• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
... but theoretically, what if you wanted an entire support line-up of just Saber faces?

Of course we have to wait for Morgan. But hey, with MHXX and Ruler Artoria we can even have the Extra and All slots covered.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
... but theoretically, what if you wanted an entire support line-up of just Saber faces?

Of course we have to wait for Morgan. But hey, with MHXX and Ruler Artoria we can even have the Extra and All slots covered.
CasNero: *Exists*

Sure, she's not an Artoria, but you only specified Saber-faces.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
The health on these bosses is ridiculous. Its day 1 and this event is already unfun.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Probably wouldn't be so bad if the damage boost CE was party-wide instead of for just the one who equips it.
There's the Star of Artoria CE for that, but for some reason the first copy is locked behind (I think) 200k Artorium points, and of course it doesn't provide as much of a boost.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Don't roll guys, stay strong. Summer is around the corner.

I'm all in on saving for Tama and Mordred in May

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
This was a very... weird episode.

Why is king hassan suddenly snacking on lahmus.

Ishtar and Eresh scene was pretty gooood though.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The episode ended up looking pretty solid, but I wasn't a fan of having Gudao be the one to take down Tiamat. Though the added Tiamat scene was nice.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh why Do they even bother trying with Gudao? The adaption would've been better with less of him and Mash not more. Really wish they King Hassan looked better.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So the King Hassan strengthening leak was real.

Seems very very good, 5 turns of buster up and and then an np charge abd more buster up when guts triggers. he'll still be 4th best at assassin at most tho. Skadi assassins too op.

I want to grail him to 100 to burn off some qp but my requirement for grailing to 100 is that they'll never be replaced on my Support list and of Kirei is an assassin when he becomes playable.... whelp.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the King Hassan strengthening leak was real.

Seems very very good, 5 turns of buster up and and then an np charge abd more buster up when guts triggers. he'll still be 4th best at assassin at most tho. Skadi assassins too op.

I want to grail him to 100 to burn off some qp but my requirement for grailing to 100 is that they'll never be replaced on my Support list and of Kirei is an assassin when he becomes playable.... whelp.
It was leaked? Are there any other leak rumors going on?

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was leaked? Are there any other leak rumors going on?

I heard about the strengthening yesterday. Aside from lb4 all the other leaks seem to be only a day or so early recently, so there nothing else as far as I know.

I wonder what the chance is of NA getting the strengthening early, since we got the mystic Code early.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh why Do they even bother trying with Gudao? The adaption would've been better with less of him and Mash not more. Really wish they King Hassan looked better.

They are literally the main characters of the story... You couldn't do an adaptation without them being the most prominent. Hope yall aren't expecting Camelot to have fucking Arash as the MC or some shit.

King Hassan did look like trash. I actually liked him snacking on the Lamu though. Made him weird instead of just old man in an ugly costume.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
They are literally the main characters of the story... You couldn't do an adaptation without them being the most prominent.
I understand the difficulty from a narrative standpoint of deciding what to do with Fujimaru, but I think the decisions of how he's been characterized in various animated entries lead to disappointing outcomes.

It's not that the ending of the fight with Tiamat is different in the show; the necessity of editing a multi-stage battle into something with a more natural arc necessitates a bit of improvisation. But the real change here is that at the last moment it takes Babylonia as a whole and turns it from being Gil's story and makes it Fujimaru's instead.

They've been kind of splitting the difference up until now, which makes sense because as a POV self-insert, Fujimaru's devoid of the kind of character depth in the game proper to make him a main character, unlike say Shirou in the F/SN visual novel. But because Babylonia's anime is so short relative to the amount of content its adapting (especially in relation to other Fate anime adapations in recent years), the necessity to add screentime to develop Fujimaru's character more or less from scratch comes at the cost of spending that time on the actual main character of Babylonia: Gilgamesh.

While Gil does technically land the final blow, the last decisive action is Fujimaru's, and I think it reveals that the people in charge of the adaptation miss the point of Gil's return. Have you ever considered WHY Gil is a Servant? Given both his characterization as a brash, young tyrant or a wiser, confident king, neither really gives the impression he'd ever take on a role as a Servant himself, though he uses them for his own ends all the same. And yet, Gil returns as the Archer we all know and love (er hate... it's complicated) at the very end after perishing during the collapse of Uruk: to finish what he started, in death if not in life.

Babylonia in the game is meant to be the final epic of Gilgamesh, ending with his origin as a Servant, and what would prove to be the first in a new line of stories for him throughout Fate that continue to this day. It's a story about the indominable resolve of the living, played out in grandiose fashion in a war against the gods that costs Gil everything, even his freedom after death. And it even gives context to why he feels entitled to do with humanity what he pleases as a Servant when it turns out he's disappointed with how they've progressed in the millennia since his sacrifice.

