200px-Fenrir_KHII.png
latest

Spell:

Another vote for Reflega:

250px-Reflega_KHII.gif

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
From Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, the three Custos glyphs. These represent the three heads of Cerberus. You had Sinestro Custos, the left head; Dextro Custos, the right head; and Arma Custos, the middle head (it's called arma because it acts as a guardian of sorts). The first two were attack glyphs, the latter a support glyph. They look so badass, especially when you equip all three and alternate between Sinestro and Dextro.

Sinestro, Dextro and Arma:

latest
latest
latest

Sound effect were pretty badass too. I couldn't find a video of someone using them in unison, but here's a short one of them getting used after each other: https://youtu.be/xv3F-ntYHZs?t=45s

OoE actually had a lot of cool glyphs. Lapiste is another personal favorite:

latest

And the union:

latest

From Mass Effect 3, the Black Widow. There's so much power behind each shot. When I'm playing an Infiltrator and get my hands on one, it never leaves my weapon loadout.

black_widow2_by_arashi_no_tori-d89hb3o.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I reeeally like the Fire Rod in Hyrule Warriors. That weapon single-handedly made Link my favorite character to play as.

Hyrule-Warriors-3.jpg

God I love the Fire Rod.

It's so bad.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
I love all the Limit Breaks but Dragoon just looks so cool.

And all of the Dragoon spells in Legend of the Dragoon. but here's Shana who doesn't get enough love

Nov 12, 2017
The Chikage from Bloodborne

latest

Such a sexy katana, it's moveset is arguably the coolest in the whole game, and super powerful with a bloodtinge/dex build!

It's gotten me super excited for katana combat in games, while Nioh's katana bored me, I hope Ghost of Tsushima can revive that sexy katana gameplay that Bloodborne gave me!

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Since people are posting some Bloodborne weaspons i'll post my favorite from there.

Beasthunter Saif - The dodge properties of this weapon are just so awesome.

beasthunters_saif.jpg

Yeah, the Saif is one of the all-time greats, and definitely my favorite weapon from the broader Souls series. Its base moveset is excellent (especially the gap-closing R1 and the enemy-flattening charged R2), but it's the amount of control the transformation attacks give you over your spacing that really put it over the edge. Once you figure out what you're doing you can flow in and out of range in an extremely fluid fashion, there really isn't anything else like it in the series and it never stops feeling stylish as heck.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
From Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, the three Custos glyphs. These represent the three heads of Cerberus. You had Sinestro Custos, the left head; Dextro Custos, the right head; and Arma Custos, the middle head (it's called arma because it acts as a guardian of sorts). The first two were attack glyphs, the latter a support glyph. They look so badass, especially when you equip all three and alternate between Sinestro and Dextro.

Sinestro, Dextro and Arma:

latest
latest
latest

Sound effect were pretty badass too. I couldn't find a video of someone using them in unison, but here's a short one of them getting used after each other: https://youtu.be/xv3F-ntYHZs?t=45s

OoE actually had a lot of cool glyphs. Lapiste is another personal favorite:

latest

And the union:

latest

From Mass Effect 3, the Black Widow. There's so much power behind each shot. When I'm playing an Infiltrator and get my hands on one, it never leaves my weapon loadout.

black_widow2_by_arashi_no_tori-d89hb3o.jpg

It's a pain getting those weapons though. Drop rates in Ecclesia are horrendously small.

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
V7J6GPs.gif

Dragoons have always been my jam, and Aranea took it to the next level. I'm in awe over this gif.

xtzAgiO.png

A great character, an amazing weapon, and very cool special attacks all in one.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's a pain getting those weapons though. Drop rates in Ecclesia are horrendously small.
Those Custos glyphs were guaranteed overworld 'drops' I think, since they're needed to get access to the last part of the castle. That is a problem in and of itself, of course, since it means you won't get them until very late into the game and they don't carry over to NG+. So you have very little time to enjoy them. At that point you likely have better glyphs available to you as well, further diminishing their worth. Still, I like them for their looks alone.

A shame the bestiary doesn't display how many you killed of a given monster. Items such as Merman Meat (from Lorelai) and glyps such as Eye for Decay (Peeping Eye, lets you spot breakable walls) still haunt my nightmares.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
God damn, these animations. Also, you're able to get this upgraded to +5 before killing Taurus Demon right? Insta-kill everything.
At +5 you can kill Ornstein just by repeatedly mashing attack before Smough even reaches you. The 2-handed R1 attack is the best however as it just cuts enemies down as they are attacking before they even get a chance to complete the attack animation.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
What if your favourite weapon is part of your favourite spell? I mean, it is a giant sword.

Ragnarok from Golden Sun.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Virtuous Contract from NieR Automata comes to mind. So good. Feels so smooth to use. Mmmmm.

But I think the overall king for me is Threaded Cane from, again, Bloodborne.

I mean.. It's a cane. And it can transform into a whip. Beautiful.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
DigitalClutteredHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

Ariger in general. I am a huge sucker for magical summonable arsenal that lets you swap weapons on the fly, as well as ability to use all those melee weapons as projectiles that rain on your enemies.

needless to say, there's another character with very similar abilities, that did it before noct. And I am very fond of that character's abilities as well:

0881aa31787312cd85492d5354a4e4bc.gif

Afterimage

Oct 27, 2017
The Longshot in Gears of War sticks out for me. The headshots you could pull off were always so satisfying!

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I have a soft spot for letal frame in KH re:com

300px-Lethal_Frame_KHRECOM.gif

a lot of sleights are broken in re:com, but letal frame is a special kind of brokeness.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maelstrom the huge ass tornado of death you could create in Dragon's Dogma

Honorable mention to Gicel which made giant ice spikes.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weapon might be the charge blade from Monster Hunter World. I love the sound effects and noises, the massive blast as the discharge goes off and then it mechanically clicks back into the other form. I love every moment of it.

Spell is a hard one, but I might have to go with the charge ability Vanguards have in Mass Effect. I never got tired of teleport body slamming people, it was so satisfying to do.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
The spell that sprang immediately to mind was Salamander from Vandal Hearts. Not sure about a weapon, but one of the fully tricked-out guns from Resonance of Fate would definitely be high on the list.

Chicken Wing

Banned
Apr 17, 2018
Favorite weapon is the double helix sword that Fierce Deity Link uses. You could get infinite sword beams in 3D for the first time in Zelda.

Favorite spell is Ragnarok from Golden Sun. Slamming a giant earthen sword from who knows how far away into the enemy's face is always satisfying.

200.gif
This in the commercial made me get this game immediately.