• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Well wtf...Might as well just killed Nick off for good at the end of Season 2.
So we just going to get Nick through the flashbacks then?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm speechless.

The first character we saw at the very beginning of the series was him and now he's dead. What a bold move.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
Haven't all (or the majority) of the major character deaths been the actors asking to be written off the show? Aside from Chris probably, lol. Thought Cliff Curtis wanted off for Avatar and Mercedes for her pregnancy.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Wowow did not see that coming. What a gut punch. I had Nick pegged as someone who would last until the end of the series...

I just read an article saying he asked the producers back during season 3 if he could leave the leave show to pursue other opportunities.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...k-dies-showrunners-frank-dillane-exit-1106632

Ah, that explains it then.

Ejeom.gif

My favourite character what the hell.

SAME

:(

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
Man I wasn't expecting this. Nick was a great character and didn't expect to go too early in this season. It was a surprise. So far, I'm enjoying it more than the original walking dead.

I'm curious what was the story on Strand's scar on his right hand. He was hiding it. I'm looking forward to know behind of his scar.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who didn't read TWD comics, that's how TWD started off too. T Dog, Dale, Amy, shit.. even all the way to Carl. There have been plenty of surprising deaths on TWD.
Yeah, I remember the good old days... But no one recently from the star group. Carl is arguable, but in-show he's not comparable to Rick/MIchonne/Daryl/Maggie etc.

Nick was literally number 1 or 2 with Madison. In my mind, number 1 for a good while.

I don't think Madison is dead because I think she's gonna kill that kid.
Ya, they can't kill her yet. I expect a crazy Rick-like flip where she goes all in on taking out the Vultures while trying to get the girl.

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
giphy.gif

Still can't believe he's dead. He was definitely my favorite character. I wonder where Madison is currently at. I can't imagine she's dead if they just killed Nick off. It's also pretty fucking sad that she wasn't around when he died. At least he had Alicia in his final moments.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, I was someone who liked the Nick character. I have always had a soft spot for drug addicts. I have my own issues, so I can relate to the compulsion.

Nemo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude really sold his death scene well. He was in so much pain and agony and internal chaos. Alot of times people just breathe heavily and say some final words and then thats it. It really made me feel for him.

Also fuck Charlie.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Pretty shocked about Nick, wow didn't see that coming, nice curve ball though, when they have been hinting that Madison is dead, with all the happy flashbacks and the fact ahe isn't with the group now. I'm guessing she's not dead afterall.

I'm thinking Madison or Alicia will take revenge on the kid in the end, even if they pretend to forgive her to start with and then one of them will kill her when no one is looking.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Did the little girl shoot nick deliberately or was it more an accident? Maddisson won't care though. Also they need to cool it with the colour desaturation in the present times, it was like watching in monochrome. Westworld has the same past/present narrative structure they don't need to be so heavy handed.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it wrong that I want to see Negan use that kid for batting practice?

She was already a little shit for the way she manipulated their generosity and now she's a little killer.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa...that episode was great and his death came out of nowhere. I thought they were building up to kill off the mom

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Did the little girl shoot nick deliberately or was it more an accident? Maddisson won't care though. Also they need to cool it with the colour desaturation in the present times, it was like watching in monochrome. Westworld has the same past/present narrative structure they don't need to be so heavy handed.
He's the only person over there.. sitting right out in the open for all to see. Of course she shot him deliberately. She just came to her senses after she realized what she'd done.

We should still see Nick during the flashbacks, right?
Yep. They're going to tie up loose ends and show what drove Nick to hate that Vulture guy so much. Probably have some scenes showing he and Madison being a family to further pull at the heartstrings and eventually focus on the post-Nick world.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I finally watched it.. I really liked it. I enjoyed Nick as a character. Sometimes.. But felt like this was a well done death, and THAT is something special on TWD and FTWD. I was kind of hoping Morgan would train him or something.. But alas..

I'm really enjoying this season so far, even if it's kind of confusing. Feels like with the smaller cast and craziness.. It can breathe a little more. TWD just got to be.. Too much maybe.

butanebob

Mar 16, 2018
I'm a bit concerned with Morgan putting a bandage over his trousers. Is that going to heal properly?

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
On the one hand, Nick was one of the better characters. On the other, his stupidity seemed to be the basis for a lot of plots in this show.

Can we just drop it down to Strand, Morgan, Althea, and John? Maybe Alicia too.

Just have them traveling the post-apocalypse in their super-truck, visiting outposts trading knowledge for supplies and stories.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

Wachenroder

Oct 29, 2017
I just caught episode 3 and losing Nick is big. He and Strand are basically the only 2 characters I like on this show (besides the new characters and Morgan). I was really hyped for this shows new beginning highs and SUPER lows of the previous seasons....but now i'm kind of losing interest....

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fear the abrupt Death? (Nick, Travis...)

None of the new characters strike me as exactly interesting, especially not the camera lady, who I find especially annoying. Nick, with his faults, was actually one of the rare characters with actual progression of character and growth throughout the show.

Avantgarde

Oct 27, 2017
What the actual FUCK they killed my favorite character, he basically carried this show for me, I was so excited for the future of Nick + Morgan, that's it, I'm done.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wah, I just caught up after binging season 3 over the past few days and so far I'm pretty disappointed with season 4. Killing Nick seems silly since if they were gonna kill him there was the perfect set up for it at the end of season 3. I also don't like this timeskip atm, it feels too much like TWD 2.0 and doesn't have the uniqueness of the first 3 seasons of fear since we're now again in a world where everything is dead and almost everyone is a killer/shithead. Hopefully, things improve but with my favourite character now dead and the show's timeline being pushed forward I don't have much confidence.

Also, why do they keep giving Daniel vague off-screen maybe deaths? Either kill him or keep him, stop being in the middle all the time.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that was unexpected... I actually thought the big gut punch at the end of that episode would be the big reveal that Madison had been killed. Nick had been acting strange all episode, remembering Madison and hunting and eventually killing that guy. I really thought maybe that guy killed Madison and Nick was getting his revenge.

It sucks when characters are abruptly written out when the actors don't want to stay any longer. :/

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fear the abrupt Death? (Nick, Travis...)

None of the new characters strike me as exactly interesting, especially not the camera lady, who I find especially annoying. Nick, with his faults, was actually one of the rare characters with actual progression of character and growth throughout the show.
So Madison didn't have any growth going from the concerned mom who tries to hide her kids from the violence and not seeing things for what they are to brutally killing Troy once she finds out he ruined everything? Strand didn't have growth from only being out for himself to caring for the group? No growth from Morgan starting from where he was on TWD to where he is now?

phaeb

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is the new girl so hellbent on interviewing the cast when there's no one to broadcast too?

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Madison didn't have any growth going from the concerned mom who tries to hide her kids from the violence and not seeing things for what they are to brutally killing Troy once she finds out he ruined everything? Strand didn't have growth from only being out for himself to caring for the group? No growth from Morgan starting from where he was on TWD to where he is now?
I said "One of the few". Strand and Madison are among those few :) Morgan's a bit of cheating really, but he's already used in Fear a lot better than he was in TWD.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I said "One of the few". Strand and Madison are among those few :) Morgan's a bit of cheating really, but he's already used in Fear a lot better than he was in TWD.
Fair enough lol, but to be to fair[er] everyone else that could have growth is dead :b

And the new characters are still new.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just watched episodes 2 and 3 of season four (as someone who didn't watch the previous seasons). Wow, Nick's death was brutal. He was the one of the OG cast that i Liked the most. Charlie is crazy.