• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
And stop pinging people a million times, it's obnoxious. You made your feelings known, stop beating a dead horse.
This is just my posting style I'm not trying to be obnoxious.

I have never been into forums or message boards before era

I just type what's on my mind and hit send like it's a regular conversation in person and I'm just talking with someone.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Ephidel HPSauce FateShirou thanks for joining in on this. You all played super well, and left your respective marks on the game. It feels like we say this every time, but you're a promising group of newbies.

Also, to new archnemesis FateShirou - I'll see you around. 👀
Oh, that's just the basic OM setup - guess that ended up being more luck than anything, because I could have put you in anywhere. But that's something to keep in mind for sure.
Ah, I see. That is unfortunate, I'm not sure if or what could be a way to address that.
Congratulations scum team you all played well.

Fran I can't believe you scum read me enough to throw both of us under the bus. I was trying to help the situation what were you thinking?

#StillSalty
Hey, you know there's probably enough blame here to go around...
Either case, fans of Fate may be able to guess how we can make a HGW that is bigger than the usual set up
I don't know much, but I've got an inkling 👀
I had a lot of fun with this game! Technically it's the first mafia game that I've lost but it doesn't feel like it because I was kind of rooting for scum after I died. A very different style of play with all the restrictions, caused a kind of shadowy clandestine atmosphere. I hope all the new players stay!!
I was going to try to console you, but you were cheering for the other team?? SHAME ON YOU
This was a good game and i will not apologise for fucking it up.
No need. Fucking it up was a group effort.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Natiko

And then after sending post I forget something so I write another post and ping the person because they might miss it.

I'm not trying to bother people just chat with them

Like my huge post chain to you was me just thinking of points then sending message before i think did I say everything.

If it helps just pretend my multiple post is just 1 big post.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Natiko your right about me beating dead horses.

In my post chains I often forget points I have already said and accidently post the same thing two or three times.

Reading through old post before posting again might be helpful.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Now natko will complain about me pinging him to much oops.

I Really am not doing it on purpose I just post like this.

If I ping any of you multiple times there is no malice in it.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Like I get excited when I get pinged because I get to chat with someone.

I did not know it was a problem with people

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Natiko

Like I did not think multiple pings would be a problem because I assume you would see it at the same time and it would essentially be the same as 1 ping for a single big post.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
No need. Fucking it up was a group effort.
Teamwork makes the dream work
742721248324354139.png

(... the whole quote actually applies x_x)

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Jman you're going to have to cut back on the stream of consciousness posting and learn how to walk away from the keyboard. You keep digging yourself into a hole and you just can't stop from digging more.

We've all felt frustrated, felt like everyone is against you, felt like you can't win, felt like everything you do is just wrong. This is true in mafia, gaming, and real life. But you do need to get to a point where you just have to pick yourself up and move on. That can be hard to do and even when you do it you can still feel like you were being unjustly wronged but you can't change what happened only learn from it and try to do better next time.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Teamwork makes the dream work
742721248324354139.png

(... the whole quote actually applies x_x)
I didn't know there was more to that quote until now, but you are so right.

And start pinging you ;)

I am curious how long were you planning to vote salva before you did it?
When he made that post about how he didn't trust his partner is when the gears started turning. I didn't have a plan per se until the morning of day end, that's when I started typing up the post.

I will say, this game was good for me to learn to stop and think before I say something off the cuff or do the Big Dumb Scummy Thing (TM) town!Launchpad tends to do.

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
.-. I personally hate being pinged because of my social awkwardness lol.

I accept it's a thing especially as a game runner, but I hate it lol.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Jman you're going to have to cut back on the stream of consciousness posting
Yeah this is like my natural state of being is saying what I'm thinking out load as soon as I think it and I have to try really hard to not do this.

A large part of why I avoid posting anything the first 12-18 hours of any day is to avoid stream of consciousness dooming me day 1.

P.S. I never once in my life considered some people did not like being pinged never even crossed my mind.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Being jobless and bored is no doubt a major contributor to my over posting problem

Thanks Covid /s

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Like it's crazy that I have more posts than some of you original reset era people and I have been here less than a year.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I've been here since it opened and before I started hanging around here I had a grand total of one post
454034856817459200.png

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Era is a fairly miserable place to post on tbh
I like it here. Just stick to topics that interest you as there's many diffrent types of discussion here.

Sometimes there's annoying posters but they are easy to ignore.

After Natiko comments I'm very scared I'm that poster people wish to ignore. My anxiety is through the roof right now lol.

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Out of interest did you have any particular method in the way you picked the characters?
A lot of mafia players will tell you "flavor is flavor" but I as a game runner love having fun with the flavor. Our first game Nier Mafia was a pretty predictable so we wanted to have some fun and decided we would use characters from all across fate instead of a specific series mainly to throw off players like you that really know the flavor.

This is why Shirou was a fake claim, 100 Persona was the doctor, and Amakusa was town 🤣

Like basically the most predictable thing was Ryuu and Gilles being scum.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
.-. I personally hate being pinged because of my social awkwardness lol.

