Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Was likely a few things if I were to guess

1. Square selling off Eidos stuff, so this might've ended up at Embracer and they had to determine if it was worth keeping
2. Reaction to the game was extremely negative, and to turn it around would've likely been too expensive.

A shame for the devs but hopefully this isn't the end for Fear Effect.

eFKac92

Apr 8, 2021
Not saying it's not true, but I have found no other sources in Poland corroborating that, and definitely nothing official.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Nooo

We can't let Fear Effect Sedna be the last Fear Effect game

Apr 5, 2022
I REALLY hope it isnt the case. I really hope Fear Effect doesn't end on Sedna XD; Guess this direct or State of Play is our only hope.

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should really just do a good upscaled remaster of the first couple fear effect games and call it a day. It's all anyone really wants.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
Not saying it's not true, but I have found no other sources in Poland corroborating that, and definitely nothing official.
Company has issued a statement to investors that it's indeed cancelled:
www.bankier.pl

FOREVER ENTERTAINMENT S.A.: Rozwiązanie umowy na produkcję i wydanie Fear Effect Reinvented.

Spis treści:1. RAPORT BIEŻĄCY2. MESSAGE (ENGLISH VERSION)3. INFORMACJE O PODMIOCIE4. PODPISY OSÓB REPREZENTUJĄCYCH SPÓŁKĘ KOMISJA NADZORU FINANSOWEGO Raport bieżący nr 19 / 2023 Data sporządzenia:...

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Not shocked at all, was literally just wondering where the hell this thing is.

Holy shit it was announced over SIX years ago? Goddamn.

PaXtTWE.png

Yikes

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I was just wondering what happened to this a few months ago. When I looked for it, I saw that there had been no updates since 2022, so I can't say I'm too surprised to hear this.

Hopefully, someone can do something with the series again in the future.

Apr 5, 2022
Not shocked at all, was literally just wondering where the hell this thing is.

Holy shit it was announced over SIX years ago? Goddamn.

PaXtTWE.png

Yikes

I knew something was up when they were releasing other games and promoting them on social media (Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead Remake and Front Mission 1 Remake and still going to release HOTD2 and Front Mission 2 Remake) If they had all that time to do all that, why couldn't they finish up Fear Effect? I wonder what made them just stop and do those other projects? Unless this rumor is wrong and they're still working on it.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
The footage looked kind of OK but not really more than that. Plus, the Fear Effect name really has no weight today, it's extremely niche so if you wanted to make that kind of game it's probably just better to start anew and leave the baggage behind honestly.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The missing remake must be Panzer Zwei or HOTD2 then. Unless they're already showing Front Mission 3.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
FYI the statement says that the total cost of the project was 1.5 million PLN, which is around 350k USD. Not the biggest of budgets for a project multiple years in development.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Not shocked by this at all and it's probably for the best.

It was announced as a largely 1:1 remake with fixed camera angles, disappeared for years and then was re-revealed as a Gears of War-clone cover shooter. It looked awful.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
FYI the statement says that the total cost of the project was 1.5 million PLN, which is around 350k USD. Not the biggest of budgets for a project multiple years in development.
Yeah, it was probably stuck in limbo for some time while they were working on other games.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, this. Just as well when what it was going to be looked nothing like Fear Effect at all or even appeared to be a good game in its own right.

Remasters, not remakes, of the first two games for posterity are really all that's actually needed at this point, not that I expect that to ever happen.