Binster

Oct 27, 2017
Having never watched the original series, X-Men '97 won me over with this sequence from episode one, of Jubilee dancing.

xmen-97-jubilee.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the hell out of this šŸ˜‚ Easily the funniest shit from Season 1, that and its last episode with them arguing in the airport.

The transition just kills me.
I love the fully rendered hands for the close up, then back to nubs. All these small blink-and-you-miss-it jokes are killer. This scribble of a priest you only see for two frames always has me dying:

YRKSRXa.png

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i was going to say terry mcguiness brutal verbal takedown of
the joker
but animated movies prolly dont count.

i always love it when the heroes give the villain a verbal thrashing so good that it gives them a breakdown.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This sequence is a rollercoaster for my emotions. This is not the whole video since I couldn't find a video of it but everything from Luffy kicking Crocodiles ass to that smiling ending was pure perfection.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsZ3-YCGWig&ab_channel=Sni921per

Now for another BTAS moment. I remember seeing this and loving how well the cartoon did with handling the care Batman shows for his gallery, he's just trying to help.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUtLTxBYZHw&ab_channel=eliezer7779

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

climb-thorfinn.gif

There are hundreds of scenes from animated shows (you could make a thread just about Adventure Time alone) but a few more recently that I thought of.

The final action scene in The First Slam Dunk is the most recent time i've been like "yea this is dope", but that's a movie.

It's definitely recency bias but it's these two scenes right now from Smiling Friends. Holy shit I haven't laughed so hard from a show in awhile:

From this, the Mr Frog episode where they say he has a lovely animal sanctuary and it just hard cuts to this pen with like 20 animals fighting each other and moving around at hyper speed. Things animating at surprising framerates are the best. Have to mention the wolves from Princess Connect.

agmxw0sbgshb1.gif

Last edited:

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
The peak of the show, probably. Emotionally strong, right after destroying himself in the process. I have the English Dub line reading in my head forever.

2e6318749864116c96cd74ac7530f3a78ece1e98.gif

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
bleach-ichigo-carrying-rukia-i73poal9bfja4v9z.gif

Ichigo saving Rukia, hilariously throws her to renji, reveals his bad ass bankai and whoops Byuykas ass.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's the extended Stan Brakhage-esque sequence in End of Evangelion where the torrent of negativity pouring out of Shinji causes the film to gradually devolve from lush animation to crude stick figures, then give up on the form altogether and self-destruct:

32b097c636d057549233c5e0b1ca958292dc4820.gif

tumblr_omcnjoThs71w4hiofo1_1280.gif

686f5d84yui71.gif

Anno describes Eva as his attempt to burn his feelings into film:
I tried to include everything of myself in Neon Genesis Evangelion-myself, a broken man who could do nothing for four years. A man who ran away for four years, one who was simply not dead. Then one thought. "You can't run away," came to me, and I restarted this production. It is a production where my only thought was to burn my feelings into film.
And I can't think of a more successful sequence in anything.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
From this, the Mr Frog episode where they say he has a lovely animal sanctuary and it just hard cuts to this pen with like 20 animals fighting each other and moving around at hyper speed. Things animating at surprising framerates are the best. Have to mention the wolves from Princess Connect.
Omg the fucking wolf in that animal sanctuary scene killed me. Like why is it circling like that? šŸ¤£

AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH THOSE WOLVES?

Jun 22, 2021
Tbh you could pick so many scenes from the Simpsons but this one always gets me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3njZSDjW7Q4

The culmination of Ash's and Pikachu's journey was so beautiful, they truly were the best like no one ever was
www.youtube.com

Pikachu vs. Charizard šŸ’„ | PokĆ©mon Ultimate Journeys: The Series | Official Clip (spoiler alert!)

You know it's getting real when the theme song kicks in šŸ˜¤ Will Ash or Leon claim the title of World Champion? Find out with in Part 3 of PokĆ©mon Ultimate Jo...
www.youtube.com

Farewell Ash -Eng Dub