then they asked when she wanted to schedule the test. Oh finance. So silly.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
Google search the Certo Method. While nothing is guaranteed, I've gotten both of my recent jobs using this method, and I'm a daily smoker as well. But leave nothing to chance and stop smoking immediately. Exercise, go to saunas, sweat as much as you can.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Let me mention again a few things :)

First, thanks again for all the advice.

Second, under no circumstances will I be using synthetic urine. Ive stopped smoking for a week already and working out and staying hydrated.

Third, the test is realistically three weeks away, possibly a month away from today.

If i get the job and get tested and pass, I very likely will not be going back to weed as Ive found I dont miss it as much as I thought I did. If I get the job and take the test and fail, then thats all on me. I will dust myself off and move on. And very likely wont be smoking again.

I will post again when I have a proper update to give.
Grab some b-vitamin supplements specifically one with Niacin/Niacinamide to help get stuff moving through your system a little better. Drink lots of water and try to go pee a few times before your test.

haimon

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Only thing that needs to grow up are hiring practices in this country. Stupid as hell that you can't smoke some damn weed. Even with a medical card you aren't safe from these bullshit drug tests.
Well, in the end, life isn't fair.
You want the job, you do what needs to be done to get it and keep it.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
drug testing is trash

unless if it's like some super important job that requires the person to be absolutely sober 100% of the time then fuck drug testing

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Perhaps, and I'm just theorizing, if you're looking for work at a level that mandates drug testing to get the job, maybe making better life choices (or figuring out all the ways to game the system at least) well in advance would have been the prudent thing, given how utterly puritanical some employers (and members of society in general) are well-known to be?

I mean, the moment you start and continue smoking weed, you have to know what that means for some of your prospects in life if you can't figure out a way around it. The same way people with tattoos have to be conscious of it when clothes shopping for outfits that look good but still conceal their body art for interviews and/or the workplace, or the way that people with face piercings know that they need a way to mask or cover those holes in their face.

I hate to be blunt about it, but forward thinking really makes a huge difference and not exercising it in this case has really done you in.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the hell kind of job are you doing that are drug testing you?

Sounds like a massive invasion of privacy

Ogre

Mar 26, 2018
What levels of THC will get me popped on a test? Does the body naturally produce trace amounts of THC?

1.) It ranges depending on how strict a given lab sets the cutoffs, but basically 20-50ng/ml. If you smoke weed regularly, you are probably running ten times that much, at least.

2.) Not THC exactly, but we do produce sorts of analogues known as endocannabinoids.

Also, I know you are out OP, but the the rate THC is flushed out of your body has to do with your own metabolism. The variance in returning to non-detectable THC levels in regular smokers can vary quite a bit.

Hopefully, you are a fast metabolizer.

Tons of jobs do routine drug testing, though?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017

Where do you live? In the US all kinds of jobs drug test. Sometimes even retail positions do it. It's because of "drug free workplace" policies that give employers a massive discount on insurance.

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
OP you need to hire somebody who looks exactly like you to turn up to the drug test. First, obviously, you'll have to put them through a drug test to make sure they'll pass.
You'll need to put a wire on them so any conversations they have with would be co-workers or bosses go through you first otherwise you'll probably be caught.

Also, once this is all over, you'll have to kill them.
I'm sorry. It's not nice but it's necessary & really they should have expected it from the off so you're not really doing anything wrong.

Reply once this is done and I'll talk you through disposing of the body and coming up with an alibi.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tons of jobs do routine drug testing, though?

Where do you live? In the US all kinds of jobs drug test. Sometimes even retail positions do it. It's because of "drug free workplace" policies that give employers a massive discount on insurance.

I'm not from the US. I work a government job and would never in a lifetime agree to be drug tested. Above all, they would never ask. Workers have really strong rights here.

I also smoke most days too.

The idea that your applying for a job or even your own job could ask you to take a test seems insane to me.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I stopped smoking after graduating to get a job, was clean. Got a job, never got tested. Smoked for a week then got told I had to do a test by Monday, it was Thursday.

Tons of water, no fatty foods, and sweating. I had some at home drug tests (which you can and should buy from Amazon) I failed on Friday but passed on Saturday. I also took another Monday morning just to be sure.

It's in your system longer if you've been doing it chronically but the method is still the same. My dad smoked everyday and had three days to get clean and still passed. Buy some of those tests so you can track your progress. Once youre passing don't waterlog yourself too much or your sample may not be counted, and eat a steak the night before the test so there's creatine in your pee.

Also, pee at least 4-5 times the day of the test before your sample pee. And fill the cup mid stream, not beginning. Good luck.

Ogre

Mar 26, 2018
I'm not from the US. I work a government job and would never in a lifetime agree to be drug tested. Above all, they would never ask. Workers have really strong rights here.

I also smoke most days too.

The idea that your applying for a job or even your own job could ask you to take a test seems insane to me.

