MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes a really great opening sets the tone for a real amazing game. Other times the opening ends up as the BEST part of a game hahaha..

Share your favs!

I could post Bloodborne's, and Tekken 5, but links are giving me issues lol

Jul 9, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 2
had one of the most cinematic openings of any game that I've ever played. It cemented Hideo Kojima's legendary status in my eyes.

Max Payne 3's opening had me in tears, I'll say that much.
images

Last edited:

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Disappointed it took this long to mention Kingdom Hearts 2, but I'll do it:

I still get chills like the first time I played it. Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance also are amazing.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Sonic Unleashed's opening looked as good as the Pixar movies that came out around the same time

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
Does Deus Ex: Human Revolution count because it's definitely one of my favorites

Oct 27, 2017
It's still Onimusha 3. The fight scenes, direction and motion capture are exceptional. This will forever be one of my favourite intros to a game.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

The game itself isn't nearly as good as the opening led me to believe, but WHAT AN OPENING for its time.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Metal Gear 2 for me as well. That's when I saw video games could truly be cinematic. Having it an in-game cutscene was impressive too.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Forza Horizon 2. Music is great. Setting is great. And then it transitions into you controlling it and racing along the gorgeous coast to your first event.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fifty thousand people used to live here...

Now it's a ghost town.

Call of Duty 4

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil 3. Opens with an amazing monologue from Jill and goes in to a fantastic cinematic showing the zombies wreaking havoc on the city and the police getting fucked up.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Can't decide whether I like the NTSC version of the PAL version better. Either way -- Samus does the super hero landing, camera spins around, and boom -- you're off.