• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, at this point it really seems like they either did not get that much pulls on arthur the first time that they decided it was not worth the effort of doing new servants, or that they simply don't care.

At least the 2019 Dantes CE looks good.

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Wut? I thought this years Chaldea boys CEs had incredible art. Serioualy they consistantly have the best looking CEs.

We want servants not pretty CEs of dubious quality gameplay wise! We've gone from three new servants (5*, 4* and a 3*) to one 5* to one costume.

The gacha doesn't even have limiteds on it (aside from crime grandpa).

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Man why is Tsukihime so damn long. Is it really worth my time going through all of it? Type Moon fan boys hype it up so much though.

Also I wonder why we haven't got a Tsukihime servant in FGO as of yet. I mean
Arcueid was in Extra
At least the 2019 Dantes CE looks good.
Unfortunately it's the only one that looks good. Dance with the rounds is ok but the rest just seem to lack effort.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I love these ones too.

gainenreisou_07.png

gainenreisou_04.png

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
REMINDER: It is now Assassin gem day. If you didn't get Archer gems and satisfy the Master Mission that way, it is time to farm Assassin gems.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised at how hard people are going after Arthur. Character wise he's kinda bland and husbando wise he's pretty much the most generic "nice guy on the football team" ever.
I wanted him because his NP is cool. To have both Merlin and Saber's VA in the same NP is nice.

Also: "Seal thirteen. Decision Start! Approved. Bedivere, Gareth, Lancelot, Mordred, Galahad. THIS IS A BATTLE TO SAVE THE WORLD! ARTHUR. EXCALIBURRRRRRRRR!!!!!"

I dunno I like it.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I do find it funny that they kept all mention of Prototype's heroine in the room lines, because they were outright removed and change the very next year, in JP server, when Nasu realized that no one cares about that pairing.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I wanted him because his NP is cool. To have both Merlin and Saber's VA in the same NP is nice.

Also: "Seal thirteen. Decision Start! Approved. Bedivere, Gareth, Lancelot, Mordred, Galahad. THIS IS A BATTLE TO SAVE THE WORLD! ARTHUR. EXCALIBURRRRRRRRR!!!!!"

I dunno I like it.
I like the NP chant as well, only reason I'd roll for Arthur tbh, besides it's kinda hilarous hearing him proclaim in a solemn way he's using Excalibur to save the world when he's just killing hands or grinding mooks

Edit:

in this video his NP is pretty epic, also the reason I'm tempted to roll for him

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I like the NP chant as well, only reason I'd roll for Arthur tbh, besides it's kinda hilarous hearing him proclaim in a solemn way he's using Excalibur to save the world when he's just killing hands or grinding mooks
We can all help save the world in our own small ways.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017

Edit:

in this video his NP is pretty epic, also the reason I'm tempted to roll for him

Wow Arthur's NP and animations are a million times better than Altria's lmao

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is NP chant is great, it's a shame about his gameplay though.

His armor design also really does it for me too. His art is also super clean, but not in a bland way.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Eh you know what, he has a 20% battery and a man's burst, that makes him good enough for 90% of the game.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Well half ap hands has been a success so far. Got a ton of servants leveled. Annoying ran out of mats so couldn't take Emiya and Medusa the whole way in preparation for Gudaguda rerun. I'll have to stock up on XP and get the mats early on.
I do find it funny that they kept all mention of Prototype's heroine in the room lines, because they were outright removed and change the very next year, in JP server, when Nasu realized that no one cares about that pairing.
I mean, does anyone genuinely care about any pairing in Fate? They've all been pretty bad and/or forced.
Eh you know what, he has a 20% battery and a man's burst, that makes him good enough for 90% of the game.
I see no lies here.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well half ap hands has been a success so far. Got a ton of servants leveled. Annoying ran out of mats so couldn't take Emiya and Medusa the whole way in preparation for Gudaguda rerun. I'll have to stock up on XP and get the mats early on.
I mean, does anyone genuinely care about any pairing in Fate? They've all been pretty bad and/or forced.

I see no lies here.
Enough at the time to create Last episode at least, but now with FGO trying to make it so that so many servants have ship tease for the cardboard cutout player character to project into, probably not.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Depends on who they are ship with.

People hate the Sieg x Jeanne pair
Love the Kitoki x Shuten pair.
Responded "but why" with the Tristan x Melt pair, which was soon forgotten.
Liked the Hijikata x Carmilla pair.
and outright stoped caring about Tomoe after she mention her significant other.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's also the Anastasia/kadoc pairing and Ryoma/Ouryo which seems to be really liked in the second part of FGO.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Enough at the time to create Last episode at least.
Why did you have to remind me that that garbage exists...
There's also the Anastasia/kadoc pairing and Ryoma/Ouryo which seems to be really liked in the second part of FGO.
I don't think that second one counts as they were already married. It might be different in Fate lore though, I know nothing about
Koha-Ace
But yes they are awesome together.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Huh that's weird, isn't it? Why would you remove hints to pairing just because people do not warm up to it? What difference does just leaving it there make?