I mean, yeah, absolutely. But we also have the War on Drugs still going on, so, here we are. Of course, even some of our big unions agree to drug testing. Anti-drug sentiment is culturally strong as a whole, even if functionally, drug tests are usually specifically aimed at marijuana use.

We can't all be Portugal.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
OP you need to hire somebody who looks exactly like you to turn up to the drug test. First, obviously, you'll have to put them through a drug test to make sure they'll pass.
You'll need to put a wire on them so any conversations they have with would be co-workers or bosses go through you first otherwise you'll probably be caught.

Also, once this is all over, you'll have to kill them.
I'm sorry. It's not nice but it's necessary & really they should have expected it from the off so you're not really doing anything wrong.

Reply once this is done and I'll talk you through disposing of the body and coming up with an alibi.
Check your PMs.

JohnisJohn

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i Would buy some cheap drug tests on amazon and start running and hyradrating up. Green tea seems to be helpful as well. Also don't give your first pee of the day. You should be fine in a couple of weeks if not sooner

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just stop man. Don't let weed fuck your money up, spark up again a week after getting the job.

If you are still wary that its not out your system by the time it needs to, you can go to a smokeshop to get system clearing drinks. I'm warning you ahead of time, prepare to endure a violent bout of diahhrea.

Chadtwo

Oct 29, 2017
You smoke daily and will quit cold turkey?

Yeah, good luck with that.

I've done this many times for jobs and internships, and in my experience it really isn't difficult. Not asking in a judgmental way, but are you saying this because you smoke weed and have found it to be hard to quit (there are definitely people who this is true for, so again not judging), or because you believe it is addictive as a nonuser?

Anyway, water can absolutely work if used in conjunction with some form of Vitamin B (this makes your urine yellow, eliminating one of the immediate red flags of the dilution method) and creatine, which adjusts your creatinine levels (eliminating the other major red flag of dilution). I would not rely on detox kits, most of which are at best overpriced and at worst ineffective.

How much do you weigh? Most of the studies that say it takes a month+ for your urine to show up clean are from the 80s and use an outdated methodology -- most recent ones have it at about 1-2 weeks for heavy smokers. I've peed clean after daily smoking in about 10 days, although I am thin as a rail.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
You sure it's not a hair test? In my industry (petroleum engineering) they always hair test, even for internships. It's why I haven't smoked since freshman year of college 10 years ago.

bonch00ski

Oct 25, 2017
one time a friend asked for my clean piss, so I filled up a diet Pepsi bottle and had it next to me while I was waiting for him to stop by.

I mistakenly thought the piss filled bottle was actually diet Pepsi.

needless to say I ran from one end of my house to another with piss in my mouth so I could spit it out.

never holding clean piss for someone again

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
You smoke daily and will quit cold turkey?

Yeah, good luck with that.
I don't know anyone who has quit smoking weed who hasn't done it cold turkey. The first day or two will be slightly annoying, mentally, especially if you use it as a crutch for bed-time. After that, the temptation pretty much ceases to exist unless you're extremely bored and you have ready access to the stuff or are around people who are doing it.

I find the easiest way to quit is to get rid of all your shit (including your pipes if you aren't too financially invested), and then take a weekend trip somewhere new with nothing to toke on. You'll forget about wanting to smoke pretty quickly with the trip as a distraction and you'll be ween'd off the worst of the side effects of quitting by the time you're home.

Chadtwo

Oct 29, 2017
It's pot, not heroin. There are literally zero physical withdrawal symptoms.

While I agree that quitting pot after daily use generally isn't difficult at all, in his/her defense something doesn't have to induce physical withdrawal to be extremely difficult to quit -- I can comfortably say my last roommate was addicted to weed, to the extent that he failed a drug test simply because he found it too hard to stop smoking and quit like 1-2 days before, with complete knowledge of when he would be tested. The whole time he wasn't smoking he was complaining about it.

Also FWIW it's not clear at all that there are "literally zero physical withdrawal symptoms" to weed IIRC. You're certainly not going to be running a fever or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure you're definitely gonna be more irritable/anxious and probably find it harder to sleep for a bit. I've also heard increased saliva production occurs, although I'm not sure if that's true or not (and that's not an obviously *negative* effect, either).

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What would happen if you told them you inhaled second hand smoke recently? Would they let you reschedule the test or just say you're out of luck?

Chadtwo

Oct 29, 2017
What would happen if you told them you inhaled second hand smoke recently? Would they let you reschedule the test or just say you're out of luck?

I'd imagine they'd say he/she's SOL, considering if you were truly a nonsmoker and inhaled second hand, it would show up in your urine for maaaybe a day.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
While I agree that quitting pot after daily use generally isn't difficult at all, in his/her defense something doesn't have to induce physical withdrawal to be extremely difficult to quit -- I can comfortably say my last roommate was addicted to weed, to the extent that he failed a drug test simply because he found it too hard to stop smoking and quit like 1-2 days before, with complete knowledge of when he would be tested. The whole time he wasn't smoking he was complaining about it.

