Votes: 92 60.9%
  • Kasumi

Votes: 28 18.5%

• Total voters

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I should really read Ranma again, only ever read it once and that must've been 20 years ago at this point.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nabiki is a bad person, but I find her more entertaining than Akane. If you're talking about a serious love interest though, then Akane.

Manga Ukyo becoming Shampoo 2.0 was a bad choice
It shafts Ukyo's character, but without that you end up in a situation where she ends up feeling like a better romantic option than Akane. Manga Ukyo attempted to kill Nabiki in the story where she briefly becomes Ranma's fiancée and they just removed that from the anime when they finally got around to adapting it. But without Ukyo being unreasonable in various ways, you end up with her just being this very understanding friend who's always ready to lend Ranma her shoulder and explodes much less than Akane, while also being a better cook and fighter. The way the manga portrays her love as a Shampoo-level crazy obsession later on explains better why Ranma keeps his distance from her, rather than the all around friendly character that the anime tries to present her as.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Nabiki is a bad person, but I find her more entertaining than Akane. If you're talking about a serious love interest though, then Akane.

It shafts Ukyo's character, but without that you end up in a situation where she ends up feeling like a better romantic option than Akane. Manga Ukyo attempted to kill Nabiki in the story where she briefly becomes Ranma's fiancée and they just removed that from the anime when they finally got around to adapting it. But without Ukyo being unreasonable in various ways, you end up with her just being this very understanding friend who's always ready to lend Ranma her shoulder and explodes much less than Akane, while also being a better cook and fighter. The way the manga portrays her love as a Shampoo-level crazy obsession later on explains better why Ranma keeps his distance from her, rather than the all around friendly character that the anime tries to present her as.

Ranma not choosing her can still work in the anime as there it's because he sees her as one of his friends and that's it. Like why Akane doesn't pick Ryoga

Oct 30, 2017

That's because Ukyo WAS the better romantic choice. I think Takahashi realized this and ruined her character to get out of the corner she wrote herself into. I'd still say Ukyo was the better choice. Considering Ryoga got along with her really well, too, he was a fool to have never consider her.

On topic, it was always Nabiki. Any time Nabiki ever got serious, she was unstoppable. She could put Kuno in his place without fighting, easily defeated Happosai, and I seem recall at least one occasion where she absolutely destroyed Ranma by toying with him, too.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
That's because Ukyo WAS the better romantic choice. I think Takahashi realized this and ruined her character to get out of the corner she wrote herself into. I'd still say Ukyo was the better choice. Considering Ryoga got along with her really well, too, he was a fool to have never consider her.

On topic, it was always Nabiki. Any time Nabiki ever got serious, she was unstoppable. She could put Kuno in his place without fighting, easily defeated Happosai, and I seem recall at least one occasion where she absolutely destroyed Ranma by toying with him, too.

Ryoga instead got a walking consolation prize........(Akari is LAME)

Nabiki destroyed Ranma in the whole thing where she became his fiancee.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Nabiki easily, if only for being the only one to treat Kuno with the disdain he deserved.