• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I already planned to use those for Lartoria Laltria NP battery skill, so I'll have to hope the hearts node is generous.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You talked me into it.

(30 free SQ and 2 tickets later)

VbjwMww.jpg

O-oh....not today I suppose.

My condolences. Everyone gets Fionned at some point.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Who knows when I'll feed Fionn an ember card. Proudly sitting at level 1.
I don't have it either, but I'm running the 40 node just because I'd like to make some progress toward getting the last two shop CEs.
Honestly the difference is not that large and can be quickly covered with the second week farming.

Yeah, okay, I decided to do the same after all. Makes farming a lot easier. *breath of relief*

Apparently, it's more efficient to not buy the gold currency CEs from the shop, at least at this point, anyways. Guess I'll buy Nobu's ascension mats, instead.
Thanks for the warning. I was about to buy at least one gold currency Guda-O, but I'll do that later then.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Barring supports I'd say say cu alter is the single best unit in the game.

I concur. I never even had Cu Alter on my radar til I pulled him trying to get Helena. Now hes probably my favorite Servant (gameplay wise anyway, Iskandar still has my heart aesthetically). Grailed, NP boosted all that jazz.

He is so incredibly broken on bosses I actively try to avoid using him too often because he mows them down every time. Even cheesy stuff like Camelot final boss tends to not work on him with just his own skill set, so when you throw in support characters like Mash and the other usual Caster suspects you get the most reliable 5* you could ever want for whatever you want.

Sure, he's not a great efficiency farmer for dailies or whatever...but c'mon. Just about any AOE servant works for that, including 4*s. When new chapters and challenges come around in harder content he get requested from my support lineup almost as often as my maxed out Merlin, cause my friend list knows what's up.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Farming servants actually matter more for event farming. You can use Arash, Spartacus and Bunyan for every door and hands but event farming and even material farming, that's where farming servants really shine.

So yeah, basically even if I get cu alter I would be using him for 1% of content at most. Servants that are specifically built for challenges are bad value in a game like fgo. Even if I just want a big ST damage for one of the waves an NP5 3 star will do the job and is way better value, not to mention the NP5 welfares. It's why I still use ushi.

Last edited:

qon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like having Jalter diminishes the need to have Cu Alter for frontline purposes. Or at least, that's what I tell myself so I can avoid getting APEX'd.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Looking at the future, I don't know who to grail after grailing best boy Dante. Maybe Illya, as she has magical girl bias with her, or maybe my Archuria as she is the reason why I got into this series.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the future, I don't know who to grail after grailing best boy Dante. Maybe Illya, as she has magical girl bias with her, or maybe my Archuria as she is the reason why I got into this series.
Grailing for love is always the best bet, imo, since it makes the servants you wish to use the most more viable in fights.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
My grails are saved for

Ishtar rider (dunno if I should go 90 or the full 100 like her Archer form)
Bunyan
Okado izou

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
There's no real general rules for how much of a stat boost a servant gets from each level up after being grailed, is there? I know it's a linear scale and obviously higher-rarity servants will get more, but outside of that I suppose the numbers vary slightly in each case?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Cu Alter is useful as fuck. He's on par with Herc in terms of backup units, and he doesn't need to be bond 10 to do it unlike Herc. I will say that Cu Alter's Bond 10 is super useful though (boost NP strength and give 1 Guts).

Once I finish off Raikou with the next Guda event, I'm grailing Cu Alter next.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Looks like I can ascend both Cu Alter and level up Lartoria Laltria's NP battery skill since the next gudaguda event and CCC event both give hearts

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Farming servants actually matter more for event farming. You can use Arash, Spartacus and Bunyan for every door and hands but event farming and even material farming, that's where farming servants really shine.

So yeah, basically even if I get cu alter I would be using him for 1% of content at most. Servants that are specifically built for challenges are bad value in a game like fgo. Even if I just want a big ST damage for one of the waves an NP5 3 star will do the job and is way better value, not to mention the NP5 welfares. It's why I still use ushi.

You aren't wrong in that farming servants end up being used more, but there's also a lot more leeway for the attack servant you can use so you can pick whoever you want and do good. The only reason I stopped using Iskandar for farming everything was because he's bond 10, so now I use Cleo or Ishtar with the same results. A lot of people use Raikou or Mordred or Drake or Karna or whoever but with Plugsuit and Merlin to a second Waver it really ends up having the same result as long has you have a CE with NP charge on it, we've gotten a lot of those by now via events. Same with a 4* if they are merged, I throw in Marie or Emiya for fun too.

