• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
tumblr_m9wdvgiN281rrk7c1o1_400.gif

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this good news or is this going nowhere like everything involving Trump always does?

And by "records" we're talking about them tax returns, yes?

I can't fathom how anyone could be on Trump side on this one. If he has really nothing to hide like he claims why does he continue to fight tooth and nail to keep them hidden? Fucking hell

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Good news. The Dems should have locked up Mnuchin too for breaking the law. Send a serious message.

I've read that Trump's lawyer says they will appeal, though I don't see confirmation of that. Of course they will though. Obstruction is in their nature.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Is this good news or is this going nowhere like everything involving Trump always does?

And by "records" we're talking about them tax returns, yes?

I can't fathom how anyone could be on Trump side on this one. If he has really nothing to hide like he claims why does he continue to fight tooth and nail to keep them hidden? Fucking hell
No

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been half an hour and only have 27 comments so far. So this isn't big news then or have we grown numb to it all?

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Who has the final say in this matter?

Courts do not generally try to make rulings on the "legislative purpose" of congressional subpoenas, because it's Congress' prerogative to write legislation based on what they know. In a situation where executive privilege does not apply, any judge worth his salt will side with Congress.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is the one that the other lawsuits will look to for precendence in terms of Congress seeking disclosures from members of an administration. Fuck Trump.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Nothing will fucking happen. Barr still walking around like nothing making jokes of the situation, where the fuck is Mueller.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
So does this actually mean anything in this post rule of law Trump universe or this is more of a symbolic request?

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I can't see SCOTUS ruling that the Executive branch has the final say over Congress regardless of who is on it. That would set a president that would effect the SCOTUS itself.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
So does this actually mean anything in this post rule of law Trump universe or this is more of a symbolic request?

Company they are asking the returns from is a private business. Trump has no legal recourse to block congress from getting them but they are trying anyways. In a case like this the time it takes for appeals to take place congress likely will already have the returns already (The judge said they are required to give the returns, and not pending an appeal). This was a stall tactic that failed.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
wonder if trump had already sent a team to scrub all information from that firms computers and shredded all documents. it's not like he hasn't done similar before.