• White chocolate > dark chocolate > milk chocolate

• White chocolate > milk chocolate > dark chocolate

• I don't like chocolate

Results are only viewable after voting.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
white-Dark-and-Milk-chocolates.jpg

Pick your poison, Era. Your sweet, creamy, aromatic poison. The poison of the gods.

I'm not joking: the bitterness you taste in chocolate is you tasting the poison, although one humans happen to be resistant to. But it's potentially lethally toxic for many other animals (dogs most famously).

And yes, white chocolate is still poisonous (to a lesser degree), so it counts as chocolate. Anyone claiming that white chocolate isn't chocolate should be shamed mercilessly.

Pick your poison, Era.

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
Milk with a higher cocoa percentage than normal > dark chocolate > normal milk chocolate >>>>>>>>>> white chocolate.

I only like white chocolate when combined with something sour like berries as it cuts through the sweetness.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dark >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> White ≥ Milk.

Milk inhabits an somewhat boring place in between dark and white.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
First option generally, unless peanut sludge is involved and then it's straight in the bin.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Just as bland chocolate like in OP's pic it's definitely dark > white > milk. But milk chocolate can be mixed better than white like in chocolate bars and so on. Dark is always superior though.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
White is basically good for the sake of variety, or in combination with something, but I don't prefer it on its own or in large quantities. Like, I wouldn't want to chomp into a whole bar. It gets to be too much somehow.

Milk can be good or bad, depending on what's in it except for the cacao. Marabou's for instance is not very good. Of the ones I've tried I prefer Fazer.

Dark has a higher low as it's harder to mess up since the majority of it is just cacao. Can't put too much other low-grade ingredients in there.

Not counting any additions like nuts and whatever, just the pure chocolate, I prefer a good milk. Dark is kind of one-note and can feel a bit too close to literally grinding cacao beans in your mouth. But add some stuff like for instance salt and pecan and you have a winner.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
White chocolate isn't even chocolate and doesn't belong in this poll.

Dark chocolate >>>>> everything else

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Quality dark chocolate is by far the best. You get the best depth of flavour.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I'm counting dairy free milk here but yeah dark is king, it's actually chocolate, water it down fine, and fine with white but dark is the best.

OP
OP
Unknownlight

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Already there are some interesting results.

Dark > white > milk has about 13% of the votes so far, while white > dark > milk has literally 0 votes. I would've expected people who like white the best to rank dark as last, so the second result makes sense, but that raises the question of why there are a lot of dark chocolate fans who rank white as their 2nd choice but not the other way around.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
White is my favorite but you definitely get sick of it the fastest. White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies? Heaven.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Milk chocolate > white > dark

Milk is, to me, the perfect blend of cocoa and creamy goodness. A flawless creation crafted over centuries.

White chocolate is inoffensive. It's creamy but sometimes it can taste cloyingly sweet.

Dark chocolate is too bitter, ratio of cocoa is too high.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
I do not like chocolate all too much, but if I eat some (which only ever happens as part of another dish), then only dark chocolate.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Any chocolate is good as long as it's not American, but I typically prefer Dark > Milk > White.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the mood, but generally Mlk > Dark.

"White" is ok as a confection, but it's not chocolate.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark >>> Milk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> White.

White is awful, i legit cannot eat that shit anymore.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
White chocolate is genuinely nauseating in anything but the tracest of quantities. It just tastes like chunks of homogenized sugar-milk. No thank you.

Dark > milk > white easily.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
White chocolate isn't chocolate.

Dark chocolate is king. The darker the better. I like to indulge myself with 85% dark chocolate and black coffee combo sometimes and it is a really good time.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I just eat White chocolate. Don't really like dark chocolate

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Milk, white, dark.

I really can't stand the bitterness of dark chocolate. White technically isn't chocolate at all and I haven't had it in years, but unlike dark I wouldn't say no if I was offered it. Milk is by far my favorite though. Some of the branded bars are decent enough, but the traditionally made milk chocolate truffles sold at my local patisserie are where it's really at.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Milk > Dark > White for me. I sometimes feel kinda nauseous after eating white chocolate for some reason.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of American chocolate does quite well at international competitions. The idea that all American chocolate is Hershey-tier is ignorant.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
As a kid it used to be white > dark > milk, but as an adult it's dark > milk >>> white.

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
White chocolate is one of my least favorite types of sweets. Down there with candy corn.

Milk chocolate is the best, followed by dark. Though with dark I prefer it with something like nuts, pretzels, or fruit. Love me some good Los Angeles chocolate:

Compartes-Coney-Island-Chocolate-Bar_978c7c16-b300-462f-b8c9-16f4dcaaed47_1080x@2x.jpg

Compartes-California-Love-Chocolate-Bar_fdf5cd02-6b44-453f-ac9c-56e4e5d4d7df_1080x@2x.jpg

Compartes-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-Chocolate-Bar_c4a7155e-ee98-4b46-9c8d-f058a09fc395_1080x@2x.jpg

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
i only like white chocolate if it's actually chocolate and not that palm oil derived "white candy coating" shit

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Dark >>>>>> white > milk

Dark is by far the best and not even close. I remember the first time I tried it in elementary school and my mom was like "it's bitter" and didn't like it, but I LOVED it. Thankfully, the rest of my family has seen the light at this point, so I can use dark chocolate in baking with reckless abandon now.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
As a kid you preferred dark over milk, but still thought white was the best? Interesting taste.
Lol, a little strange, I know! But I've always loved dark chocolate's unique bitter flavor, it's just that as a kid I also super loved the sweeter stuff. Milk was kinda like the boring in-between for me -- totally fine, but not as remarkable as either end, y'know?

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
White chocolate, followed by milk. Regular dark chocolate can go in the trash but I'll tolerate some when fruit is involved, like cherry or strawberry flavoring. Other than that though, get rid of it.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Second choice for me. Milk chocolate is so gross to me. It's so sweet it hurts me teeth just thinking about it.