• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
So, pretty self-explanatory topic, what's everyone's favorite Jackie Chan fight scene? Myself, I've always been partial to his final battle with Hwang In Shik in Jackie's early directorial debut, the Young Master.

The ending fight of Drunken Master II is also an absolute highlight. So what say you, Era? What are some of your favorite displays of legendary Jackie Chan's martial arts mastery?

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The Ladder in First Strike
The creativity with fighting with just whatever the fuck is around is amazing. Then he grabs that last and amazes

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I could choose, so I'll go left field and say the bar fight from Project A. His beautifully choreographed 1v1's are always amazing but it's his mass brawls that are what really sets him (and his stunt team) apart imo. They exemplify the comedic parts of his filmography.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

This might be my favourite fight scene ever. Everything is perfect, from the stuntmen just gleefully landing ribcage-first on all that playground equipment, Jackie running straight at that fence and just lifting his legs up to sail over it, the out-of-control lens flares when the metal pipes come out. Perfection. Also the scientifically-proven best ever use of wire-fu right at the beginning:

a0lRYYC.gif

And the best combo ever put to film:

5S9Bm5l.gif

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Wheels on Meals last fight against Benny the Jet. Nothing compares. A real slugfest.

Hard to beat this one and the Drunken Master 2 final fight. My sentimental selection would have to be this fight from Rumble in the Bronx, since it was my first exposure to him (my dad and I went to the theater to see it):

carlos

Oct 25, 2017
Too many to list, I'm a fan of the Young Master scene as well; I still don't know what the heck he drinks to become powerful in that one.
Other faves in no particular order:
-Drunken Master final fight (and fight in the dim sum place)
-Who Am I rooftop 2v1 fight
-Meals on wheels and forever dragons fights vs benny urquidez
-Police story Mall fight

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Wheels on Meals last fight against Benny the Jet. Nothing compares. A real slugfest.

Yeah. This isn't my favorite Jackie Chan movie by any stretch, but this fight is just jaw-dropping. I said this in another thread:

I'll say it's the best ever. Not only is the choreography so crisp and powerful, but the wear on the combatants is also portrayed so well. Some longer fights, even the really good ones, don't sell the toll the blows take on the fighters and feel like they reset to "full health" periodically. Jackie Chan and Benny Urquidez's reactions make it easy to imagine the stinging pain from the hits they take.

Wheels on Meals is such a goofy experience overall, yet this fight feels like it's from a different, more fierce movie.

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
Probably the final fight scene in Legend of the Drunken Master 2. I like when he drinks the industrial strength alchohol and then goes berserk!

OP
OP
RedVejigante

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
So, full disclosure, despite being a huge Jackie fan I've never actually seen Who Am I? Do I need to correct this?

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Which is the movie where he fights that puffy-faced weirdo with no eyebrows in a drug lab. That was a good fight.

Edit: Found it

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This might be my favourite fight scene ever. Everything is perfect, from the stuntmen just gleefully landing ribcage-first on all that playground equipment, Jackie running straight at that fence and just lifting his legs up to sail over it, the out-of-control lens flares when the metal pipes come out. Perfection. Also the scientifically-proven best ever use of wire-fu right at the beginning:

a0lRYYC.gif

5S9Bm5l.gif

The GOAT. I love the gag right before this where he is standing in front of his GF, and ducks the gunshot, leaving her exposed. What a dick.
God, how do you pick just ONE of his tons of amazing fight scenes?
So, full disclosure, despite being a huge Jackie fan I've never actually seen Who Am I? Do I need to correct this?
It's pretty meh. Absolutely awful acting all around, annoying side characters, meh bad guys (especially in that roof scene everyone goes nuts for). I guess the Rotterdam sequence is good.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that Jackie's fights do so well, better than any martial arts/hand-to-hand I've seen in other films, is make it believable that he's fighting entire groups of bad guys. Jackie's choreography is so ridiculously fast and frantic, and the timing of the scenes are so perfect with how enemies are always coming at him, that his fights rarely have that "few enemies at a time, while everyone hangs back" disconnect. He's a whirlwind of movement and limbs and improvised weapons tearing through entire groups of foes

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I was gonna say something from Project A but Drunken Master fight in the factory is just too fun.

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's this moment in the tea house axe gang attack of Drunken Master 2 where I'm pretty sure they crippled a stunt man. Jackie hits a stunt bro with the bamboo makeshift staff and the stunt man falls and hits his face on a wooden i-beam and then falls backwards and hits a table one floor below. The hollow sound his face makes on the wood sticks in my brain to this day.

Shout out to that Police Story 2 playground fight, that and the end are also great.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's Wheels on Meals.

It's my favorite Jackie flick honestly, and I love every minute of it especially the silly shit. Only issue is the weird rape joke in the film where they laugh at the heroine being a rape victim.

SilSto

Nov 5, 2017
I think the rematch between Jackie and Benny the Jet in Dragons Forever is even better than their fight in Wheels on Meals.

The fight between Jackie and Dick Wei in Heart of Dragon blows me away everytime. The speed of their exchanges with one another is incredible.

Mr. Canton and Lady Rose (also known as Miracles) has two classic fights as well. Both the one in the restaurant and the finale in the rope factory are top tier.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017

High five! Even though I adore the final fightscene of Police Story 1 and many, many other - This one right here is the best. When Jackie starts visualize himself just doing a training session, that part is just fantastic.

The entire Project A is also filled with goodness!

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Some real bangers already listed. I have a soft spot for the rooftop fight from Who Am I

The fight choreography with Ron Smoorenburg is just unbelievable.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Some real bangers already listed. I have a soft spot for the rooftop fight from Who Am I

The fight choreography with Ron Smoorenburg is just unbelievable.

Haha, good fight but I remember the making of and Jackie getting pissed at that guy because he wasn't nailing a sequence and the dude from gorgeous had to step in, which was funny because he's like 5'5"

Always liked this one from miracles, particularly because that one stunt where that dude falls and doesn't end up paralyzed, insane shit back then

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Always liked this one from miracles, particularly because that one stunt where that dude falls and doesn't end up paralyzed, insane shit back then

Yeah Miracles is one of Jackie's best movies. The fights and stunts are incredibly well done.

Cannot wait for the upcoming UK blu-ray release, it will be great seeing it restored from a new 4k master, it should look excellent.

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017

a0lRYYC.gif

5S9Bm5l.gif

Yeah this is mine too, it's a perfect scene.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
So, pretty self-explanatory topic, what's everyone's favorite Jackie Chan fight scene? Myself, I've always been partial to his final battle with Hwang In Shik in Jackie's early directorial debut, the Young Master.

Fave is probably the yuen biao bench fight from young master. The end fight you posted was great too. I hope someday we see the uncut film (if indeed it even still exists).

As a pure fight, I also like the rooftop who am I fight.
And the Hwang Jang Lee fights from Drunken Master, love that dude.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Obviously Meals On Wheels is his best one,

But my favourite from a story point of view is the end of Dragon Lord. He and Mars clearly outclassed by the main villan had to rely on a bit of luck to turn the tide of the fight.

Last edited: