• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favourite New Street Fighter 6 Character?

• A.K.I.

Votes: 46 8.7%
  • Jamie

Votes: 27 5.1%
  • JP

Votes: 43 8.2%
  • Kimberly

Votes: 179 34.0%
  • Lily

Votes: 18 3.4%
  • Manon

Votes: 89 16.9%
  • Marisa

Votes: 125 23.7%

• Total voters

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
literally nobody is using some of these, we have the numbers. keep guile, keep chun, keep ryu, etc etc but i think it is wildly overstated how much staying power the SF2 cast has
I mean they're not using them in high level but they're running around at low level.

Meanwhile Blanka is in serious contention for being the third best character in the game :🤷:

But Honda's are running around all over the place in iron and gold. I think Honda is poorly designed because he's so not fun at high level, but I see him all the time. The only character I don't see very often is Lily and Manon, because Lily and Manon serious got problems.

But like, in BH, I see more Sims than Marisas.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Because the original 12 are consistently at the top of the popularity rankings and they're trying to avoid a SF3 New Generation situation.

Like real talk, it's weird that Sagat, Vega, Boxer and Dictator aren't in the game. I'm sure they will be one day, but like....the staying power of the original 12 is massive.
Well Bison is dead. Yes they could bring him back from death again (terrible idea IMO) but that wouldn't make sense for the story they wanted to tell in World Tour and the Character Stories so that's why he's not there.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Well Bison is dead. Yes they could bring him back from death again (terrible idea IMO) but that wouldn't make sense for the story they wanted to tell in World Tour and the Character Stories so that's why he's not there.

Oh totally, but there are still days where I'm still surprised he's not here.

And like, it's fine, JP is both a villain in terms of narrative and gameplay, he is a worthy successor.

SpScarecrow

Oct 27, 2017
Aleks Le carries Luke for me with how much he hypes up the role outside of the game plus he plays into the memes really well. I like Luke much more in 6 than 5.

In terms of newcomers A.K.I and Kimberly take the top 2 spots, followed by JP. As much as I hate fighting against him, he's a great villain and that CA is godlike. MEANINGLESS EFFORT! TO ASHES! It's just sick.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
jamie could've been good if he was drinking 4loko or monster energy or something that made sense for his age range, it feels like there's a huge personality and design clash with his drunken fist style? also he's the worst chinese rushdown character to date in terms of how usable he is, barring maybe lee (lol)
That clash was very intentional though. The dichotomy between his brash nature and modern hip hop b-boy influenced attacks vs the traditional martial arts and old "chi infusing" drink that he inherited from his grandmother. It's been a bit since I've played the single player modes, but I'm pretty certain they explicitly address this.

At the very least I remember Nakayama mentioning the clash of modern vs tradition being one of the themes behind the visual design of Jamie

lori

Oct 25, 2017
That clash was very intentional though. The dichotomy between his brash nature and modern hip hop b-boy influenced attacks vs the traditional martial arts and old "chi infusing" drink that he inherited from his grandmother. It's been a bit since I've played the single player modes, but I'm pretty certain they explicitly address this.

At the very least I remember Nakayama mentioning the clash of modern vs tradition being one of the themes behind the visual design of Jamie
yeah, it has to be intentional

i just don't like it and think it could've been balanced by having him drink some red bull or whatever instead

instead we have someone intended to be the new ken of the series who will be on dialysis by the time there's a sequel

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Jamie is cool but just feels annoying to play
Not enough reward for doing things he's designed to do

CaveGhostPurp

Jan 12, 2022
As someone who doesn't play SF and dislikes almost all of those new character designs in the OP, Kimberly looks amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Since Luke wasn't a poll option, I'll go with Marisa. She's just so fun to play because you barely have to think. One of the easiest and scrubbiest characters in the game lol

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
yeah, it has to be intentional

i just don't like it and think it could've been balanced by having him drink some red bull or whatever instead

instead we have someone intended to be the new ken of the series who will be on dialysis by the time there's a sequel

I mean hey.

It's a traditional herbal tea.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly really hard to pick. I think I'm only impartial towards Lily but I think most of the other designs are really unique and give real fresh texture to the roster.

As a newer player I think I have some biased fondness for Marisa being a simpler character to mess around with and high dmg bulldozer is always appealing in a way gameplay wise.

Oct 25, 2017
jamie could've been good if he was drinking 4loko or monster energy or something that made sense for his age range, it feels like there's a huge personality and design clash with his drunken fist style? also he's the worst chinese rushdown character to date in terms of how usable he is, barring maybe lee (lol)
This complaint is so out there I don't even understand what your issue is with the old school drunken master flask + bboy style combination. It's a deliberate contrast to make the character interesting. You have an old school trope combined with modern style.