You can have a lot of fun with Arts Team refill memes and Surfdred/Squid girl for the same general result Ive been told but I don't have TamMaeTo so I wouldn't know from experience.

Compare that to Cu Alter who I can throw at any boss for the foreseeable future with no prior reading and walk away smelling fresh n clean and the appeal is infectious. Very few ST servants come anywhere close, and they more often than not require more specific servants or CEs many may not have.

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's all a moot point now since his rate-up is over, and he won't get focus again outside of class/singularity banners for a long while. I'll have to make do with Herc and Ibaraki.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Ibaraki is really good as a frontline berserker, she has been part of my main team until bond 10, and I still deployed her in Shinjuku.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Grailing for love is always the best bet, imo, since it makes the servants you wish to use the most more viable in fights.
I do grail for love, otherwise I wouldn't have grail best daughter Nursery Rhyme to 100. Same goes for Dante in the future, as I adore 'The Count of Monte Cristo' book. I guess with Artoria I'm hesitant thatI may get saber version in the future.
tAPJPEyh.jpg

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Ibaraki is so good. I also use her on the back line with a Kscope to come in and finish the job a lot.
I usually keep her in the backline with Kscope and plugsuit if I know I'll need to "surgiucally" remove a threat in coming wave or keep in the front row with volumen, usually more of the latter as the former is rarer.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I threw 4 tickets at the current Okita banner with no results, but that was to be expected. I have Saberlot NP2 so I'm not really hurting for a ST saber.

I seriously can't decide what to roll for this year... all of the servants I like are AoE focused.

From a purely gameplay standpoint, who's better, Raiko or Kiara? I can't decide between those two. There's also Nero Caster but I'm not really a fan of hers to be honest.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I threw 4 tickets at the current Okita banner with no results, but that was to be expected. I have Saberlot NP2 so I'm not really hurting for a ST saber.

I seriously can't decide what to roll for this year... all of the servants I like are AoE focused.

From a purely gameplay standpoint, who's better, Raiko or Kiara? I can't decide between those two. There's also Nero Caster but I'm not really a fan of hers to be honest.
Prob raiko for farming.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't grailed anybody. Trying to level up my entire roster before I make any decisions. Tamamo deserves some but grails don't improve her anymore. Arash and Hans will get a handful for further usability. Cu may well get brought to 100 for imitating Honako Green memes. Emiya deserves level 90. Jalter or MHXA will get to 100 for Unlimited Powah!

A buddy I talked into FGO got Ozy early on. Ozy was grailed to 100 as soon as possible solely due to JoJo references. Still not max skilled....

Raikou is better, especially right now in NA. She's one of the best farmers if you have some way of filling her np. With active skills, she can nuke a huge number of servants too. Kiara is good but I'd wait if there's another Alter Ego you like more.

qon

Oct 25, 2017

Kiara takes a lot of work to get good. I've frequently heard that before her strengthening she needs NP2 and MLB Black Grail to do any damage. She's stuck with all the downsides of the Alter Ego class like being resisted by all Knights and a 1.5x bonus on "good" nodes. Between her and Raikou, Raikou seems better by a lot.

On Nero Caster, she's one of the best farming casters but Raikou should be more flexible as a Berserker.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
For the four star ticket coming out in July does anyone know if it is time limited, or if we can saved it up for the future?

I know the character pool won't change, but I may want save it in case I fail pulling for summer Nero.

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
For the four star ticket coming out in July does anyone if it is time limited, or if can saved up for the future?

I know the character pool won't change, but I may want save it in case I fail pulling for summer Nero.
Actually, I completely forgot that was part of the 10M Downloads campaign in late September and not the anniversary in July, so that'll be in-between this year's Nerofest and the Halloween rerun, well after the summer event is over. It'll only be valid for about a week after they give it out.

I'm not sure what number milestone they're going to have to figure out for us to have the campaign in the same spot, though.

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Depends what you want, because asking who is better from a gameplay standpoint is a pretty ambiguous question in this game. If you want an event farmer then Kiara is better (well more like viable when Raikou isn't if you want to use event CEs). If you're looking at someone for story missions then Raikou probably edges it for crit potential, but Kiara doesn't take 2x damage from everything so again it depends what you want. Kiara also has 1.5x damage against rulers which is kind of her niche among the alter egos.