Also FWIW it's not clear at all that there are "literally zero physical withdrawal symptoms" to weed IIRC. You're certainly not going to be running a fever or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure you're definitely gonna be more irritable/anxious and probably find it harder to sleep for a bit. I've also heard increased saliva production occurs, although I'm not sure if that's true or not (and that's not an obviously *negative* effect, either).

You're right- I shouldn't have said there are zero physical withdrawal symptoms. Some people do get more irritable and have their sleep patterns disrupted for a few days.

With that said- anyone unable to quit long enough to pass a screening for a job opportunity has bigger problems than missing out on that job and probably needs to seek counseling or something. Next to zero willpower is required to take a pause on smoking pot as compared to damn near any other drug/vice I can think of.

Chadtwo

Oct 29, 2017
You're right- I shouldn't have said there are zero physical withdrawal symptoms. Some people do get more irritable and have their sleep patterns disrupted for a few days.

With that said- anyone unable to quit long enough to pass a screening for a job opportunity has bigger problems than missing out on that job and probably needs to seek counseling or something. Next to zero willpower is required to take a pause on smoking pot as compared to damn near any other drug/vice I can think of.

Oh, agreed. As a daily smoker even I would look at my roommate and think "geez dude this is pretty pathetic." He definitely does not represent the norm.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Meth should speed up your metabolism and only be in your system for a few days

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Seriously though, about the poppy seed bagels.

Couldn't you eat one, and then bring another one with you for lunch?
And when they go "Dude, that shit get's detected!" and you go "Oh no, I didn't know!"

And then you reschedule.

Weasel out of it.

Seven4sses

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You can pull a workaholics and pee on all the urine cups so everyone turns up positive :)

Sweating it out is the best way to do it. I don't trust the tamper kits because most of the places I know take the results to LabCorp or some other lab. I don't know if they can detect that stuff when they review the samples, but I wouldn't wanna risk it. The longest it took for me to be clean was three months, but I'm a fat guy so it takes much longer for me. Honestly that's the only way to beat the system.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Only thing that needs to grow up are hiring practices in this country. Stupid as hell that you can't smoke some damn weed. Even with a medical card you aren't safe from these bullshit drug tests.

You might be protected in Massachusetts whose state supreme court recently decided that medical marijuana use is a reasonable accommodation to expect from an employer for a handicap, but I'm not entirely sure how safe a state supreme court ruling is.

Most state courts say they can't force an employer to keep an employee for breaking federal law, even if it is medically required.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, about the poppy seed bagels.

Couldn't you eat one, and then bring another one with you for lunch?
And when they go "Dude, that shit get's detected!" and you go "Oh no, I didn't know!"

And then you reschedule.

Weasel out of it.

You would just test positive for two drugs then. It's not like these are just Pass/Fail. They tell you what they detected.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Just keep doing what you're doing, and you should be fine. Get an at home test a week before they test you and see whether to ramp up working out and stuff or keep on. I had a friend go from smoking every day to passing a test in less than a month by working out a lot and drinking lots of water, so you should be fine doing what you're doing. Just don't drink a bunch of water the day of cause that can be considered diluting urine, and is a fail in some cases.

They aren't looking for weed.
That's a possibility, but not guaranteed. Some jobs are in fact looking for weed. Particularly those that rely on federal funding. It's not something to risk a job over one way or another.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My old roommate got around a piss test using a drink kit from his head shop ($60 10 years ago). He drank a big bottle of stuff 2 hours before the test, pissed a few times and then drank another bottle and had to hold the pee in. He was a HEAVY daily smoker and passed the piss test no problem. I think worst case w/ those kits is your piss is too diluted and they make you take it again but that would be some more time to let it get out of your system.

mittelos

Oct 27, 2017
OP, if you are going to try the "stop smoking, drink a bunch of water and work out route" be sure to get some urine test strips cheap from Amazon and test yourself BEFORE daring to go to the real thing. You will likely fail your self test at which point you enact Plan B, which is having either synthetic urine or a clean sample from a friend you are 100% sure is clean ready to go. If you have used everyday for some time, these days with most everyone using medicinal grade, 30 days or a month rule of thumb no longer applies. My last 2 job changes, I was on day 60 of being clean and still failing the urine strip tests and ended up using clean samples from friends.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I had a hair test before my job and it took 2.5 months before I was confident. I also purchased a hair test from a local provider to check prior, about 100 bucks.

They also did mouth swabs to cover 7 most recent days the hair test doesn't cover.

You cannot beat a hair test. It is impossible. You have to wait 7 days after your last use, shave your head hair down and then grow clean. Hair grows 13 millimeters a month. Usually they required 38mm or 1.5 inches for test.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
With changing laws on marijuana being legal in a number of states and countries, how will those tests even remain legal for long?

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do those tests also check for alcohol or is it just hypocrisy all the way?

With changing laws on marijuana being legal in a number of states and countries, how will those tests even remain legal for long?

Are those tests about legality of substances or rather that they don't trust a person who does substances to do this job (which may be a reasonable thing to do if said job can put other people in danger)?