Like do you honestly feel he'd be better if he was sipping from a 4loko (dated) or like a white claw, strong zero or monster energy can or something instead of the flask? the whole point is my boy being out there in the dunks and his versace tracksuit with the grammas flask. the tension between these elements is what gives the character personality.

It also works in contrast with luke, who is a fairly straight laced (solider, martial arts coach) character with a modern fighting style. as opposed to jamie who is a wild character with a traditional fighting style.

The traditional kung fu + modern style thing isn't even new to street fighter- Yun & Yang had the same theming with the old school martial arts + skateboarding/rollerblading.

Don't agree the personality clashes with his design either, his personality is pretty much a copy paste of Jackie Chan in drunken master 2 - braggadocious but ultimately with a good heart. Having someone be in touch with their roots alongside being hip isn't exactly weird. I think conceptually he's a great character.

Last edited:

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
For design. Kimberly, Jamie and JP for top 3.
For gameplay, JP definitely.
I like zoners and his gameplay is fun.

Mar 12, 2024
Never played it, but it's hard to choose. They all look really cool in their own way.

I'm tempted to say Kimberly because of the Final Fight ties and unmitigated cheer.

Marisa is also really cool looking and (I assume) tied to 3rd Strike. I'm a sucker for grapplers.

But Jamie is one of those characters I almost want to play for the walk cycle alone, even though I'd be terrible with him.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I get why Luke wasn't included in the poll but he essentially was created to be a SF6 character even when they put him in SFV so he's at least worth mentioning in the conversation here. SFV Luke feels like a very rough draft for the Luke we got in SF6. Also, Luke's SFV design looks significantly better in SF6 even though its fundamentally the same. Its wild what a difference an art style change can make.

001.png

street-fighter-6-outfit-3-luke.jpg

lori

Oct 25, 2017
This complaint is so out there I don't even understand what your issue is with the old school drunken master flask + bboy style combination. It's a deliberate contrast to make the character interesting. You have an old school trope combined with modern style.

Like do you honestly feel he'd be better if he was sipping from a 4loko (dated) or like a white claw, strong zero or monster energy can or something instead of the flask? the whole point is my boy being out there in the dunks and his versace tracksuit with the grammas flask. the tension between these elements is what gives the character personality.

It also works in contrast with luke, who is a fairly straight laced (solider, martial arts coach) character with a modern fighting style. as opposed to jamie who is a wild character with a traditional fighting style.

The traditional kung fu + modern style thing isn't even new to street fighter- Yun & Yang had the same theming with the old school martial arts + skateboarding/rollerblading.

Don't agree the personality clashes with his design either, his personality is pretty much a copy paste of Jackie Chan in drunken master 2 - braggadocious but ultimately with a good heart. Having someone be in touch with their roots alongside being hip isn't exactly weird. I think conceptually he's a great character.
yun and yang made it much more seamless and cool tbh. having two conflicting traits is always a neat idea but my preference is usually bending the rules a bit to fit a modern era. like, you know, kimberly using the spray paint cans and stuff? that's her putting her own modern twist on a style passed down by several characters now. i think having him get ramped up on panera's charged lemonade would simply be more interesting

also, yun and yang were both very strong fundamentally and very fun to play. if jamie was even half the fighter yang was i'd be playing him right now!!!

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Marisa for the whole thing. Hype. Animations. Voice. Gameplay feel. Everything was super satisfying and felt right.
Honourable Mentions:
-Manon - I really like the mix of judo and ballet. The way she just flips people makes it fun.
-Kimberly - Has the style and I really like faster rushdowny ninja types when it comes to gameplay (ironically I rarely like it in SF series).

Corrupt

Shinra Employee
Oct 31, 2017
I can only comment on looks since I don't play Street Fighter, Kimberly's design is the dog's bollocks.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Design wise I like Kimberly and Marisa the most, though all the new designs are pretty good. Gameplay wise I unfortunately don't really like any of them, hopefully season 2 has something new that clicks with me.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
JP needs to take his Guilty Gear wannabe ass out of SF, but otherwise the newcomer roster, even Luke is strong. Kimberly is absolutely my favorite though.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly, I like all of the new blood in SF6.

But I especially like Kim, Jamie, JP and Marisa

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
JP for the drip. Manon for the personality and music and her command grabs.

I like all the new characters except Lily. Luke is frustrating to fight, because he's just strong everywhere in neutral and you play on his terms, but he's got a good look and is fun to play, charged knuckle combos are fun. Taking people to Memphis is enjoyable to do and watch.

Lily is boring. She needs a complete rework or something, aesthetically she's wack to boot.