Votes: 122 44.0%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
The two couldn't be more different.

Vegeta-dragon-ball-z-35794879-386-485.jpg

Vegeta, the prince of the Saiyan race. Originally a villain who loves nothing more than proving that he is the greatest fighter of all, he represents Saiyan pride and lust for battle. Over time, he softens due to his family, and particularly due to the future version of his son, Trunks, who shows him that there's more to life than fighting. While he does love his family, proving his worth as a fighter and a Saiyan is still his other top priority. His rivalry with Goku seems to give him the drive to better himself even further.

Trunks-Dragon-Ball-Androids-future-version-b.jpg

Trunks, the lone warrior of the future. In the original timeline, he trained under Gohan to fight the Androids, and growing up in a battle-torn world hardened him. Trunks does not love battle, but is one of the only fighters in the series to fight solely for the sake of defeating his opponent. He fights his opponents not to win or enjoy the battle, but to eradicate a threat. He has a strong sense of justice, and his love for his family is what eventually softens Vegeta's heart.

latest

Trunks also has a present day incarnation who is much more jovial and lighthearted in comparison to his original future self. However, it is unfair to compare the two, seeing as how we have yet to see them at the same age. The brief time we see him in End of Z has him acting much more mature, if not still less serious than his counterpart.

Which warrior do you like more?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Gonna go with Vegeta. Really enjoyed what we see of him in terms of growth for the Buu saga, which then continued into Super, for the most part.

Wouldn't have enjoyed Super without him.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Vegeta. But I will say that Trunk in the saiyan armor with the long hair is one of my favorite character designs in Z.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a joke? Vegeta is literally the only interesting character in all of DB.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
They're both mondo cool but cool but Vegeta will never have a scene as peak as the Trunks vs. Frieza fight. Plus, he's got a damn sword.

trunks-burning-attack.gif

dewv7dd-3b19efbe-c267-4bab-8d75-0250247c64b4.gif

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Vegeta

Though we also have to ask "which Trunks", as there's a clear difference between the Trunks raised by Vegeta and the Trunks that never met him. (I like the one that never met him more)

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Future Trunks was cool for about 5 minutes, and main timeline trunks is a doofus

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never been a Vegeta fan, voted Trunks. I liked how at least in his original appearance he didn't bullshit around and just went in for the kill to eliminate a threat instead of this love to fight dumbassery.

The Omega Man

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Trunks is not Vegeta's son, Vegeta looks exactly like his dad, the seed is strong.
As for who is Trunk's biological father, that's a topic for another time.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
The first time Future Trunks shows up was legit one of the coolest fuckin things I had seen in a show. I kind of fell off Dragon Ball entirely after the Cell Saga, so I'm not sure how other versions stack up, but Future Trunks was cool af.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Trunks had the coolest fucking intro ever but it was all downhill from there

Oct 27, 2017
There has never been a time when Trunks was lame, and in fact he's always been badass, whereas Vegeta has had phases of being badass and acting like a loser

Derbel McDillet

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 23, 2022
Kind of peaked during his first appearance. Likable throughout the arc tho. Not a fan of his Super return and redesign.

As a kid I always love this jutsu sign and it pissed me off that he never did it again.
It makes little sense that he did the first time.

What is he doing?
Why?
Who and where did he learn it from?
Rule of cool I suppose, but in the Dragon Ball world, it's like, that ain't a martial arts thing.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
It makes little sense that he did the first time.

What is he doing?
Why?
Who and where did he learn it from?
Rule of cool I suppose, but in the Dragon Ball world, it's like, that ain't a martial arts thing.

Lol yeah it doesn't make sense and it came out of nowhere, but my younger self loved it and wanted more.

Poor guy just kept getting owned after that awesome showing.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I like them both in Z, but Future Trunks is my favorite between the two .

I don't like either in Super and I've never liked present timeline Trunks in any series.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Trunks is one of my favorite DBZ characters, but unfortunately he spends a lot of time being useless after the those first few episodes he's premiered in.

Meanwhile, Vegeta had an entire arc where he got to shine (Namek) before falling by the wayside. And even then, he has his great moments, especially in Super.

d4c99240de98854796a65ff552d695927a61f8ee_00tKsiP_display.gif

Vegeta by far.

But trunks has his cool as moments

yeah like this one:

jM5fdm.gif

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
Important clarification.

Future Trunks is the best character in the show. It's not his fault they don't do anything with him and the great narrative and power options he has outside of the rare chances he gets to show why he's awesome. His last appearance in z he does back to his own time, kills both Androids and cell in one episode, in ruthless efficiency.

Kid trunks is just... shit. Having his dad around really made him a mess.

Vegeta has some interesting elements and arc moments, but I've never found him personally compelling.

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Future Trunks is one of my favorite characters in an animated show. His intro is some of the coolest shit I've seen on television to this day. It's true that Toriyama didn't do the best job writing him into a significant role after that, but I still cheer every time he shows up.

Super at least let him shine a bit more, even if the writing for that storyline was all over the place.

I voted for Trunks. I want to see Present Trunks as an adult so badly. End of Z is the only time we got to see him (other than GT which butchered the characterization of everyone) and Super kept him as a dumb kid. Oh well.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
An asshole the father was & probably still, Vegeta is memorable.

His son is no slouch to me though.

Last edited:

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Hmmmmm Trunks is my favourite character. I mean his design is iconic, he has the best looking SSJ form and his introduction is one of the most hypest and badass moments in anime, possibly animation even.

BUT for my brother DragonSJG.....I will vote for Vegeta.