I accept it's a thing especially as a game runner, but I hate it lol.
I am also extremely socially awkward, I can't even talk on the phone with people let alone in person.

I have zero real life friends who are not family members

Posting on this forum and talking with you mafia peeps is one of my only social interactions at all.

Part of the reason I keep making a fool of myself and self sabatoge every game is lack of social skills to handle these interactions.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I like it here. Just stick to topics that interest you as there's many diffrent types of discussion here.
Most of the conversations here are heteronormative af. Even if there's a thread about something I'm interested in, the replies are usually either one sided to a ridiculous degree, or if I do respond with my perspective, it gets ignored or attacked, and arguing with people on Era is exhausting.

I'd rather just stick to my gay social network for conversations honestly lol

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Most of the conversations here are heteronormative af.
I cant argue with you there i wish this forum was a lot better about things like that.

I still find this place a better public forum than any of the major social media locations I've personally come across but much much improvement needs to be had.

Being better than complete garbage (Reddit, Facebook, Twitter YouTube comments, twitch chats, most gaming boards, etc.) Doesn't mean reset era is great.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the conversations here are heteronormative af. Even if there's a thread about something I'm interested in, the replies are usually either one sided to a ridiculous degree, or if I do respond with my perspective, it gets ignored or attacked, and arguing with people on Era is exhausting.

I absolutely agree lol

Obviously, not all folks or communities here are like this, but the front-facing stuff is definitely that.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
I was going to try to console you, but you were cheering for the other team?? SHAME ON YOU

Well, I switched back and forth a bit, but I just have a natural tendency to root for mafia XD

Almost half of my total posts on Era are in this thread.

I've never posted on Era outside of mafia-- I made an account to play mafia! I told all my friends that I'm on an old school internet forum with paginated threads and usernames/pics, they all thought it was pretty cool.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely agree lol

Obviously, not all folks or communities here are like this, but the front-facing stuff is definitely that.
And even if you dig down to the hangouts, Era moderation is hostile to the point it drives away the more interesting users you'd want to talk to. Even our relatively harmless community has felt the effects of that.

Makes you question what's the point of getting too involved with anything here.

But, anyway, enough derailing of a game thread. Looking forward to playing or watching the next game.

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
And even if you dig down to the hangouts, Era moderation is hostile to the point it drives away the more interesting users you'd want to talk to. Even our relatively harmless community has felt the effects of that.

Makes you question what's the point of getting too involved with anything here.

But, anyway, enough derailing of a game thread. Looking forward to playing or watching the next game.
So question for you Maol. How did you feel about Zeke all game?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

I can't disagree. There were a lot of times I'd deliberate on posting in a topic when era had just launched but never do it because it seemed like a vacuum, but now this is the only era community I really interact with. You guys are just that awesome.
Well, I switched back and forth a bit, but I just have a natural tendency to root for mafia XD

I've never posted on Era outside of mafia-- I made an account to play mafia! I told all my friends that I'm on an old school internet forum with paginated threads and usernames/pics, they all thought it was pretty cool.
Case in point, where else would I see someone use the word paginated and think that's amusingly cool.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
So question for you Maol. How did you feel about Zeke all game?
I thought he was scum after D1 ended. The way he came into the lovers thread with a whole bit already planned after barely avoiding being the kill felt like he had other priorities than solving the game.

Didn't want to tip him off so I never mentioned it in the thread or elsewhere and fed him some bullshit reads the next night that he didn't really engage with and then I definitely knew he was feeding people what I was saying.

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I thought he was scum after D1 ended. The way he came into the lovers thread with a whole bit already planned after barely avoiding being the kill felt like he had other priorities than solving the game.

Didn't want to tip him off so I never mentioned it in the thread or elsewhere and fed him some bullshit reads the next night that he didn't really engage with and then I definitely knew he was feeding people what I was saying.
XD Nice and that's basically what I figured based on how your first chat went.

Oh what a world it would have been if Zeke had actually been voted out. I was sweating in mod chat that people were going to think the Onesided lovers thing was bullshit because you didn't die with him XD

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
XD Nice and that's basically what I figured based on how your first chat went.

Oh what a world it would have been if Zeke had actually been voted out. I was sweating in mod chat that people were going to think the Onesided lovers thing was bullshit because you didn't die with him XD
Yeah, and by leaving him alone I was able to figure out Natiko for sure. Because by bussing Salva, he was also inadvertently protecting Natiko. D4 I wasn't being helpful in thread, but I was watching the two of them to give me their last teammate. Unfortunately, they didn't give him to me lol.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and by leaving him alone I was able to figure out Natiko for sure. Because by bussing Salva, he was also inadvertently protecting Natiko. D4 I wasn't being helpful in thread, but I was watching the two of them to give me their last teammate. Unfortunately, they didn't give him to me lol.
I honestly avoided talking about Fate most of the game. Think it was my biggest scumtell this time tbh