Not true, I've seen way too many Reddit posts going "does it matter if she's married" which is like uuuuhhh dude
Isn't that reasonable? I don't think there's anything wrong with continuing to be a fan of somebody else after they're married?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Huh that's weird, isn't it? Why would you remove hints to pairing just because people do not warm up to it? What difference does just leaving it there make?

Isn't that reasonable? I don't think there's anything wrong with continuing to be a fan of somebody else after they're married?

No it's more like.

Can I waifu her even if she's canonically married.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The simple answer, is that fujos would rather want him be a free man so that they can pair him up with Gil, Merlin or other male servants. The heroine is as interesting as a piece of cardboard, but the shipping would've work if she was instead male.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Oh.

Well, if infidelity is the problem, doesn't this apply quite a lot of other Servants, too? I mean, even Bathory is married.
The Elizabeth that people care about is a teenager, so she never met her lover and got married. This is same reason why weeding dress Nero was created, because people complained that regular Nero still remembers and loves Hakuno.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The simple answer, is that fujos would rather want him be a free man so that they can pair him up with Gil, Merlin or other male servants. The heroine is as interesting as a piece of cardboard, but the shipping would've work if she was instead male.
Yar, I suppose Altria also doesn't have any reference to the FSN protagonist.

The Elizabeth that people care about is a teenager, so she never met her lover and got married. This is same reason why weeding dress Nero was created, because people complained that regular Nero still remembers and loves Hakuno.
But Bathory was engaged at 10, and married at 15.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf to the heroine of prototype, being from an unpublished story that only received an 11 min ova and a prequel where she's nonexistant makes it difficult for ppl to like or dislike her personality, since we have no clue on how her character would've developed.
Yar, I suppose Altria also doesn't have any reference to the FSN protagonist.
There was a quick "i have faint memories of someone but nothing concrete" in the summer event, but other than that, yeah, Altria does not mention Shirou.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Oh.

Well, if infidelity is the problem, doesn't this apply quite a lot of other Servants, too? I mean, even Bathory is married.
Most married Servants don't mention the significant others they had in life (I think it's only Tomoe, Ozy, Rama/Sita, Caesar/Cleo, and a brief mention from Marie). Also, there's the whole, "death did them part" thing.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most married Servants don't mention the significant others they had in life (I think it's only Tomoe, Ozy, Rama/Sita, Caesar/Cleo, and a brief mention from Marie). Also, there's the whole, "death did them part" thing.
Yea, I get that. But my initial protest was about the suggestion that there's something wrong with people who want to "waifu" a character even if they're married. Like, we don't really go "what's wrong with you. He's married to Nefarti!" to people who still "husbando" Ozy anyway.

... right?

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I get that. But my initial protest was about the suggestion that there's something wrong with people who want to "waifu" a character even if they're married. Like, we don't really go "what's wrong with you. He's married to Nefarti!" to people who still "husbando" Ozy anyway.

... right?
Ozy isn't a great example for this. After all, Nefertari was his favorite wife, not his only wife.

But going back to your original post... I haven't really seen anyone get after anyone for waifu'ing a married character. I've been under the impression that relationships during life are downplayed (at least for female Servants) because otherwise the otaku would scream and reject them for being "impure". That's what I thought had happened with Tomoe (in JP). But it isn't like I directly monitor JP, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ozy isn't a great example for this. After all, Nefertari was his favorite wife, not his only wife.

But going back to your original post... I haven't really seen anyone get after anyone for waifu'ing a married character. I've been under the impression that relationships during life are downplayed (at least for female Servants) because otherwise the otaku would scream and reject them for being "impure". That's what I thought had happened with Tomoe (in JP). But it isn't like I directly monitor JP, so I wouldn't know for sure.
Yar, I don't mean that it's a trend or anything. The beginning of this conversation was me responding to Antiwhippy saying "I've seen way too many Reddit posts going 'does it matter if she's married' which is like uuuuhhh dude," which I took as "what's wrong with these people." Maybe I just misunderstood the sentiment.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I got him! A whole bunch of stuff became way easier now.

it was from a salt single too lol.
Congrats bro.
Congrats on getting best priest! Now level the good boi up and give him the grail he richly deserves.
I got to ask though, what is it about him that you like? I didn't think he was a particularly strong character in the anime. (Not saying he's bad, just curious what the appeal is)

Status
Not open for further replies.