Apr 2, 2021
This is a thread about stuff that Phil Collins was involved in that was not Genesis, or solo Phil Collins.

Anyway to start I'll chime in with one of my all time favorite PCEU characters, John Martyn.

View: https://youtu.be/McOLR6GHOJ0
His albums "Grace and Danger" and "Glorious Fool" are produced by Phil Collins and feature his great drumming and he comes in loud and clear on the background vocals. Great Phil appearance, and I think he was inspired by Brian Eno (who also pops up in the PCEU) for the production, check out some of the weird delayed vocal effects at 1:45.

This song is definitely one of my favorites as well, it's by Frida of the band Abba, and produced by Phil Collins

View: https://youtu.be/Hf36I26XQPI
Here Phil Collins shows the only thing crisper and clearer than his vocals is his excellent drumming. Seriously the drums sound too cool here! It's great to see Phil collaborate, but it seems he couldn't help but have his drumming steal the show even if he doesn't sing a word.

I've long been a fan of Phil Collins Genesis and Phil Collins has some cool solo stuff but it seems like the PCEU is where a lot of the real hidden gems lie. Do you have any favorites?

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
youtu.be

Buster 1988 Trailer HD

www.screenbound.co.ukBuster [1988]Pop legend Phil Collins makes an impressive acting debut in this endearing comedy, co-starring Julie Walters. Based on The ...

Fun movie and fantastic soundtrack

OP
OP
Apr 2, 2021
youtu.be

Buster 1988 Trailer HD

www.screenbound.co.ukBuster [1988]Pop legend Phil Collins makes an impressive acting debut in this endearing comedy, co-starring Julie Walters. Based on The ...

Fun movie and fantastic soundtrack
Been kind of wanting to check this out just out of curiosity and also the fact that I like sorta high-concept comedies from this era. His acting wasn't bad in Vice City Stories, and I doubt he was giving 100% effort there.

OP
OP
Apr 2, 2021
Is this a stealth mike and the mechanics thread?
Isn't that Mike Rutherford, the bassist of Genesis? I know of no involvement of Phil.

All I know about that band is the song Silent Running. It comes on every time I'm in a grocery store/pharmacy and feeling depressed and lonely, without fail. It's an alright song but I think the best way to listen to it is over Grocery store loud speaker to really nail the vibe right.