BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
#1 has to be "Once". I absolutely adore the movie and the stage musical.
home-closing-bg.jpg

#2 would have to be The Lion King.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
The Book of Mormon. It's surprisingly low on "that great great South Park humour" but has some absolutely amazing songs.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
I've performed in a ton of local musicals, so I have some bias towards those as I'm so familiar with the material. Rent, Little Shop of Horrors, and Godspell have been my favorite shows to be a part of, since they all have outstanding chorus parts. Since so many people are in so many scenes, some of my best friends have been made through being a part of those shows and working on them together. I really, really miss being a part of local musicals, and it's something I'm hoping to get back into someday.

As far as seeing them or listening to the soundtracks, Book of Mormon was one of my favorite live experiences of all time, and I also loved seeing Wicked despite not being a huge fan of the score aside from a few songs. I haven't sat down and listened to Hamilton, but I really want to save that experience for when I can afford tickets someday so it can feel as fresh as possible.

Les Mis is great, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee was hilarious live (and has some excellent songs), and I also loved seeing Reefer Madness: The Musical when a college near me put it on.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to see more live musicals... I've seen Fun Home and Big Fish and really loved both. Mostly of my experience comes from soundtracks and the occasional film adaptation - 1776 is my absolute favorite in both categories.

Recently I've been listening to the Broadway version of Anastasia and I'm impressed by how much I enjoy it.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I saw Addams Family Musical a few years back, that was pretty fun. Moviewise, Dancer in the Dark.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds is probably my favorite musical. It is a great and original rendition of my favorite sci fi book.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Wicked! Seen it so many times.

I also really enjoyed Legally Blonde. It was really good and a fun take on the movie.

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heathers, Dear Evan Hansen, and Be More Chill are some of my favs.
Basically I love musicals about edgy teens

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Film wise? Probably Chicago. It's really well-made and looks amazing

For stage shows I enjoy Phantom of the Opera, mainly because of how campy it is.

Honorable mention for Moulin Rouge going off the wall with its high energy insanity

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Into The Woods. There's a DVD/Blu Ray you can get of the original broadway cast for dirt cheap and it's incredible.

The Disney movie version is not half bad but falters a bit in the second act.