I think the reason the anime didn't resonate with me during the last couple episodes is because the changes feel like they're propping up a less interesting character with a less interesting plot when the one in the game already sufficed, all because they're trying to turn Fujimaru into a proper leading man when the story didn't change enough overall to support it. I hope that the Camelot will be so focused because it's just two movies that it won't suffer from these kinds of half-baked changes that don't do anything to improve or even really live up to the source material.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
They are literally the main characters of the story... You couldn't do an adaptation without them being the most prominent. Hope yall aren't expecting Camelot to have fucking Arash as the MC or some shit.

King Hassan did look like trash. I actually liked him snacking on the Lamu though. Made him weird instead of just old man in an ugly costume.
I think they mentioned wanting Bedi to be the more forefront main character for Camelot

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

I guess the problem is what they did do with him felt hollow. Part of the problem may be because they were adapting the middle of a bigger story but the whole thing felt like they wavered in between having him absolutely uselss and uninteresting or giving him things to do it out of place moments. Especially with this super fast pacing making emotional moments seem flat. Literally every character on screen is more interesting than those 2, who seem to be just hanging around for most of the show then having cheesy convictions about humanity at strange moments.

I guess you could cut it down to the problems of a blank MC, but tbh the manga seems to have handled him just fine and episode 0 with Mash was pretty good so I don't get the botch job here. Maybe they should've put less work into butt shots and changing things up to make Fujimaru important and left stuff alone. Like seriously they give him lines and things to do that other characters had and its completely unnecessary. Like that speech at the end that should've went to Gil. The actual main guy of the singularity.

I thought hey said that Bedi would be more of the main character in Camelot which would work because he has an actual personality and goals.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
If there's one good thing that came out from this anime it would be the absolutely chad lahmus.

HorribleSubs_Fate_Grand_Order_-_Absolute_Demonic_Front_Babylonia_-_20_720p_HD_1.gif

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Also Merlin getting to use his sword and bragging about the dirty tricks he used against Artoria during training.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Jaguar and Quetz are the best part.

Speaking of which did Jaguar just disappear? I dont remember her getting a final scene or anything.

She didnt even get her transformation into her suit.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I have some qualms. Honestly kinda feel like they did Ishtar dirty in this anime.

What didn't you like? I will say that at the very least she was well animated at all times and lots of screen time. Altho, it also really sucks that they cut out her last words to Gil and there was changes with the Quetz fight that I remember being ehh about.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
What didn't you like? I will say that at the very least she was well animated at all times and lots of screen time. Altho, it also really sucks that they cut out her last words to Gil and there was changes with the Quetz fight that I remember being ehh about.

That, her talk to Mash at night which was completely cut down, completely cut out Gil and ishtar talking about their past in the underworld segment, cutting out the interactions with Ana, etc. etc.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It basically was minus three episode for production breaks
Those three episodes could have had more Ishtar greatness though!

Maybe I just want more Fate animated goodness. Speaking of, I wonder if the third part of Heaven's Feel will be delayed due to the Coronavirus. I can't say I'd blame them if they did, especially if things continue to escalate.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I absolutely hate Lahmus' teeth. Too clean and nice. Claiming to be the perfect humans just because you have good dentist smh.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That actually sound pretty great. Having the story stop at the halfway point too due to it would be hilarious too.
Edit :
Looking at the anime comments, since i never actually watched it i can't help but wonder if it's supposed to be mediocre, or more of a case of hoping it would do more.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I think the only time people really liked Fujimaru as a character is in the Shimosa manga where they decided to use the female one (helps that she uses shadow servants unlike every other adaptation)

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
My non-FGO playing friend watched the show and really like it. Now he's starting to play the game too. So I guess it's not that bad for general audience.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually still really enjoying the anime. Its really fun, has dope animation and hype moments. All I really need.

So with Lost Belt right around the corner I've been thinking about how Iwant to play.

I'm going to avoid using my most used units and focus on some newer servants or ones that I rarely use.

I dont think there are any bond bonuses going forward. How yall going to play the LB?

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like i do with current events probably :
- Have my most liked characters in semi-permanent slots (ppl like emiya, kojiro, angra and hokusai)
- Choose anyone from my 3* to 5* that i feel like using at a particular moment for the rest.
Edit: wait a tic, were we not supposed to get Angra interlude during the white day event a week ago? Where is it?

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
EP 20 thoughts:

- Gramps teleport strikes are nice.
- Merlin had a sword in there the whole time!?
- And he's actually good at sword fighting!?
- He totally settled the Altria/Artoria debate just now didn't he!?
- Ah that smug gold bastard. Nice smile.
- They gave his Gate of Babylon machine gun sound effects?
- Ah, Lord Camelot is so cool. I hope LB6 does it justice.
- oh! Gramps has an EVA-01 Berserk mode, very cool. Truly Grand Servants are special.
- Gil's NP, Epic as ever, but I think the sound effect nearly made me deaf.
- Tiamom in smol human proportions looks pretty ok. She's basically begging to be summoned right? What class would she be?
- Glory to mankind! Now what are they gonna spend the final episode on? ... Chladea stuff?