DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Which comic artists would you say are your favorite and why? For me, I like the work done by Dan Mora Chaves like seen in his future state, it looks really clean and like a really good animated series

Also not sure who this artist is, but I like his work too

tumblr_ntcmtmxLlg1rxz386o1_500.png

It looks really wholesome

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would be the Japanese artist duo called Gurihiru. They're mostly known over here for doing the Unbelievable Gwenpool series written by Chris Hastings.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not much of a comic person, but I really like Sana Takeda's art in Monstress.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I know I know he's not quite "modern" but fuck it, Mike's art has left an impression on me for years now
0113a29542b4342c9df540a205faec52.jpg

But for something more modern, Becky Cloonan
the-mire.jpg

4gwpbcjuyt711.jpg

StarsTurnCold

Avenger
Apr 30, 2018
A lot of great artists but my favorite has to be Steve Mcniven. I love his clean, detailed, realistic artwork. I just wish he did more books.

Reed_Richards_(Earth-616)_Peter_Parker_(Earth-616)_Civil_War_Vol_1_7.png
e01_civil_war_comicbook_coming_14_11007843-630x351.jpg

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Which comic artists would you say are your favorite and why? For me, I like the work done by Dan Mora Chaves like seen in his future state, it looks really clean and like a really good animated series

That looks like Gurihiru, and they are absolutely my current favorite artists. (It's a team of two women from Japan, Chifuyu Sasaki and Naoko Kawano.) Their artwork on the original Gwenpool series is so good. They also did a run on Power Pack, Wasp, and Superman Smashes the Klan.

EDIT: Googled and confirmed. I hadn't seen this comic before.

MaxEverblack

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Iowa
I absolutely adore Meghan Hetricks artwork. I support her on Patreon as well and will buy any variant covers with her artwork.

2dbad810a3567a98508a90618d3bb5b3.jpg

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Does manga count?

If so, Yusuke Murata from One Punch Man series. So many jaw-dropping panels.

cowtools

Jul 20, 2020
Canada
Watching Tradd Moore's career over the last decade is a genuine pleasure.

Nick Pitarra's work on East of West is comics best kept secret.

Marvel and DC both have an embarrassment of riches in terms of up and coming house talent, RB Silva, Pepe Laraz, Jorge Jimenez and Joelle Jones.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

That would be the Japanese artist duo called Gurihiru. They're mostly known over here for doing the Unbelievable Gwenpool series written by Chris Hastings.

Yup. You should also check out their work in "Superman Smashes the Klan"

Gurihiru - Wikipedia

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I really love Skottie Young's art. It's so expressive and energetic. I bought all of the Marvel Wizard of Oz books just because he drew them.
And then Middlewest came out and I learned I liked his writing too! And the artist on that book - Jorge Corona - was on point bringing that to life, so I guess I have a new artist to look out for.

My first comic art love, though, was Mike Wieringo. I just love that slightly cartoony edge he gave things that made them so much more expressive. It really hurt when he died.
Mike Norton somewhat fills that niche for me at least.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a big fan of Esad Ribic, his work on Thor and Secret Wars is amazing.
0a8e267844e82c38df9d926f78df5234.jpg

Secret+Wars+3.jpg

Also Pepe Larraz is doing some amazing work on X-Men books.
rg4bvieivnj41.jpg

X-of-Swords-Stasis-1.jpg