Don't forget that we get one of the best alter egos in the game this year as a welfare, so if you want Kiara just for having an alter ego then you don't need to pull. But seeing as you mentioned her specifically instead of Melt then I assume you either like her or are talking about farming.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I threw in a few tickets to try for the Poster Girl CE. No Poster Girl CE. Rainbow sparks though and...Okita. NP2 it is! This is my first bit of luck since the first release of Raikou (and my double 5* anniversary pull, I guess).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's the desire sensor at work. I wasn't even aiming for Okita NP2, not that I didn't want it but I was mostly going for the Poster Girl CE. Needless to say, when I saw the sparks I was surprised, and since I didn't see the loading before, I kind of suspected it was someone I already had. I was worried it'd be another Waver spook, but thankfully the Saber card showed and it ended up being Okita.

I guess she really wanted to join my Chaldea again, since the Servants you get with tickets are supposedly the ones that really love you. I love you back, Okita.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Depends what you want, because asking who is better from a gameplay standpoint is a pretty ambiguous question in this game. If you want an event farmer then Kiara is better (well more like viable when Raikou isn't if you want to use event CEs). If you're looking at someone for story missions then Raikou probably edges it for crit potential, but Kiara doesn't take 2x damage from everything so again it depends what you want. Kiara also has 1.5x damage against rulers which is kind of her niche among the alter egos.

Don't forget that we get one of the best alter egos in the game this year as a welfare, so if you want Kiara just for having an alter ego then you don't need to pull. But seeing as you mentioned her specifically instead of Melt then I assume you either like her or are talking about farming.

Yeah, I'm mostly talking about farming (and I don't like Melt anyway, so there's that), I was asking mostly because of what you pointed out, Kiara has a 50% NP battery while Raikou is practically forced to have a Kscope on her... which I don't have. I've tried support Raikou and I've had her die on me before being able to fire her NP due to bad luck/crits which made me stop using her altogether. The thing that worries me about Kiara is her NP damage being arts and having no interlude.

It's the desire sensor at work. I wasn't even aiming for Okita NP2, not that I didn't want it but I was mostly going for the Poster Girl CE. Needless to say, when I saw the sparks I was surprised, and since I didn't see the loading before, I kind of suspected it was someone I already had. I was worried it'd be another Waver spook, but thankfully the Saber card showed and it ended up being Okita.

I guess she really wanted to join my Chaldea again, since the Servants you get with tickets are supposedly the ones that really love you. I love you back, Okita.

There we go, you had a slump with Merlin but you sure recovered fast, grats!

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The card type of NPs don't actually effect their damage. Its damage modifier is independent from that.

If anything arts is good because they give you NP refunds. Buster NPs are only really good because Merlin or if you can Buster brave chain from it.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I would pull harder for Okita after taking her on runs for the event since she is such a crit monster. But man do I have a ton of sabers in my box that I really don't need her atm. My priority is Raikou and Summer Raikou so all SQ need to go to them. Its been hard keeping my discipline each time I go to do the free FP summon with all the banners.

Especially for Alter Emiya and the rate up on Karna and Waver the other days. But I have to hold strong!

Icarian

May 9, 2018
The card type of NPs don't actually effect their damage. Its damage modifier is independent from that.

If anything arts is good because they give you NP refunds. Buster NPs are only really good because Merlin or if you can Buster brave chain from it.

Oh I know that, it was more of there not being an arts equivalent for Merlin/Skadi (yet)

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Rider node is one of the good farming nodes right?
I threw in a few tickets to try for the Poster Girl CE. No Poster Girl CE. Rainbow sparks though and...Okita. NP2 it is! This is my first bit of luck since the first release of Raikou (and my double 5* anniversary pull, I guess).
Grats dude. NP2 really helps her a lot considering her aim is to spam her NP.
Yeah, I'm mostly talking about farming (and I don't like Melt anyway, so there's that), I was asking mostly because of what you pointed out, Kiara has a 50% NP battery while Raikou is practically forced to have a Kscope on her... which I don't have. I've tried support Raikou and I've had her die on me before being able to fire her NP due to bad luck/crits which made me stop using her altogether. The thing that worries me about Kiara is her NP damage being arts and having no interlude.
If that's the case then I personally think Kiara is a better choice. Farming with Raikou pretty much gives you the same options as farming with say Kiyohime. Kiara gives you a new weapon for event farming, and while it's only 1.5x damage she hits 3 (well 4) classes so with the 50% charge she's a good investment in regards to how much use you can get out of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.